NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine where we force teams to put 8 in the box at times. I can’t recall many times where teams ever had 8 in the box vs Singletary. Imagine what Allen would do to defenses with a legitimately feared RB. If we had Derick Henry, nobody could stop us. We would likely have an undefeated season. 

LOL.

Elite franchise QB’s do not face 8 men boxes very often.  You don’t plan to stop the run opening up the passing game unless you’re playing a bad QB.

The Colts with Manning, James, Clark, Harrison and Wayne produced one Super Bowl.  Everyone can be stopped.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

Elite franchise QB’s do not face 8 men boxes very often.  You don’t plan to stop the run opening up the passing game unless you’re playing a bad QB.

The Colts with Manning, James, Clark, Harrison and Wayne produced one Super Bowl.  Everyone can be stopped.

There has only been a few elite QB, elite RB combo in the history of the NFL. If we had Derick Henry on our team today, we would go undefeated. Guarantee it. Because teams would be forced to put 8 in the box even against an elite QB, and if they don’t, we just anaconda people to death. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

On 4/25/2022 at 10:10 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

Absolutely, horrendous draft IMO. No good QBs and no elite talent anywhere. What a year to have a top 5 pick. What a year to be Detroit. You need a QB and it would be a massive reach to draft one high in this draft. Should make for an entertaining Thursday night though. No way to predict how this one is going to fall. 

It's not really a horrendous draft.

There are fewer than usual 1st round caliber players but the draft overall is considered quite deep.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:49 PM, section122 said:

These aren't rumors just some crazy things I have thought could happen that I want to get on paper lol.

Giants will trade down a couple times from that 7 pick.  Maybe 7 to 20 so Pitt can grab Willis and then 20 to 25 so Buffalo can get their guy.

Conversely, If a QB NYG likes slides (Willis maybe) I could see Bradberry or Toney and their 2nd getting packaged for 25.

I don't see a scenario where the Giants draft a QB. We'll see soon enough.

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

If the Bills select Hall, it’s because they believe he’s capable of catching a 5 yard pass and turning it into a 60 yard TD. They don’t currently have that player on the roster and Beane referenced needing that sort of talent. You can draft it at WR and add it to that group, but personally I’d rather have it at RB. He doesn’t have to carry it 25+ times a game.

Monster plays like that are such a rare occurrence for any RB though. JT was the only back with more than 2 carries of 40+ yards with 5, which still made up a measly 1.5% of his total attempts.  And not a single back had more than 2 catch and runs of 40+ yards. Putting a high value on being a “home run hitter” is majoring in something minor.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And if you are grading production on a curve a late round option like Chandler who put up 6 ypa and 14 ypr in 2021 is a good example of a guy who excelled in a much better defensive conference.

It's common sense not to draft a RB in round 1..........there are a mountain of reasons why and tons of supporting evidence.    Bills haven't passed on one that went in round 1 in over 30 years and lived to regret it.    The only regrets are the one's they did take.

But a lot of folks actually think Singletary was a bad pick and desperately needs to be replaced..............and in reality he has produced above what you can expect from pick #72.......or may get from #25.   

And pick #72 is worth about 220 points of value in trade.  

Pick #25 is worth 720.

How much better than Singletary would a first round RB have to be to justify such a waste of value while also relegating Singletary to the bench?

Not sure it matters WHERE Singletary was picked. IMO we were a Najee Harris away from winning a super Bowl last year. Singletary is just not good enough to be counted on to run out the clock or make key first downs consistantly. We can't have to continue needing  Josh be our RB to close the games out, 

Edited by Garrett Williams
typing error
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Garrett Williams said:

Not sure it matters WHERE Singletary was picked. IMO we were a Najee Harris away from winning a super Bowl last year. Singletary is just not good enough to be counted on to run out the clock or make key first downs consistantly. We can't have continue to need  Josh be our RB to close the games out, 

Najee Harris averaged almost a full yard per carry less than Devin Singletary last year.

He posted a 3.9 ypc in a league where the AVERAGE rush goes for 4.2.  

Najee is fun to watch not play well or make a difference though.    The jumping, etc..

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Monster plays like that are such a rare occurrence for any RB though. JT was the only back with more than 2 carries of 40+ yards with 5, which still made up a measly 1.5% of his total attempts.  And not a single back had more than 2 catch and runs of 40+ yards. Putting a high value on being a “home run hitter” is majoring in something minor.

Not arguing that plays over 40 yards happen frequently, but when a player has that skill set and needs to be accounted for, it absolutely forces a defense to play an offense differently. It’s why Beane wants that sort of player in his offense, the threat to take it the distance opens up other opportunities. By the way, I’m not advocating for RB in the first round, the gist of my posts is “if Beane wants this type of player in the offense, I’d rather he found it at the RB position than WR.” If Hall can be that guy, get him. It’s not a luxury.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Garrett Williams said:

Not sure it matters WHERE Singletary was picked. IMO we were a Najee Harris away from winning a super Bowl last year. Singletary is just not good enough to be counted on to run out the clock or make key first downs consistantly. We can't have to continue needing  Josh be our RB to close the games out, 

Singletary is a solid RB2...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

"Draft is stronger outside the 1st round" Really? I don't think this is accurate by the very nature of the drafting process. 

onlupysbout 20 players have 1st round grades. Why use a 1st on a 2nd round caliber pkayer.

58 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There has only been a few elite QB, elite RB combo in the history of the NFL. If we had Derick Henry on our team today, we would go undefeated. Guarantee it. Because teams would be forced to put 8 in the box even against an elite QB, and if they don’t, we just anaconda people to death. 

Yikes 

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t recall, did the Bills put 8 in the box when we played the Titans the last two years?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

When they face 6 man boxes they have to take advantage.  Forcing teams out of 2 high will open up more for Allen.  Im not wanting for Buffalo to be balanced.  I would like them to be more opportunistic when running.  Having the ability to run was the difference in both the Atlanta game and Jacksonville game.  The running game put the Atl game out of reach.  Not having that same element allowed Jacksonville to win the game.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bears want more picks.

Teams are calling about Robert Quinn per Ian R.  

18.5 sacks last year.

Age 31 with a 12.5 mil hit: deal could be restructured

how about a 4th and a 6th for Quinn?

two elite Edge rushers. Rousseau and Basham can learn and be in rotation.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I think Motor is a fully capable runner. He’ll never instill fear into the defense, but that’s okay. My post was in regards to what Beane covets - an offensive player who can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into a 60 yard TD. He said we don’t have that player on our roster and I said if he were added, I’d prefer it was to the RB room rather than at the glut of receivers. Hall could potentially not only take a 5 yard pass to the house, but also a run where Motor gets 15. TDs and explosive plays are not luxuries.

I don't see what you see in Hall. I don't think his game transfers into an elite home run hitter as you seem to portray. They passed on Dobbins who looks to be one of those types. So much for the Beane philosophy. To boot he drafts Moss who is anything but a home run hitter. Beane's words aren't backing up his actions at least when it comes to picking RB. Frankly, the Bills haven't been stellar at drafting that position  Hall is projected at beat to go last 1st or 2nd round. There are many question marks on what type of pro he will be. 

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't see what you see in Hall. I don't think his game transfers into an elite home run hitter as you seem to portray. They passed on Dobbins who looks to be one of those types. So much for the Beane philosophy. To boot he drafts Moss who is anything but a home run hitter. Beane's words aren't backing up his actions at least when it comes to picking RB. Frankly, the Bills haven't been stellar at drafting that position  Hall is projected at beat to go last 1st or 2nd round. There are many question marks on what type of pro he will be. 

Beane’s comments on what he would draft in a RD1 RB described Breece Hall. 

He has home run speed, but isn’t a blur.. You don’t run a 4.39 and have people worry if you can house it or get the corner.   

Id admit he doesn’t look like a 4.39 guy on tape, but I think his body type could have something to do with that at 6’1. 

What he shows on tape is a decisive cutback ability and elite receiving traits.  

Wheel routes, dump offs, slot.. he can do that all at a high level. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Because if there's only 20 players with 1st Rd grades and you pick at 25....you have to pick someone? Do you forfeit your pick? People say to move back, but it takes two to tango

Beane was saying today in that One Bills Drive interview that if you have 18 players with first round grades that it’s very likely at least one of these will be available at Pick 25…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.