NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills have been linked to the top RBs for 3 straight seasons. This is the 1st year they will have a chance to draft the top RB. We’ll find out how they view the RB position this draft.

In 2020 they were looking at WR in round 1 and just decided to trade the pick for Diggs, then had the chance to draft Dobbins in the second round and took Epenesa. They even looked into trading up for Zack Moss in the third, I think Moss was their guy all along. Maybe they were interested in Etienne last year but I expect they had Rousseau ranked over him too. So I don’t know how serious they are about RB early, my guess is they go CB and this is all a smokescreen for Breece Hall, but yes we’ll see tomorrow! 

42 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You realize that hall is the best pass catching back in the draft right?  Running backs do more than just run the ball. 

But a good 1st round WR impacts the offense more than a RB will. Bills O with Allen at the helm is doing itself a disservice by trying to be run-centric. And hence, I don't think they will investing lot of assets (1st round) into that position. Every year there is some RB that gets hyped ahead of the draft but runners picked so high just haven't made a meaningful impact to any team's performance. 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, CapeBreton said:

In 2020 they were looking at WR in round 1 and just decided to trade the pick for Diggs, then had the chance to draft Dobbins in the second round and took Epenesa. They even looked into trading up for Zack Moss in the third, I think Moss was their guy all along. Maybe they were interested in Etienne last year but I expect they had Rousseau ranked over him too. So I don’t know how serious they are about RB early, my guess is they go CB and this is all a smokescreen for Breece Hall, but yes we’ll see tomorrow! 

A lot of mocks had Jonathan Taylor to Buffalo in the 2nd.

We’ve yet to see the Bills pass on the top RBs in the draft the last 2 years, they’ve all gone before their pick. This year I highly doubt Hall gets drafted before 25.

50 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You realize that hall is the best pass catching back in the draft right?  Running backs do more than just run the ball. 

I would say Cook is. Hall is the best 3 down RB prospect. Cook more of a 3rd down RB to start his career.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But a good 1st round WR impacts the offense more than a RB will. Bills O with Allen at the helm is doing itself a disservice by trying to be run-centric. And hence, I don't think they will investing lot of assets (1st round) into that position. Every year there is some RB that gets hyped ahead of the draft but runners picked so high just haven't made a meaningful impact to any team's performance. 

Once again…I mean I can’t spell it out any more clearly…Hall is the best pass catching running back in the draft. He can affect the offense in more ways than just running the ball. Good grief. 

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Once again…I mean I can’t spell it out any more clearly…Hall is the best pass catching running back in the draft. He can affect the offense in more ways than just running the ball. Good grief. 

Cook is the best receiving RB in the draft. The guy runs routes like a WR. Could be a Eckler type early in his career. I’m not sure if he’ll develop into an every down RB like Eckler but he can run some routes like a WR.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can get James Cook in the 3rd who is a better pass catching back than Breece Hall. Cook lines up everywhere . Might not be as good a runner as Hall but why invest a 1st rounder if we can find our pass catching back who’s better at it in round 3. No one is loading the box on the Bills as long as Allen is here. But your in love and there will be no changing of opinions. I’m not even against the idea of Hall just throwing out other options

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A lot of mocks had Jonathan Taylor to Buffalo in the 2nd.

We’ve yet to see the Bills pass on the top RBs in the draft the last 2 years, they’ve all gone before their pick. This year I highly doubt Hall gets drafted before 25.

I would say Cook is. Hall is the best 3 down RB prospect. Cook more of a 3rd down RB to start his career.

They did pass on JK Dobbins for AJ Epenesa 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cook is the best receiving RB in the draft. The guy runs routes like a WR. Could be a Eckler type early in his career. I’m not sure if he’ll develop into an every down RB like Eckler but he can run some routes like a WR.

Yep, and if you factor in the new going price for top WR, it makes much more sense to invest 1st rd at that position to get five years of controlled cost. I'll repeat myself one more time: I think if you are Beane, assume late first next year is what you are dealing if you trade the 2023 pick. The top of the draft may allow for slightly less pay out to move up, because it appears to be a buyer's market since there are no marquee qbs. I just read the Giants may have cap problems fitting in two early round firsts per what salary is slotted for those picks. Beane and Schoen, one presumes, have a very good relationship. Get ahead of KC and GB, and all those clever folk on TV that just can't wait to "it's just not fair, but wouldn't it be great?" see Jameson Williams helping out Mahomes. The next Tyreek Hill needs to be in red, white, and blue.

27 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

They were serious on Etienne. I can believe that Rousseau was ahead of him, but Chris Brown admitted he was aware of serious interest in Etienne, Etienne himself said he thought he was going to be a Bill, and Beane in his press conference last week admitted they had been high on 1st round running backs before but that it hadn't worked out to take him - which I think was a tacit admission on Etienne. 

Just now, CNYfan said:

I like Cooks also, but I don't see him worth the second and don't see him lasting until our third.  

I think he will probably be around in the third. If you are picking rb at 57, it's probably Kenneth Walker who doesn't have a track record as receiver, but that doesn't mean he can't do it and he's the best runner in the draft, imo. (And I am an UGA fan and very much like Cook; would be happy if we get him.)

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yep, and if you factor in the new going price for top WR, it makes much more sense to invest 1st rd at that position to get five years of controlled cost. I'll repeat myself one more time: I think if you are Beane, assume late first next year is what you are dealing if you trade the 2023 pick. The top of the draft may allow for slightly less pay out to move up, because it appears to be a buyer's market since there are no marquee qbs. I just read the Giants may have cap problems fitting in two early round firsts per what salary is slotted for those picks. Beane and Schoen, one presumes, have a very good relationship. Get ahead of KC and GB, and all those clever folk on TV that just can't wait to "it's just not fair, but wouldn't it be great?" see Jameson Williams helping out Mahomes. The next Tyreek Hill needs to be in red, white, and blue.

Depends which WR is there. We basically have 2 drafts to add to the wr room. The WR position is growing deeper every draft. We can add WRs capable of playing immediately in any draft.

I think DB is the position they need to add talent. S and CB. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I am not debating Hall's abilities. The point of discussion should be - where is our 1st rounder best spent? And this is not just for the upcoming season. Imo, the pick should be going towards BPA at a premium position. Else you are not getting long term value from that pick.

To illustrate the point, picking Fournette over Mahomes and Barkley over Allen is how teams wallow in mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am not debating Hall's abilities. The point of discussion should be - where is our 1st rounder best spent? And this is not just for the upcoming season. Imo, the pick should be going towards BPA at a premium position. Else you are not getting long term value from that pick.

To illustrate the point, picking Fournette over Mahomes and Barkley over Allen is how teams wallow in mediocrity. 

Conversely, when you pair a Fournette with a Brady, you can win a Super Bowl (not taking sides in this debate, though).

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They were serious on Etienne. I can believe that Rousseau was ahead of him, but Chris Brown admitted he was aware of serious interest in Etienne, Etienne himself said he thought he was going to be a Bill, and Beane in his press conference last week admitted they had been high on 1st round running backs before but that it hadn't worked out to take him - which I think was a tacit admission on Etienne. 

And Najee 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Considering the regime change, the routine nature of ACL recoveries and the fact Jax already has an RB1...........it speaks volumes that there have been no trade rumors about Etienne.

Nothing depreciates faster when you drive it off the lot than a RB.

I find it so odd that fans are basically saying draft any wr in the 1st round.

I do love Dotson, I won’t lie. But it basically started with Jameson Williams which I get. He’s a top 10 talent that looked like a possibility at 25, just not likely anymore. 

I’m all for adding talent, rounds 2-3 will have good WR talent. But I don’t get the push for a WR round 1 when Diggs and Davis are locked in for 2 years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.