NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I find it so odd that fans are basically saying draft any wr in the 1st round.

I do love Dotson, I won’t lie. But it basically started with Jameson Williams which I get. He’s a top 10 talent that looked like a possibility at 25, just not likely anymore. 

I’m all for adding talent, rounds 2-3 will have good WR talent. But I don’t get the push for a WR round 1 when Diggs and Davis are locked in for 2 years. 

Davis is not locked in. I think he is going to be a solid #2, but he's actually been inconsistent. A few outstanding games do not make him a sure thing. Regardless, I think Jameson Williams can be electric scary as a receiver and adding him would supercharge the danger of Josh Allen and the passing offense. I would trade up to get him -- and also to keep him away from KC and GB. If you are just thinking in general and saying WR in college is producing more pro ready players, yes, that's true, but that doesn't mean one pretty good receiver is as good as another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I find it so odd that fans are basically saying draft any wr in the 1st round.

I do love Dotson, I won’t lie. But it basically started with Jameson Williams which I get. He’s a top 10 talent that looked like a possibility at 25, just not likely anymore. 

I’m all for adding talent, rounds 2-3 will have good WR talent. But I don’t get the push for a WR round 1 when Diggs and Davis are locked in for 2 years. 

Because the team is a contender only because of their passing game and they have gotten there by running a lot of 3 and 4 receiver sets.    

Currently,  non-factor Jake Kumerow is WR3 as the top backup at both the X and Z positions.   

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Davis is not locked in. I think he is going to be a solid #2, but he's actually been inconsistent. A few outstanding games do not make him a sure thing. Regardless, I think Jameson Williams can be electric scary as a receiver and adding him would supercharge the danger of Josh Allen and the passing offense. I would trade up to get him -- and also to keep him away from KC and GB. If you are just thinking in general and saying WR in college is producing more pro ready players, yes, that's true, but that doesn't mean one pretty good receiver is as good as another.

by the time 25 rolls around the best options are Dotson and maybe Burks. If that’s the case I’d rather wait till 2 or 3 and get a similar WR who let’s be honest will be at best our 4th WR starting out. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

by the time 25 rolls around the best options are Dotson and maybe Burks. If that’s the case I’d rather wait till 2 or 3 and get a similar WR who let’s be honest will be at best our 4th WR starting out. 

Yes, I am advocating for trading up from 25. I would spend next year's first if it meant grabbing Jameson Williams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am not debating Hall's abilities. The point of discussion should be - where is our 1st rounder best spent? And this is not just for the upcoming season. Imo, the pick should be going towards BPA at a premium position. Else you are not getting long term value from that pick.

To illustrate the point, picking Fournette over Mahomes and Barkley over Allen is how teams wallow in mediocrity. 

The difference is we have our qb. We can afford the luxury pick. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I have GD locked - and loaded. 

Sit back and enjoy.

FWIW - I still want another WR in this draft. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I am advocating for trading up from 25. I would spend next year's first if it meant grabbing Jameson Williams.

100%

If 25 plus next years RD1 gets us Jameson Williams, I would do it with zero hesitation.  

If you designed a player in a lab to add to this Bills Offense, chances are he would look very much like Jameson Williams. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I wasn’t Singletarys biggest fan early last season or his rookie year but I thought he improved throughout last season… I’m perplexed why fans think a RB is where this offense is lacking when it was clear as day the blocking upfront was the culprit… how does a Breece Hall change the outcome of that Chiefs game? 

I am here to save the day! Jonathan Taylor GIF by The Undroppables
poof!  You are perplexed no more!

24 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

At that point, you’re passing on Burks, Watson, Pickens, Dotson and Skyy Moore, possibly Pierce….and drafting midgets, Tolbert or Khalil Shakir in rd 2….or justyn Ross in rd 3.

which LATE rd 3 WRs would you be happy with?  I keep hearing about all these great late round WRs.  Venus jones, Thornton, Weston and Turner are the only guys that I’ve been somewhat impressed with.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

At that point, you’re passing on Burks, Watson, Pickens, Dotson and Skyy Moore, possibly Pierce….and drafting midgets, Tolbert or Khalil Shakir in rd 2….or justyn Ross in rd 3.

which LATE rd 3 WRs would you be happy with?  I keep hearing about all these great late round WRs.  Venus jones, Thornton, Weston and Turner are the only guys that I’ve been somewhat impressed with.  

Danny Gray is a super underrated prospect that the Bills could get in round 3. Kyle Phillips is an excellent route runner in the mold of Emmanuel Sanders. Shakir is a fantastic pick in round 3. He won’t go round 2. 

David Bell wouldn’t have been available late 3 but with his slower 40 he may drop. 

Personally I like Gray. Reminds me of a raw Lee Evans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I want the younger player Serena Jones - I think he will be better overall - just don’t let Will Smith play the father or Mel Kiper might get face smacked at the draft.

Sorry - just trying to have a bit of fun to lighten this place up.  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Danny Gray is a super underrated prospect that the Bills could get in round 3. Kyle Phillips is an excellent route runner in the mold of Emmanuel Sanders. Shakir is a fantastic pick in round 3. He won’t go round 2. 

David Bell wouldn’t have been available late 3 but with his slower 40 he may drop. 

Personally I like Gray. Reminds me of a raw Lee Evans. 

Kyle Philips….a slot wr.  Bleh.  Haven’t watched gray.  I will today, thanks.  

I’ll bet you $50 that Shakir doesn’t make it to our pick in rd 3. 

• Agree 1

Not a rumor, but I have to say... I usually have a pretty good feel for our direction by this time in the draft, I'm fairly flummoxed this year, which means Beane & co. have done a great job not tipping their hand (could also speak to the way the draft board breaks out...)

• We need a CB, but rarely draft directly for need, and everyone likely to be available at 25 has flaws. I find it somewhat interesting that Woolen isn't being connected to us at all (DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying I'd want him at 25). The Booth injury rumors are interesting as well, he's the 3rd best prospect in terms of makeup and tape, he feels like he should be our guy... is it possible we've successfully tanked his value with those rumors enough for him to fall to 25? The rumors certainly seem to suggest that...
  • We're being HEAVILY connected to Breece Hall, and could certainly use a RB upgrade. Is that smoke to throw other teams off our real intentions? Or is that confidence from us that there's really no competition in the top 24 picks for him?
  • WR is a weird position for us this year... It's not a massive need in the moment but could be quickly... Jameson Williams is the perfect fit for what we need but really unlikely to be reasonable for us to get to. London and Burks don't feel like great fits, unlikely Olave falls -- the one name that's not really been connected to us, despite having him in for a visit is Garrett Wilson, who seems like he'd probably be the second best fit behing JW... The Pickens rumors make me feel like they're being overblown by a team in the 2nd hoping he falls to them. Is that us? Beyond him, it doesn't feel likely that there will be a reasonable fit in the 2nd without moving up (there's a big gap after Watson and Skyy Moore and the next tier). With where we're drafting, assuming no movement around in the order, it kinda feels like we need to get our WR in the 1st or miss out on the top talent. 
  • Beane's comments about the board being done make me feel strongly that they're either VERY confident in getting the guy they want (makes me think Hall or Booth) OR prepared to go purely off value, which means all bets are off except for QB and Edge, potentially...

All that considered... I think I think the Hall stuff is smoke, ditto for the Elam stuff -- they're both just TOO strong, for what we usually have out there. I'll shoot my shot and say -- again, barring big moves up or down -- we're either selecting Booth or Wilson, but who the heck knows! 

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I want the younger player Serena Jones - I think he will be better overall - just don’t let Will Smith play the father or Mel Kiper might get face smacked at the draft.

Sorry - just trying to have a bit of fun to lighten this place up.  😂

Lol.  I’m not one to recheck my spell check…..as I’m sure everyone on this site can attest 🤣 

Just now, NewEra said:

Kyle Philips….a slot wr.  Bleh.  Haven’t watched gray.  I will today, thanks.  

I’ll bet you $50 that Shakir doesn’t make it to our pick in rd 3. 

so you chose to pick at 1 guy for being a slot, and due to your reading up on people believe that Shakir won’t be there. I didn’t say he would I said he’s not going in round 2. 

Gray is one of my favorite prospects at WR that is overlooked. He might not be there when the Bills pick but everything you read about him is 4th-5th which isn’t accurate. 

You think Alec Pierce might be there at our 3rd but Pierce is going round 2 but because everyone tells you round 3 based on what you read. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.