NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

It’s funny to me that people are so dead set against a running back in 1. Beane has said many times since the season ended that his two goals are getting to the qb (checkmark in FA) and helping josh Allen. A rb does that. CB2has never been a premium position under McD dating back to Carolina. 

6 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It’s funny to me that people are so dead set against a running back in 1. Beane has said many times since the season ended that his two goals are getting to the qb (checkmark in FA) and helping josh Allen. A rb does that. CB2has never been a premium position under McD dating back to Carolina. 

Reasons I hate the idea:

1.  Short sighted - the draft had been for the future, this screams short term.

2.  RB is not a premium position.  If Hall becomes as good as Fournette, you have a $7M guy, if the WR is good like C Kirk you have a $15-20M player.

3.  Hall had a terrible interview on the show I saw, he isn't even the best RB in this class.  He was pompous and arrogant.  Also he doesn't play 4.4 fast.

4.  Taking an RB in the first puts pressure on Dorsey/McD to run more - I don't want that pressure/influence on the offense.

5.  Not only would I not want to give a second contract to an RB, the recent round 1 RBs would hold out before that anyway (Zeke, LeVeon).

6.  Hall at around $3M replaces the $2M Singletary.  Meanwhile we neglect that next year we have $15M Edmunds and $13M Poyer.

7.  The genius title for Beane would have to be revisited- this would be an error in the overall plan of a continued successful team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Reasons I hate the idea:

2.  RB is not a premium position.  If Hall becomes as good as Fournette, you have a $7M guy, if the WR is good like C Kirk you have a $15-20M player.

3.  Hall had a terrible interview on the show I saw, he isn't even the best RB in this class.  He was pompous and arrogant.  Also he doesn't play 4.4 fast.

4.  Taking an RB in the first puts pressure on Dorsey/McD to run more - I don't want that pressure/influence on the offense.

5.  Not only would I not want to give a second contract to an RB, the recent round 1 RBs would hold out before that anyway (Zeke, LeVeon).

6.  Hall at around $3M replaces the $2M Singletary.  Meanwhile we neglect that next year we have $15M Edmunds and $13M Poyer.

7.  The genius title for Beane would have to be revisited- this would be an error in the overall plan of a continued successful team.

Taking a pass catching RB does not put pressure on any offense, let alone the Josh Allen led Buffalo Bills to run more. 

I can go either way on Breece Hall at 25, but some of these takes are over the top.  

You make some good points, but we do need an answer to the 2 deep shell.  If we stay at 25, he may be the best answer.. and that answer likely would come more in the short passing game than run game. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Taking a pass catching RB does not put pressure on any offense, let alone the Josh Allen led Buffalo Bills to run more. 

I can go either way on Breece Hall at 25, but some of these takes are over the top.  

You make some good points, but we do need an answer to the 2 deep shell.  If we stay at 25, he may be the best answer.. and that answer likely would come more in the short passing game than run game. 

Yeah I’m really sick of the running backs only carry the ball narrative. It’s lazy. Completely lazy. Hall would be heavily used in the passing game. I’m just over arguing with people about it. 

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we take Breece Hall, does anyone think Singletary or Moss get moved?   I can’t imagine either has much value, Moss maybe a 6th or 7th, Singletary maybeee a 5th?

Nah nobody is gonna trade for those dudes. Using picks on those guys doesn’t make sense when there are a huge crop of guys in the draft. Only Doug Whaley trades picks for guys like Bryce Brown. Moss was inactive all season and Devin has been ok and in the last year of his deal. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daniel Jeremiah sticking with Breece Hall in Final mock tonight on nfln 

Asante Samuel Jr in his 2021 final mock

Jonah Williams in 2019 final mock 

Looks like he picked Josh in 2018 I think

Tmrw at like 11 pm can’t come soon enough lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Asante Samuel Jr in his 2021 final mock

Jonah Williams in 2019 final mock 

Looks like he picked Josh in 2018 I think

Tmrw at like 11 pm can’t come soon enough lol

I didn’t get the impression that he knew what they would do, but rather it was what he thought they should do 

Edited by YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Reasons I hate the idea:

Oh god. Stop it…. Good lord dude. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Reasons I hate the idea:

7. The genius title for Beane would have to be revisited- this would be an error in the overall plan of a continued successful team.

I agree with all your points, im not for a RB in the 1st. Though I won't let it ruin my day if it happens. But your #7 point is interesting because if the bills draft hall and he makes a small contribution that doesnt live up to a first rounder and they still win a superbowl, no matter what,  beane is seen as a genius and the hall pick is an absolute success because they won it all. But if they draft hall and he's good but lose in the playoffs again...people might start grabbing pitch forks and asking why the 25th wasnt spent on a premium position. I guess my point is it could be argued that it's a risky proposition for beanes reputation to go RB in the 1st.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.