OT…Steelers legend Devlin “Duck” Hodges retires

78thealltimegreat

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Going to miss the man who in 2019 pro football focus famously said was better then Josh Allen. May he have many future Steelers-Bills duels on Madden. 

Lol, this was 1st thought I got when I read thread title and was going to mention it too. The almighty Duck was best kept secret QB2 and was said to be better than Josh Allen...

Lol, that will be a hard one to forget 

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Going to miss the man who in 2019 pro football focus famously said was better then Josh Allen. May he have many future Steelers-Bills duels on Madden. 

And this is why I :

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

every time someone wants to say PFF is credible. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Is it really considered "retiring" if no one wants you?

Lol, I'd love to have kind of money he has and nobody wanted me so I could retire.

Anyway, seriously though...He would be the starter for Panthers probably. Seattle too easily. Maybe a couple other teams with sad QB situations, those were 2 off top of my head.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, this was 1st thought I got when I read thread title and was going to mention it too. The almighty Duck was best kept secret QB2 and was said to be better than Josh Allen...

Lol, that will be a hard one to forget 

Chris Collinsworth is inconsolable now Joe Montana records are now safe from Duck.   

Steeler fans are the worst fans in the NFL. I'm an Oklahoma State guy so naturally a huge Mason Rudolph fan.... they all clamored for Hodges after Mason came back from him being knocked out against the Ravens early that 2019 season. I kept telling them, it's not the QB... Mason is actually a SOLID backup, it's the OL and the fact the Steelers had ZERO weapons on offense. The RB sucked and the WR'ers were hurt all year. 

Hodges turned out way worse than Rudolph could ever be. 

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Sounds amusing.  Link?

Their bit was to find something positive to say about each team’s chances that week.  For the Steelers playing the Bills they said that Hodges had played better than Allen the previous week.  They never said he was a better QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Their bit was to find something positive to say about each team’s chances that week.  For the Steelers playing the Bills they said that Hodges had played better than Allen the previous week.  They never said he was a better QB.

Remember this gem. It's funny to read through some of these archived threads and see some people's responses. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Nowhere does it say better quarterback right now

It says duck Hodges is a better quarterback playing at home in a must win

Edited by Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nowhere does it say better quarterback right now

It says duck Hodges is a better quarterback playing at home in a must win

Follow the link.  The caveat of it being a 3 game sample from Hodges follows.  Also if you read the whole thing - instead of the one sentence clip - you’ll see that they are just messing around like I said. 

Edited by BarleyNY

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Is it really considered "retiring" if no one wants you?

I have retired from both my male modeling career and my stud service for super models. There is only so much one guy can do…..

11 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Follow the link.  The caveat of it being a 3 game sample from Hodges follows.  Also if you read the whole thing - instead of the one sentence clip - you’ll see that they are just messing around like I said. 

The link is blocked behind a paywall? 

And saying duck is better, then putting a caveat that it's only been three games is BS 

That's why they have no merit .. you either stand by your convictions or you don't 

It's not TMZ, they try to put themselves out as legitimate football people.. you can't just write joke articles

Edited by Buffalo716

44 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

PFF often resembles preschool children's finger-painting.

BILL-THE-CAT.jpg

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.