OT…Steelers legend Devlin “Duck” Hodges retires

78thealltimegreat

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Going to miss the man who in 2019 pro football focus famously said was better then Josh Allen. May he have many future Steelers-Bills duels on Madden. 

That should never be lived down.  He made this statement 14 weeks into Allen’s second year too.  It was ridiculous then and looks worse now

56 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The link is blocked behind a paywall? 

And saying duck is better, then putting a caveat that it's only been three games is BS 

That's why they have no merit .. you either stand by your convictions or you don't 

It's not TMZ, they try to put themselves out as legitimate football people.. you can't just write joke articles

I did not realize it is behind a paywall.  (I subscribe.)  Honestly, it’s not their fault if people looking for an excuse to be outraged cherry pick one sentence that fits their agenda.  

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I did not realize it is behind a paywall.  (I subscribe.)  Honestly, it’s not their fault if people looking for an excuse to be outraged cherry pick one sentence that fits their agenda.  

Pff has notoriously had it out for Allen since draft day  

Almost starting the article with that sentence makes anything after irrelevant

Cuz that is clickbait at its best 

And PFF has been known for clickbait articles 

How do we get views? Let's start the article with duck Hodges is better than Josh Allen

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Pff has notoriously had it out for Allen since draft day  

Almost starting the article with that sentence makes anything after irrelevant

Cuz that is clickbait at its best 

And PFF has been known for clickbait articles 

How do we get views? Let's start the article with duck Hodges is better than Josh Allen

That’s ridiculous.  The people at PFF absolutely expected Allen to fail in the NFL. That’s what the historical data pointed to as a near certainty.  But Allen has succeeded.  And guess what?  The people at PFF have not only acknowledged that, they’ve changed their methodology to try to account for players like him.  But don’t let any of that temper your outrage.  

34 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s ridiculous.  The people at PFF absolutely expected Allen to fail in the NFL. That’s what the historical data pointed to as a near certainty.  But Allen has succeeded.  And guess what?  The people at PFF have not only acknowledged that, they’ve changed their methodology to try to account for players like him.  But don’t let any of that temper your outrage.  

I mean I could care less about PFF.. and they do have nice advanced statistics

Somebody mentioned them saying duck Hodges was better 

And to everybody who cannot subscribe to PFF.. the only sentence you have is duck Hodges is better than Josh Allen 

That's a fact

There is no historical data for quarterbacking because things like completion percentage don't measure accuracy.. it doesn't account for team talent... Or scheme... pass attempts...You look for traits

Tons of football scouts had Josh Allen as a tremendous talent.. that's why he was coveted.. talked about as a potential number one pick

While most analytic sites don't like him because analytic people aren't football coaches or scouts 

Sometimes you need to be able to use your eye and say hey that's a good football player.. not just use numbers or data 

PFF is nice with all the advanced Data it gives you but they're not the best talent evaluators

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The link is blocked behind a paywall? 

And saying duck is better, then putting a caveat that it's only been three games is BS 

That's why they have no merit .. you either stand by your convictions or you don't 

It's not TMZ, they try to put themselves out as legitimate football people.. you can't just write joke articles

Sam Monson admitted on Twitter that nobody at PFF really believed that Duck Hodges was better.

The strong implication is it was just something they said to "stir the *****" and rile up Bills mafia

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sam Monson admitted on Twitter that nobody at PFF really believed that Duck Hodges was better.

The strong implication is it was just something they said to "stir the *****" and rile up Bills mafia

I think that was part of my point of why i don't take them too seriously 

That's something that pundits do or journalists do not scouts 

I could do without clickbait, now all the advanced stats are good

37 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think that was part of my point of why i don't take them too seriously 

That's something that pundits do or journalists do not scouts 

I could do without clickbait, now all the advanced stats are good

Not sure how anyone can find PFF credible after admitting they undermine their reporting integrity by deliberately trolling fans with takes they admit are untrue. It’s always been amateur hour at PFF and Monson proves it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.