NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I find it so odd that fans are basically saying draft any wr in the 1st round.

I do love Dotson, I won’t lie. But it basically started with Jameson Williams which I get. He’s a top 10 talent that looked like a possibility at 25, just not likely anymore. 

I’m all for adding talent, rounds 2-3 will have good WR talent. But I don’t get the push for a WR round 1 when Diggs and Davis are locked in for 2 years. 

Our other options at the time factor greatly into how I’d feel about the Bills selecting Hall.  I don’t want to reach for a need, but if an excellent prospect at a premium position is there, then that’s how I’m going. 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

so you chose to pick at 1 guy for being a slot, and due to your reading up on people believe that Shakir won’t be there. I didn’t say he would I said he’s not going in round 2. 

Gray is one of my favorite prospects at WR that is overlooked. He might not be there when the Bills pick but everything you read about him is 4th-5th which isn’t accurate. 

You think Alec Pierce might be there at our 3rd but Pierce is going round 2 but because everyone tells you round 3 based on what you read. 

I’m talking about players that we can get with our pick in rd 3.   I don’t consider him attainable with our pick in rd 3.  

No I don’t think Pierce will be there in rd 3.  I think he MIGHT be there for us in rd 2.  Def not 3.  

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m talking about players that we can get with our pick in rd 3.   I don’t consider him attainable with our pick in rd 3.  

No I don’t think Pierce will be there in rd 3.  I think he MIGHT be there for us in rd 2.  Def not 3.  

I just told you 3 really good players that could Kyle Phillips, Danny Gray, and David Bell. 3 guys you didn’t even mention in your initial convo with me. Okay so you hate Phillips, Calvin Austin etc because he’s a slot. Ok go look up Gray and Bell and tell me what you think. Both are outside guys. One a burner, the other a possession guy. Romeo Doubs(not a fan but a guy projected in the area), Bo Melton who is rising after the combine and had bad QB play his whole career

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I just told you 3 really good players that could Kyle Phillips, Danny Gray, and David Bell. 3 guys you didn’t even mention in your initial convo with me. Okay so you hate Phillips, Calvin Austin etc because he’s a slot. Ok go look up Gray and Bell and tell me what you think. Both are outside guys. One a burner, the other a possession guy. Romeo Doubs(not a fan but a guy projected in the area), Bo Melton who is rising after the combine and had bad QB play his whole career

i didn't mention phillips because i don't want a slot.  i didn't mention gray because i haven't watched him.  i didn't mention bell because he's too slow for my taste and he's not on my board at all.

i don't hate Austin and i never said he was a slot. i think austin can play outside.  I think his release package is sufficient.  i don't think he'll be available for us in rd 3.  same with robinson. my problem with them is size.  we have one rotational WR over 6 foot.  i don't consider Kumerow in the rotation and Hodgins is a lot imo.  we have 3 slot wrs atm. i hope we land a guy that can play outside if diggs or gabe get hurt

I do like Doubs, but more rd 4-5

Bo Melton is slot only imo.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It's one thing to list "really good players" (debatable), it's another thing to identify a player that would fit what we're needing at WR... We already have 3 intermediate/separation types, so Phillips and Bell don't seem to make a ton of sense, at some point you can only have so many players running routes in the short/intermediate area. Gray is interesting, but to me, there's a sizeable gap in talent between him and the guys in the first 2 rounds. 

I honestly think he, Doubs, Melton have had their stock inflated because there's so many good WRs at the top -- that gap in talent is pulling their stocks up. The guys I'd want if we're taking at WR in the 3rd would be Tolbert and Ross.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I saw somewhere that we met with Rachaad White like 4 times and we could be looking at him in the middle rounds. He is a big dude. Runs 4.48, can catch and run it and has got pro coaching with Herm Edwards, Brian Billick, and Marvin Lewis. 

Having met Marvin Lewis in person... that may not be a good thing :D

In all seriousness, I think people are overestimating the quality of play in the Pac12 over the past few years. It's one of the reasons I'm so down on the UW corners, and White didn't exactly tear up the conference to begin with... 

Am I the only one that puts absolutely zero stock in these medicals smoke screens? 

What I mean is, it’s all fabricated for the media and for us. Each club has their own medical evaluations on every player. If the Bills are scared off of Booth it’s because of their own medical reports, not some media rumour. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

It's one thing to list "really good players" (debatable), it's another thing to identify a player that would fit what we're needing at WR... We already have 3 intermediate/separation types, so Phillips and Bell don't seem to make a ton of sense, at some point you can only have so many players running routes in the short/intermediate area. Gray is interesting, but to me, there's a sizeable gap in talent between him and the guys in the first 2 rounds. 

I honestly think he, Doubs, Melton have had their stock inflated because there's so many good WRs at the top -- that gap in talent is pulling their stocks up. The guys I'd want if we're taking at WR in the 3rd would be Tolbert and Ross.

So what are we looking for in your opinion? Your looking for a burner would be my guess. Someone to take the top off of a defense. This is why everyone loves Jameson Williams. Well we have maybe a 5% shot at Williams.  If that's the case we can eliminate other guys who ran slower. Pickens doesn't fit then either with his 4.47 which is too "slow". Take Treylon Burks off the board with his 4.55. Danny Gray ran a 4.33 is that fast enough for people, Bo Melton ran a 4.34. People just want big name guys that they think are going to be legit # 1s. At best for the next couple of years, the WR we draft will be a # 3 guy. If we get a guy in the first round that's fine I understand, more weapons for Allen. I'm sayin there are other options in round 2 or round 3. A couple of years ago no one was talking about Gabriel Davis. He was thought of as ho hum whatever pick in another very deep draft where we traded it for Diggs.

There are tons of guys who are successful is rounds 3 and 4 and later that become big time WR's. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So what are we looking for in your opinion? Your looking for a burner would be my guess. Someone to take the top off of a defense. This is why everyone loves Jameson Williams. Well we have maybe a 5% shot at Williams.  If that's the case we can eliminate other guys who ran slower. Pickens doesn't fit then either with his 4.47 which is too "slow". Take Treylon Burks off the board with his 4.55. Danny Gray ran a 4.33 is that fast enough for people, Bo Melton ran a 4.34. People just want big name guys that they think are going to be legit # 1s. At best for the next couple of years, the WR we draft will be a # 3 guy. If we get a guy in the first round that's fine I understand, more weapons for Allen. I'm sayin there are other options in round 2 or round 3. A couple of years ago no one was talking about Gabriel Davis. He was thought of as ho hum whatever pick in another very deep draft where we traded it for Diggs.

There are tons of guys who are successful is rounds 3 and 4 and later that become big time WR's. 

If we don't (or can't) take Christian Watson at 25, I'd love Gray or Thornton from Baylor at 89 (or even 57).  Both have the speed and RAC ability we're looking for.  It would be nice to find someone with some return ability as well. Not sure if any of these guys can do that, although Watson did return kickoffs at NDSU...

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Adding a vertical element to the offense is certainly one approach, and yes, Jameson Williams fits that absolutely perfectly. There's also more of the alpha/bully/big-bodied WR, and I think Pickens fits that mold (to say nothing of his 4.47 being both not slow and ESPECIALLY not slow coming off a major injury). There's the YAC/get-the-ball-in-his-hands and let him make plays mold, that I think Wilson and Burks fit... There's a lot of routes you can go.

I don't say this to be dismissive of your points at all, but there's SOOO much more to it than the 40 time and there are reasons why Danny Gray and Bo Melton are being projected as 3rd and 4th round picks and why other guys are looking at going in the top half of the first. You act like wanting a "big name" is a bad thing -- I want those guys because they're fantastic football players. You're right that people slept on Davis, but he's also worked his butt off to become what looks like a mid-level WR2, and yes, with Diggs in tow, the rookie will probably be, at best WR2b, but that doesn't mean you can discount how they fit in or how you would want to use them. 

The 2nd and 3rd round options you like are fine, I guess, I just don't think any of them are special and we're in a window where we should be looking for special. I think in that range, guys like Justyn Ross and Tolbert at least have a chance to be special (or dynamic in a way we don't already have).

2 hours ago, TOboy said:

Am I the only one that puts absolutely zero stock in these medicals smoke screens? 

What I mean is, it’s all fabricated for the media and for us. Each club has their own medical evaluations on every player. If the Bills are scared off of Booth it’s because of their own medical reports, not some media rumour. 

I actually think the medical info coming out is major.  I don't think they are really smoke screens, and more of just info leaking out.

Every year guys fall and it ends up there are medical issues.  Happens all the time.

47 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Adding a vertical element to the offense is certainly one approach, and yes, Jameson Williams fits that absolutely perfectly. There's also more of the alpha/bully/big-bodied WR, and I think Pickens fits that mold (to say nothing of his 4.47 being both not slow and ESPECIALLY not slow coming off a major injury). There's the YAC/get-the-ball-in-his-hands and let him make plays mold, that I think Wilson and Burks fit... There's a lot of routes you can go.

I don't say this to be dismissive of your points at all, but there's SOOO much more to it than the 40 time and there are reasons why Danny Gray and Bo Melton are being projected as 3rd and 4th round picks and why other guys are looking at going in the top half of the first. You act like wanting a "big name" is a bad thing -- I want those guys because they're fantastic football players. You're right that people slept on Davis, but he's also worked his butt off to become what looks like a mid-level WR2, and yes, with Diggs in tow, the rookie will probably be, at best WR2b, but that doesn't mean you can discount how they fit in or how you would want to use them. 

The 2nd and 3rd round options you like are fine, I guess, I just don't think any of them are special and we're in a window where we should be looking for special. I think in that range, guys like Justyn Ross and Tolbert at least have a chance to be special (or dynamic in a way we don't already have).

You do realize that Justyn Ross had a spinal injury, almost quit football, and is still a huge injury risk. I will be very surprised with his lengthy medical issues if he goes anywhere close to the 3rd round and even scratches that potential. George pickens is 6'3 195 and he is considered an alpha bully, Treylon Burks is 6'2 225 and is considered an alpha  but Gabriel Davis at 6'2 210 and has proven in the NFL he can get vertical despite being a 4.55 guy isn't a big bodied WR in your opinion. Remember you said too many of those guys are redundant. Were not getting Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson unless we trade up and give up a 1st next year. I just don't think that happens. You can wish all you'd like to get that guy but the best your gonna end up with if they decide to go that route in round 1 without a trade up is Treylon Burks or Jahan Dotson. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I actually think the medical info coming out is major.  I don't think they are really smoke screens, and more of just info leaking out.

Every year guys fall and it ends up there are medical issues.  Happens all the time.

For sure. But they aren’t smoke screens to get other teams to back away. 

Every team thoroughly reviews the medicals and makes their own assessment. I’m just saying teams aren’t influenced by these reports in any way. Only impacts the mock drafter’s. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.