NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

8 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I’d say the more teams have to defend, the better off you are, see Jacksonville game 2021. 5 games, 2 opponents the Bills has no answer. When Titan QB1 looks all pro, that’s a problem

Who do you fear more - Henry or Tannehill?  

Of course Henry - so teams gear their defense to stop Henry and that does open up the field for Tannehill.

Who do teams fear more:

Mahomes or CEH

Allen or Hall/Singletary

Murry/James Conner

If they fear the QB more - they will play cover 2 shell and protect deep against better QBs.  That is the current NFL and you let the RB slowly move the ball and you rally to tackles.  It becomes a game of patience- who changes first and when you have elite QBs - they want to move the ball through the air - so it becomes when do they take that shot.

Hall would be a great pick and will help the team - his speed is nice and he is fluid in catching the ball.  It is just that it is no longer the 1970’s and 1980’s where defenses gear up to stop the run - opening up the passing game.  The NFL defenses look at ways to stop and counter you biggest weapon and if a second weapon ends up beating you - that is life.

The Bills 2 years ago showed that with CEH when he had his best day in the NFL - they looked to stop Mahomes and if KC stuck with CEH - we let them.  The Bills did the same thing versus NO and Kamara the year before.  They try to stop the run with the front 4 and rally beyond that.

The difficulty I have is do people expect Hall to have significantly more usage than Singletary because the reality is:

1) Singletary has a 4.8 YPC average on the Bills (mostly due to lighter boxes and multiple longer runs for TD) - in limited runs will Hall match that or like ~95% of backs be lower than that?

2) Will Josh throw more dump offs with Hall versus Singletary?  Singletary was open - along with WRs short all game long - Josh, Mahomes, Murray - they all look deeper to shorter and take shots.  We see guys open short all game against teams like Jacksonville last year, but they did not take what was given and I am not sure Hall changes that.  He is still the 4th or 5th option on a passing play.

I do think Hall can attack defensive edges better than Singletary with his speed, but as we saw with other speed backs - you need a line to open that up or the DEs/OLBs just force them to turn it in or bounce it further back and the plays do not consistently win in the NFL like college.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

All of this info makes me more hopeful that Jameson Williams will drop out of the top 10 and into a range where Beane would feel comfortable trading up for him. Atlanta is the wildcard, no one seems to have any clue what they're going to do and they have so many needs.

So just on the rumours in your post in general.... my sense has been for 3 weeks now that the Giants are going corner and tackle with their top 2 picks and will wait on edge rusher. My expectation is it will be corner at #5 and tackle at #7, because the NFL seems to have Sauce and Stingley as a tier on their own at corner so if only one of them is left on the board then risk of waiting to #7 to pick them is a team trades up with Carolina at #6.

Personally I see it Sauce at #4, Stingley at #5 and then Cross at #7. If the Panthers don't trade back they will take one of Neal or Ekwonu at #6.

On what Atlanta are going to do - if KT falls I'd be stunned if they pass on him. If he is gone the smart money is receiver. 

If Atlanta doesn't go receiver then the first one off the board will come at #10..... unless the Jets trade that to the 49ers for Deebo.... even then maybe the 49ers use #10 for a Deebo replacement? That feels like Garrett Wilson to me. 

EDIT: 1st overall will NOT be Hutch. They are down to Walker or Ekwonu. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, gobills404 said:

This thread is 10 pages long and there’s been like 5 actual rumors posted lol

Can't remember what podcast I was listening to, but they mentioned there is concern about his knee.  Some teams seemed to have flagged his knee has a chronic condition.

48 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Can't remember what podcast I was listening to, but they mentioned there is concern about his knee.  Some teams seemed to have flagged his knee has a chronic condition.

That is more plausible for a drop to me than the sports hernia or the idea that his tape isn't better than the two Washington guys and Elam. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Joe Marino said today that Andrew Booth has multiple medical red flags - not just the double hernia, he also has some kind of neck issue and some kind of knee issue. Neck issues in particular always concern me. I don't think Beane will risk it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Joe Marino said today that Andrew Booth has multiple medical red flags - not just the double hernia, he also has some kind of neck issue and some kind of knee issue. Neck issues in particular always concern me. I don't think Beane will risk it.

Elam apparently isn’t a willing tackler. McD will also not go for that. McDuffie has short arms…we historically do not draft short armed corners. Dax Hill apparently has some serious character concerns. The only corner I could see them targeting would be Gordon, and I don’t think they necessarily value CB2 as much as some fans. 

To me, the Hall rumors are legit. We’ve been trying to upgrade there for a while now. The rumors about Ettienne last year were confirmed by Chris Brown. The attempt at signing McKissic. Now they are heavily linked to the best RB in this years class. One that catches the ball very well. I like the idea and I hope it happens. To me, it moves the needle way more than CB2…a position they apparently don’t see as a premium one. 

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

To me, it moves the needle way more than CB2…a position they apparently don’t see as a premium one. 

I disagree strongly with that. A running back on this team moves the needle less than almost any other spot IMO. We are a pass first offense and hopefully remain so. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This guy says the Bills are secretly in love with Elam

He tweeted this yesterday:

I really hope this isnt true based on his inability to tackle. And it just reallllyyyy doesnt fit the type of DB's we value and have on our roster. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I really hope this isnt true based on his inability to tackle. And it just reallllyyyy doesnt fit the type of DB's we value and have on our roster. 

Maybe they want a different type of DB to complement the others? Just a thought.

all I know is, if they take him, McDermott has watched hundreds of hours of film on him and wants him on his defense, believing he is a significant upgrade to what he has behind Tre.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Certainly possible, but it is not like he is hurt now. Unless their medical department have flagged him as a chronic injury risk the Bills should take him IMO. If there is a player who will get to #25 and who could help us win the Superbowl in the next two years it is Andrew Booth. If he ends up as a 1 contract player, that is unfortunate, but if the Bills medical staff think there is a way to manage him then they should select him. 

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

one that cant tackle though?

McDermott would be making this call. Don’t forget he made a comment in his presser that he wished you could mash the corners together in terms of traits to make a perfect prospect. Basically they all have some flaw. If he picks him, he thinks he has traits he wants and areas he can develop. 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He said   "I believe the Bills are secretly in love with him"   it's his own opinion.....

His mock says “I do my best to connect the dots off things I’ve been able to gather” and he says he finished top 15 in his mock last year. No one knows what will happen but I’m guessing he believes something for a reason. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree strongly with that. A running back on this team moves the needle less than almost any other spot IMO. We are a pass first offense and hopefully remain so. 

You realize that hall is the best pass catching back in the draft right?  Running backs do more than just run the ball. 

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Certainly possible, but it is not like he is hurt now. Unless their medical department have flagged him as a chronic injury risk the Bills should take him IMO. If there is a player who will get to #25 and who could help us win the Superbowl in the next two years it is Andrew Booth. If he ends up as a 1 contract player, that is unfortunate, but if the Bills medical staff think there is a way to manage him then they should select him. 

Out of all the Bills top 30 visits that have been reported, Booth is the only one seen as a 1st round talent. I'm sure the medical evaluation is why they brought him in. Obviously if our medical staff cleared him it would be a slam dunk pick.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

how does a Breece Hall change the outcome of that Chiefs game? 

There was a 3 and out series where Singletary got the ball on 3rd down and got stopped short. Hall with his speed may have been able to turn the corner on that play and get the 1st down. I'm not Breece Hall or bust in the 1st but it's equally ridiculous to suggest a dynamic RB wouldn’t improve the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.