Which of these former Bills would you like to see back on the roster?

Mark Vader

If you could bring back a former Bill, from last years roster. Who would it be?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Bills would you like to see back on the roster this year?

I voted for Hughes only because it wouldn't shock me to see the Bills trade Epinesa, if so that would open up a roster spot for a DE.

Beasley they have two slot guys so a no for him.  I'd rather see a guy like Sanders come back as he can play outside.

Same with Williams, unless they don't draft any interior lineman, just don't see a roster spot for him

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I voted for Hughes only because it wouldn't shock me to see the Bills trade Epinesa, if so that would open up a roster spot for a DE.

Beasley they have two slot guys so a no for him.  I'd rather see a guy like Sanders come back as he can play outside.

Same with Williams, unless they don't draft any interior lineman, just don't see a roster spot for him

Trade him for what? A Big Mac?

I went with Hughes.  He's been a good player on the team for a long time and he still has some gas in the tank.  He may not be as effective as he once was, but I believe he has value as a backup or rotational player.  He might also surprise statistically if Von Miller is on the other side and has to be accounted for (assuming they don't exclusively play on the same side - and I honestly don't know, but I'm sure many others on the board do).   Hughes has also gotten past his penalty issues from a few years ago and has become a real team leader who is a good locker room influence.  It would also be great for him to be a part of what could be a very special season for the Bills.

Williams and Klein can both still play and contribute and I wouldn't mind seeing them at the right price, although the signing of Saffold, matching the offer to Bates, signing Quesenberry (sp?), and re-signing Ike seem to indicate that Williams is done.  Beasley is done.  In addition to him appearing to lose a step, the Bills have already signed Crowder, a younger guy, to play the slot for less money, and it appears that some bridges were burned between Beas and the team, some (or more) of which could be related to the whole COVID vaccination thing.  While the team may not have agreed with his stance on vaccination, I believe that they would have accepted it and been fine with it if he had not made such a spectacle of it on social media.  I don't know that it had a major impact on the team one way or the other, but it was a distraction.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Why is Gilmore not on that list?

Because he’s under contract with the Colts?  🤷‍♂️

I like the Wyatt Teller answer, but are we talking just people who are available? I just looked, and Teller signed a 4 year contract extension for almost $57 Mil. Good for him! You can’t be right 100% of the time. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

And all of the other players on the list were on last season's team - Gilmore was not.

I guess “back” is a relative term. 

BTW, I agree Beasley might help the most, but I did not appreciate the distraction he caused. I’d love to have Hughes get a ring with us if he’s willing to do it on the cheap. Having Von might help free him up. I voted for Jerry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Because he’s under contract with the Colts?  🤷‍♂️

I like the Wyatt Teller answer, but are we talking just people who are available? I just looked, and Teller signed a 4 year contract extension for almost $57 Mil. Good for him! You can’t be right 100% of the time. 

It's players who were on last years team and are currently free agents.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.