NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

7.  The genius title for Beane would have to be revisited- this would be an error in the overall plan of a continued successful team.

How dare you.  :)

He’s not a genius as Cody Ford and AJ Epenesa walking around OBD are constant reminders of that.  Better than most though.  Yes.

If we do take a RB in the first he better be a freaking all pro within his first few seasons or Beane will be getting a strongly worded letter from yours truly.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Good.  I’m against RB in the first anyways.

I like to think Beane is too smart to take a RB in the first round, but look at what this regime has done with picks like DT in the first...

So you never know.

Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I like to think Beane is too smart to take a RB in the first round, but look at what this regime has done with picks like DT in the first...

So you never know.

Fingers crossed.

He’s said in the past he’s not opposed to it and he saw the impact CMC had with the Panthers prior to coming here even though it was Gettleman who drafted him.

Luckily, I doubt they have a first round grade on a RB this draft as there isn’t a Barkley, CMC, or even an Etienne out there skill wise.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daniel Jeremiah sticking with Breece Hall in Final mock tonight on nfln 

In his mock, I would have taken Booth. But really aside from Booth, all the corners are gone including Elam and all the receivers are gone including Burks and Dotson and there are no quarterback reaches. If that’s the case I think I would ok with the Hall idea. I really don’t love it, but I much prefer it to a guard or reaching on the next tier of corners. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

In his mock, I would have taken Booth. But really aside from Booth, all the corners are gone including Elam and all the receivers are gone including Burks and Dotson and there are no quarterback reaches. If that’s the case I think I would ok with the Hall idea. I really don’t love it, but I much prefer it to a guard or reaching on the next tier of corners. 

You’ve gotta trade down then. If someone else takes Breece Hall ahead of you, who cares.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

You’ve gotta trade down then. If someone else takes Breece Hall ahead of you, who cares.

Agreed. That’s what should happen in that case! Or just take a guy like Ojabo who is a top 15 pick if he isn’t hurt and just redshirt him. RB round 1 feels like a waste. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So you never know.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah…that Ed Oliver sure stinks, huh?  

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I guess my point is it could be argued that it's a risky proposition for beanes reputation

This just in:  now that expectations have been raised, there's a VERY high likelihood (certainty) that a sizeable segment of TSW posters will question any move Beane makes that doesn't deliver a Lombardi in the next 2-3 years.   

Draft choices, free agent signings and exits, contract structures, etc.    He's on the clock, no matter what he does.   

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

McD and Beane are in lock step…. So if Beane drafts Hall you can bet McD had a ton of influence on the pick and I don’t doubt McDermott WANTS to run it more which is head scratching considering the QB they have…. Drafting Hall will only strengthen that opinion.

A hypothetical that you made up is head scratching huh?

Or you could look at as we have another threat on offense?  

47 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed. That’s what should happen in that case! Or just take a guy like Ojabo who is a top 15 pick if he isn’t hurt and just redshirt him. RB round 1 feels like a waste. 

Yep.

There are RB's who could go late in the draft and be as good or better than Hall.

Taking Hall early actually puts you in position to miss good value at RB later.........and it's a deep draft of RB's.

Get the traits at premium positions while they are there.

Breece Hall reminds me so much of Antowain Smith.........a near perfect score RAS superstar..........who didn't really pan out by the expectations of the day.

The Bills badly needed a DE for their 3-4 and Trevor Pryce was commonly mocked to the Bills as the solution.

Bills chose to go Antowain Smith first instead of Pryce........thinking they could get better value at both positions if they went RB in 1 and DE in round 2.......where they took Marcellus Wiley.

They got decent players........but Pryce ended up with almost 100 career sacks. :lol:

Lesser RAS RB's that went in round 2 were Tiki Barber and Corey Dillon.........who combined for around 25,000 rushing yards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ya his mock was pretty brutal for how it falls to the bills. If beane isn't in love with booth or Hall, I see the bills trying to trade back in that situation, not much left. If the trade back isn't rich enough, me personally if the draft falls that way, I wouldn't mind betting on the freak gifts of Christian Watson at #25 and letting him learn from Diggs. Kind of a reach for some people but the gifts are undeniable.

• Agree 1

Personally, I think the "never, ever take a running back in the first round" thing has become ridiculously overblown. I get it: positional value, short shelf life, blah blah blah. But people saying they'd rather reach for a corner just because it's a need, or who would rather take WR6 or CB5 instead of RB1, even if RB1 is rated higher on the draft board, just because spreadsheet Twitter says so...it's gotten out of hand.

RB is not my preferred choice at 25, but if Beanie feels like adding a dynamic running back will help the team more than reaching to fill a need at corner or WR, I'm not gonna throw my TV out the window.

I watched our running game for the majority of last year. I watched Allen be our red zone running back for four years straight. Having a legit running back for six years (fifth year option plus franchise tag) to balance our offense and reduce the amount of hits our QB takes won't be the worst thing, even if it makes the analytics twerps scream and cry.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

“I watched our running game for the majority of last year. ”

We all watched the running game for the entire year, so…

Methinks there’s a salty little tidbit of a word (or two?) missing from somewhere in this sentence?? You thought it, but you didn’t type it??

Underwhelm? Disappoint?  Stink?  Suck?  Fail?…

Edited by Rhode Island Red

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Personally, I think the "never, ever take a running back in the first round" thing has become ridiculously overblown. I get it: positional value, short shelf life, blah blah blah. But people saying they'd rather reach for a corner just because it's a need, or who would rather take WR6 or CB5 instead of RB1, even if RB1 is rated higher on the draft board, just because spreadsheet Twitter says so...it's gotten out of hand.

RB is not my preferred choice at 25, but if Beanie feels like adding a dynamic running back will help the team more than reaching to fill a need at corner or WR, I'm not gonna throw my TV out the window.

I watched our running game for the majority of last year. I watched Allen be our red zone running back for four years straight. Having a legit running back for six years (fifth year option plus franchise tag) to balance our offense and reduce the amount of hits our QB takes won't be the worst thing, even if it makes the analytics twerps scream and cry.

Yeah I don't think the Breece Hall rumor will end up being true, but like any other pick the Bills could make I will wait to see how the player looks on the field before making a final judgment. The one caveat with RB is the player HAS to be a difference maker from day one. Gregory Rousseau you accept some development time. Breece Hall needs to contribute immediately. If we get 5 years of dynamic playmaking ability from our RB in the middle of our Super Bowl window that is not a waste of a pick, even if he doesn't get a 2nd contract. Maybe not the ideal scenario but there are much worse ways to spend a 1st rounder. But the scrutiny is a lot higher if Breece Hall is the pick. You can't swing and miss at RB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.