NFL Draft Rumors

HappyDays

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As for the draft rumours I have heard in the last week from reasonably credible people:

1. Kenny Pickett will be the only Quarterback taken in round 1.

2. Kyler Gordon will be the first Washington corner off the board.

3. Tyler Linderbaum will not go day 1. 

I find this to be hugely interesting because I can easily see the Saints, the Steelers, and the Lions - all looking at QBs - with the Lions at the very least - using pick 32 to get that 5th year option on Willis.  Especially because I think he will need time to grow and that team has a huge talent gap.

I still think by the end of the night there will be a minimum of 2 and maybe 3 QBs going.  I am just not sure they go early enough to push talent down to Buffalo.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

None of this is surprising to me except for the Hill thing like you said. I have been reading that Walker was going to go # 1 and I believe he will. Hutchinson is a really overrated prospect in my opinion. I think that Jermaine Johnson and Thibodeaux are both better than he is and I would actually like him right there with Walker as # 4 or # 5 on the board. Obviously, Thibodeaux has his own scheme and personality concerns as well.

Evan Neal, I have had as my 3rd OT even before this news about his medicals. Cross is a cleaner more upside LT than he is and reminds me of last year when people thought I was crazy because I wanted Rashawn Slater over Penei Sewell. 

Ross almost quit football because of injuries. Elam to me is a 2nd round prospect and more of a mid 2nd rounder than high 2nd rounder. His tape is inconsistent. If you watch him Jameson Williams tape you'd think he was the best DB in the draft but he doesn't tackle, he's inconsistent in coverage and doesn't track the ball well. 

I'm with you on Hutchinson being overrated. I'd take three DL from SEC before Hutchinson. 

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

maybe I worded it poorly. I don’t think Walker is the best DE in the draft. Just was reiterating that I am of the belief he is going # 1 overall. 

My DE Rankings are: 

Thibodeaux

Johnson

Hutchinson

Mafe/Walker

I am an FSU fan, and I may be bias but Jermaine Johnson is a complete DE. His knock is his one year wonder and he’s knocked for his run ability. I didn’t see that this year. When he was ranked as the 6th or 7th best DE in this class, I thought that was crazy 

My other knock on Johnson is I think he is who he is. You are not getting much more ceiling. But he is a very solid 1st round pick.

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Kenny Pickett will be the only Quarterback taken in round 1.

2. Kyler Gordon will be the first Washington corner off the board.

3. Tyler Linderbaum will not go day 1. 

Interesting as the buzz I have been getting still sticks to Willis being the first QB off the board.  I haven't heard anything specific about McDuffie and Gordon in terms who is gonna go first, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gordon went first.  I think they are relatively closely graded and IMHO probably get drafted relatively close together.  I would be shocked if there was more than a 10-15 pick difference in where they go.  So, just going to come down to whichever team is taking one of them first on who they prefer.  

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm with you on Hutchinson being overrated. I'd take three DL from SEC before Hutchinson. 

Sheer insanity to burn #1 overall pick on a HMLP DE. I call it the Patulski Syndrome.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Interesting as the buzz I have been getting still sticks to Willis being the first QB off the board.  I haven't heard anything specific about McDuffie and Gordon in terms who is gonna go first, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gordon went first.  I think they are relatively closely graded and IMHO probably get drafted relatively close together.  I would be shocked if there was more than a 10-15 pick difference in where they go.  So, just going to come down to whichever team is taking one of them first on who they prefer.  

Personally I think Quarterback is the same. It depends which team takes one first

If it's Detroit I think it's Willis

If it's Carolina I think it could even be Corral

If it's Atlanta I think it would be Pickett

If it's New Orleans I think it would be Pickett

The one where I genuinely don't know is Pittsburgh... lots of buzz about them and Pickett but it feels like slightly fake buzz to me. I think they'd take Willis. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Personally I think Quarterback is the same. It depends which team takes one first

If it's Detroit I think it's Willis

If it's Carolina I think it could even be Corral

If it's Atlanta I think it would be Pickett

If it's New Orleans I think it would be Pickett

The one where I genuinely don't know is Pittsburgh... lots of buzz about them and Pickett but it feels like slightly fake buzz to me. I think they'd take Willis. 

FWIW, Atlanta is split on the QBs. It was Corral for a while but now there are some differing options in that room.

I’ve also heard that the Bills love Jameson Williams and Breece Hall is a real possibility.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, Atlanta is split on the QBs. It was Corral for a while but now there are some differing options in that room.

I’ve also heard that the Bills love Jameson Williams and Breece Hall is a real possibility.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us trade our '23 1st in a move up to get Williams if he fell far enough.

Another interesting consideration... The Eagles are all but guaranteed to use another early pick on a WR and it sounds like that may make Jalen Raeger available. Now I am by no means suggesting that Raeger has star potential, I think that's proven itself out, BUT, he's still an intriguing WR based on analytics and if we're looking for somebody to take the top off of the defense, I could see him being a usable piece to run wind sprints for a late rd. pick or signing him post cut...

• Like (+1) 2

Two years in a row we've been connected to a speedy RB at the end of the 1st round. It almost feels intentional. The Jameson Williams love I could believe more. Beane will not be shy about trading up for him if he thinks he's a superstar.

If we really want Breece Hall I hope we plan to trade down with Seattle first. I can't get excited about him as our 1st rounder.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

These aren't rumors just some crazy things I have thought could happen that I want to get on paper lol.

Giants will trade down a couple times from that 7 pick.  Maybe 7 to 20 so Pitt can grab Willis and then 20 to 25 so Buffalo can get their guy.

Conversely, If a QB NYG likes slides (Willis maybe) I could see Bradberry or Toney and their 2nd getting packaged for 25.

I could also see Buffalo trading down if the draft fell with wrs and cbs flying off the board.  Something like 25 and 57 for 32 and 34.

I think Detroit waits until the end of round 1 but does grab a qb.

I think Buffalo double dips on DBs this year like they did with DE last year.  Maybe not round 1 and 2 but in the first 3 rounds.

I think Carolina trades down from 6.  I also think they end the weekend with either Mayfield of Pickett as the qb.

I think Jameson Williams is still the first WR off the board.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Two years in a row we've been connected to a speedy RB at the end of the 1st round. It almost feels intentional. The Jameson Williams love I could believe more. Beane will not be shy about trading up for him if he thinks he's a superstar.

If we really want Breece Hall I hope we plan to trade down with Seattle first. I can't get excited about him as our 1st rounder.

Perhaps getting a team to grab him and pushing down who the Bills actually want?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Given the way the board breaks out for RB, WR and CB, I think a trade down to bump our 2 up earlier makes a ton of sense to get 2 viable players at those spots... I'm sure the professionals see that as well.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.