Kyle Brandt will announce Bills 3rd round pick

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Clearly it is hilarious to him because he "gimmicked his way right into the spotlight".

He has been positive press for Bills (and not just JA) last 2 years but not expecting him to be a Chris Berman who always picked Bills.

I like Kyle. I just think it would be funny if all this hype and he doesn’t get to pick.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Ha my view on him is well known. Maybe it is a British thing but I find him as funny as diarrhea.

My first exposure to Kyle was when he did the Bears' TV network play-by-play for their preseason game against the Bills in 2018 (the AJ McCarron game).  I did not remember Kyle from MTV's The Real World or know he had worked on Jim Rome's show and was now a "sports guy."  At the time, I also did not realize he was a lifelong Bears fan and doing the play-by-play for a Bears game was one of his dreams.  The broadcast was hilarious; I think I posted about it here at the time.  Brandt called the action as if it was the Super Bowl.  Before I realized the circumstances I thought he was an idiot; now I understand just how excited he was to do it.  Since then I've become a fan.  I watch GMFB quite a bit during the season (not so much in the off-season) and I enjoy the energy he brings to the show.  Is everything funny?  Of course not, but enough of it is that I find him enjoyable.  His attachment to the Bills and Bills Mafia was organic, and at least to me did not appear to be contrived.  Kyle coined the moniker "Sugar High Josh" -- which wasn't exactly a compliment.  If people don't like his personality or entertainment it's no skin off my teeth, but the ones who lambaste him as a phony or bandwagon fan don't understand what he has been doing and what he's all about.  I feel like he's pretty genuine.  He has most certainly played at least some small role in enhancing the Bills' national exposure.

I honestly don't know why any Bills fan would crap on him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

My first exposure to Kyle was when he did the Bears' TV network play-by-play for their preseason game against the Bills in 2018 (the AJ McCarron game).  I did not remember Kyle from MTV's The Real World or know he had worked on Jim Rome's show and was now a "sports guy."  At the time, I also did not realize he was a lifelong Bears fan and doing the play-by-play for a Bears game was one of his dreams.  The broadcast was hilarious; I think I posted about it here at the time.  Brandt called the action as if it was the Super Bowl.  Before I realized the circumstances I thought he was an idiot; now I understand just how excited he was to do it.  Since then I've become a fan.  I watch GMFB quite a bit during the season (not so much in the off-season) and I enjoy the energy he brings to the show.  Is everything funny?  Of course not, but enough of it is that I find him enjoyable.  His attachment to the Bills and Bills Mafia was organic, and at least to me did not appear to be contrived.  Kyle coined the moniker "Sugar High Josh" -- which wasn't exactly a compliment.  If people don't like his personality or entertainment it's no skin off my teeth, but the ones who lambaste him as a phony or bandwagon fan don't understand what he has been doing and what he's all about.  I feel like he's pretty genuine.  He has most certainly played at least some small role in enhancing the Bills' national exposure.

I honestly don't know why any Bills fan would crap on him.

I don't have a view on whether he is genuine or not. I have no reason to think he isn't. I just don't find him entertaining or in the least bit funny. I appreciate that he has always been reasonably complimentary about the Bills, but that doesn't change my view on the extent to which I find him entertaining (or not!)

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ha my view on him is well known. Maybe it is a British thing but I find him as funny as diarrhea.

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Diarrhea can be immensely satisfying. 

Ask me, I know. 

One of the major battles in Revolutionary War (or rebellion of ungrateful American Colonists to some) was lost because one of the British strategists had a major case of diarrhea and his subordinates could not handle battle strategy.  Considering what was written about the colonialists and their poor battle strategy by British I found that immediately funny when I read that in research for paper in college history paper.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Maybe we can get Chris Berman to do round 2. 

Stevie Johnson!

A friend of mine announced a pick a number of years ago - I actually can't remember how he got that honor.  Of course since it was a Bills selection they were in commercial when he did it 😛 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think it’s great.  He was a supporter

On a national stage on the best nfl tv show since 2019.  He and Schein, and eventually Cowherd have been behind Allen forever.  Others are just catching up.

on the order of buying in on the regular crew.  
Kyle was truly sold first and still honest in any due criticism.  

Nate would not buy in until the Bills “conquered” their demons Pats*. 
He was sold the next season with the victory over KC. 

Peter, claims to be sold, yet he picked the JETS to beat the Bills!!!  Then gave them no shot late in the postseason. 

Kay is somewhere in the middle.She “loves Josh”. She doesn’t usually do those type segments and leans in o Fantasy Football 
She has worn Bungles jerseys enough to make it noticeable imo

I don’t recall when she wore a Bills 👕 

She ❤️the Playa, not team.  

Then there is the part time member of GMFB, Mike Rob. 
He’s been full on BillsMafia for 3-4 years now.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Either you've been living under a rock, you don't watch the NFL Network's Good Morning Football show (or read any posts on this forum about it), you don't listen to One Bills Live on the Bills radio network (or read any posts on this forum about it), you don't have a Twitter account, or if you do have a Twitter account you don't follow any Bills news sources.

Are you in fact a Bills fan?

Kyle Brandt is this generation's Chris Berman...i.e., a national football media presence who openly hypes the Buffalo Bills.

Why would we want to discourage or downplay a national media guy who constantly promotes the Bills.  I could care less that he's a newbie bandwagoner. Keep it up Kyle and find us a winner @ 89.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.