NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

19 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

we talking arm length or weight here?

Probably a combination of both

he doesn't have bad length but it's about average and he's a little slight for a center 

So he doesn't really have position versatility.. he would need more mass or length for a guard 

The lack of flexibility will push him down the board a little bit probably 

He still grades out as a good starting center.. but he's had some problems moving some zero and one techs in college.. some bigger plugs will give him some fits 

All of that I can see sliding him to the second round where a lot of good interior lineman go 

If he was 310 no doubt he's top 30

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jameson Williams AND Breece Hall

BIG BALLER BEANE

No defense fears Devin Singletary.

They will fear Breece Hall.

He is a Dynamic RB who can be a weapon in the passing game.

that element to this offense puts every defense in a lose lose scenario on how to defend us….

Why would they fear him?  Most teams would prefer we run as they fear Josh Allen.

If he becomes top 5 in the league - he is basically matching what Singletary does.  

Overall our rushing is hurt because he will not average what Josh gets and those are the carries Hall would get.

The only way it changes how defenses approach us is if we take a significant number of plays out of Josh’s hands and become a more run focused team.  Otherwise Hall is just CEH in KC - no one cares if he runs the ball - you stayed deep because Hill and Kelce are what will beat you.

Edited by Rochesterfan

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Generally speaking, I don't disagree.  However, the Bills are in a great position to make a super bowl run. Thus, they are in a win it all mode. All those picks in the lower rounds aren't likely to contribute to the win it all theme. Maybe, I'm wrong thinking that? I'd much rather have them trade up in rounds 1 to 3.  Personally, I'd love to see Sauce or Stingly in a Bills uniform. Unfortunately, I think the price is just too much. 

That's fair. 

No, you're not wrong.  :)

The chances a player will be successful in the NFL go up, the closer you get to day 1.  I'm sure there have been some analyses of this.  Personally I'm thinking that the Bills might try to trade up in round TWO, and/or THREE this year, but not ONE, unless a player they have graded as a top 15 slips to 20 or so, and is a "must have, at the expense of giving up a valuable 3rd rounder for example.

• Agree 1

The thing to remember with all draft rumours is that nobody knows. Even GMs with their myriad of contacts don't know who each of their 31 counterparts will take. A lot of it is speaking to 4 or 5 teams and having a decent feel for them and then putting 2 and 2 together. Sometimes on draft day those rumours turn out to be accurate. It was about this time in 2018 that it really started to become apparent that Baker Mayfield was going to go #1 for example. But equally other years the 2 and 2 ends up equalling 5. 

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

That’s exactly my point… CEH was a complete waste of a first round pick… you’d think the Bills would see that from the team that’s bounced them twice from the playoffs the last two years. 

I think if they do take an offensive player in the first, McD will be yanking Beanes chain for Hall or an offensive linemen if one of the good ones drops…. Def not for a WR. JMO.

It’s so freaking lazy to just reference CEH anytime a first round runner comes up. He’s just not very good. It was a miss. It that pick was a solid hit their offense would be that much more dynamic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s so freaking lazy to just reference CEH anytime a first round runner comes up. He’s just not very good. It was a miss. It that pick was a solid hit their offense would be that much more dynamic. 

Thank ***** they didn't draft JT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Thank ***** they didn't draft JT. 

I was gonna reference him but I can’t remember how realistic of an option he was for the first round at the time. I think he went in the 40’s…. But ya. That’s sorta my point. Again, referencing CEH is just lazy. I can mention a miss for any position. That’s not hard. They had a ready made roster and wanted a cherry on top of the offense. IMO the philosophically the logic was sound. They just missed on the player. 

Now a team like Pitt with holes all over their roster taking one in the 20’s last year?… that was foolish IMO. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I was gonna reference him but I can’t remember how realistic of an option he was for the first round at the time. I think he went in the 40’s…. But ya. That’s sorta my point. Again, referencing CEH is just lazy. I can mention a miss for any position. That’s not hard. They had a ready made roster and wanted a cherry on top of the offense. IMO the philosophically the logic was sound. They just missed on the player. 

Now a team like Pitt with holes all over their roster taking one in the 20’s last year?… that was foolish IMO. 

So I still disagree on the philosophy, but I take the point totally that just pointing at individual players who bust doesn't prove or disprove the point at all. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I still disagree on the philosophy, but I take the point totally that just pointing at individual players who bust doesn't prove or disprove the point at all. 

Fair enough. I see absolutely no issue with taking a player that can add explosive elements to your offense, regardless of position, once a roster has been filled out like this one has. 

Does anyone think the Giants and Daboll take a QB with one of their first rounders?  I mean, there’s no way they pick up Jones’s fifth year option next week, right? Or do they try to move back and pick up another 2023 first rounder? Personally, I think it’s unlikely, but not impossible, that they take one this year…

Edited by mannc

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Does anyone think the Giants and Daboll take a QB with one of their first rounders?  I mean, there’s no way they pick up Jones’s fifth year option next week, right? Or do they try to move back and pick up another 2023 first rounder? Personally, I think it’s unlikely, but not impossible, that they take one this year…

I am surprised they haven't looked into getting Mayfield. He may not have lived up to his #1 pick status but he is better then Jones. We all saw how Daboll helped Allen. Whose to say he can't help Baker.

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Fair enough. I see absolutely no issue with taking a player that can add explosive elements to your offense, regardless of position, once a roster has been filled out like this one has. 

But the way contracts and the cap work means your roster is never "filled out" for long. So I'd rather take a premium position guy that I might not "start" in 2022 but that will be down the line rather than take the "luxury pick" at running back.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Generally speaking, I don't disagree.  However, the Bills are in a great position to make a super bowl run. Thus, they are in a win it all mode. All those picks in the lower rounds aren't likely to contribute to the win it all theme. Maybe, I'm wrong thinking that? I'd much rather have them trade up in rounds 1 to 3.  Personally, I'd love to see Sauce or Stingly in a Bills uniform. Unfortunately, I think the price is just too much. 

That's fair. 

Where would this team be without Matt Milano and Taron Johnson on defense? What about Siran Neal or Bass on ST? All of them were 2nd day picks. It's nice to think that all that matters are your top guys but a team is more than that. It's why you sign Trubisky last year and trade for Keenum this season. It's why Tawain Jones keeps getting brought back. It's going to be more important when Poyer, Edmunds and Gabe Davis and McKenzie and maybe Knox are off it. Going all in when you have a QB about to hit his prime will middle you out when your franchise player could be at his best not wise if ask me. While I'm all for taking a CB in Round 1 since helps the starting 22 and overall depth is much wiser than risking picks for a one year wonder injured WR. 

• Like (+1) 4

More from Charlie Campbell:

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2022-NFL-Draft-Week-Rumors-Tuesday

One of the wild cards high in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft is Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux. Entering the 2022 NFL Draft process, Thibodeaux was a favorite to go No. 1 overall, but he fell from that standing due to a variety of reasons. Those include his 2021 tape being not dominant as in the past and that he took a lot of plays off. Thibodeaux also developed a reputation of being focused on "his brand" and not loving football. Here is the quote from an AFC director of college scouting:

"Thibs is a bit overhyped - good but not a deluxe athlete. Kayvon doesn't love ball, isn't a team guy and everything is transactional with him, like a business deal. Big smoker & teammates roll their eyes at him. Got a lot of crap that comes with him, and he's not a freak."

Other team sources said that Thibodeaux did poorly in the interviews and he bombed some pre-draft visits. That being said, teams like his speed off the edge and natural quarterback-hunting skills. With that conundrum, Thibodeaux could as high as No. 3 overall to the Texans or he could slide to late in the top 10 or to the early teens. If he does slide, the character issues and the reputation for not loving football will be why.

While Thibodeaux's poor reputation has gotten publicity leading up the 2022 NFL Draft, another edge rusher who is receiving poor marks for character has flown under the radar, Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson. Multiple team sources say Johnson's character issues are significant, with one director of player personnel labelling Johnson as worse than Thibodeaux. Teams received negative feedback from Georgia, and the character issues played a part in Johnson transferring from the Bulldogs for his senior year. Johnson did well in the pre-draft workouts and at the Senior Bowl, so he is probably safe as a top-20 selection. But if he slides, the makeup question will be what is dragging him down.

Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton slid during the draft process thanks to some slow 40 times and workouts that were not impressive. For the Fighting Irish, Hamilton looked big, athletic and fast, so it was somewhat surprising that he did not work out better. A reason for that might be that Hamilton did not attack the draft workout training like most prospects do. Here are the comments from a source with team that could select a safety in the first or second round of the 2022 NFL Draft.

"He's just not the worker and leader that most of the Notre Dame guys are," said a NFC director of player personnel. "He's a little selfish also."

Hamilton is young as a true junior, so perhaps as he matures, he will become a more focused professional.

Some NFL sources told WalterFootball.com there is chatter that the Packers are interested in trading up for a wide receiver. With four selections in the top-59 picks, Green Bay has plenty of ammo to do it. Obviously, the Packers are in dire need of a potential No. 1 wide receiver after trading Davante Adams to the Raiders. This is second-hand information from team sources and not coming from Green Bay, so it has to be taken with some skepticism given the timing. Still, it would not be surprising if the Packers were aggressive about landing Aaron Rodgers a new weapon.

Another second-hand rumor going around with team sources is that both the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens covet Georgia nose tackle Jordan Davis. The Ravens hold the 14th pick, and the Eagles are one behind them at No. 15, so if Philadelphia wants to ensure it can land Davis, the organization may have to a short trade up like it did last year for DeVonta Smith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The top 3 possibilities that drafting Breece Hall in round 1 open up:

1. Taking the ball out of Josh Allen's hands more.

2. Keeping the RB's as a group from getting into a rhythm by dividing carries even further.

3. Potentially lowering the production per play from the alternative of handing it off to the very productive Devin Singletary.

I understand that Hall tested well but he didn't have a better college career rushing the football than Devin Singletary and neither were exceptional pass catchers.

Singletary's NFL career 4.7 yards per carry is not going to be easy to substantially upgrade from.    For reference,  the revered Johnathon Taylor has a career 5.3 ypc.........just a half yard per carry more.........and that's a high end result.     The odds are actually much greater that Hall will produce less ypc than Singletary..........because most highly drafted RB's do.  

This is exactly where I’m at too, especially point #1. Everytime we turn around and hand it off, the defense is ecstatic because it’s no longer in Josh’s hands. I’m not saying we can’t be more dynamic back there, but why kind of team do we want to be? You want to pound the rock or throw it around? I’m the latter. That said, teams are going to be playing light boxes all year against us to force us to run more so we need guys that can take the short passes and take them to the house or can keep the defense honest if we hand it off. Teams don’t fear singletary but would they fear Hall? No clue. I think our O line was such a mess last year that even Hall wouldn’t have been successful. Is Hall a dynamic pass catcher out of the backfield? If so then maybe that’s something we really need and would help to offset the defenses josh is definitely going to be seeing this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This is exactly where I’m at too, especially point #1. Everytime we turn around and hand it off, the defense is ecstatic because it’s no longer in Josh’s hands. I’m not saying we can’t be more dynamic back there, but why kind of team do we want to be? You want to pound the rock or throw it around? I’m the latter. That said, teams are going to be playing light boxes all year against us to force us to run more so we need guys that can take the short passes and take them to the house or can keep the defense honest if we hand it off. Teams don’t fear singletary but would they fear Hall? No clue. I think our O line was such a mess last year that even Hall wouldn’t have been successful. Is Hall a dynamic pass catcher out of the backfield? If so then maybe that’s something we really need and would help to offset the defenses josh is definitely going to be seeing this year. 

im not on board with rb in 1st, but the argument of taking the ball outta joshs hands is crazy... hall is a guy that can run routes and screens. you can run the ball the same amount as last year and have it be effective. 3rd n short would be nice to not have our half billion $ qb taking a beating for 3 yards. you can be a balanced team and still pass 75/25. also josh would certainly benefit from a guy that keeps teams outta 2 high safety, instead of having to go against the current with it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.