This is such BS - Britt Reid trial now postponed to Sept 2022

Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean just do whatever and get the chance to make the same mistake again?

I think you're under a misimpression that I'm supportive of a light sentence.  

I was just pointing out the trend as I understand it.  As one of the many people horrified by what happened to the little girl here, the tendency is to look for justice to be punitive.  I've been in that camp, and can't quite understand why we 'let' people get away with things like this.  The challenge is that's not always what happens, and every defendant isn't the son of a professional football coach and a highly recognizable person who we all know should know better, and should have taken an Uber home.  

This story moved me to the point that I donated to the family and their go fund me campaign after it happened.  My children are adults, but seeing a picture of the little girl in the hospital just broke my heart.  

Emotionally, yes--lock him up, lose the key for a decade or two...but rationally that tends not to happen.  Part of me gets that as well.  

On 4/26/2022 at 1:55 PM, bigduke6 said:

the justice system works differently for those of means or celebrity.   

This is an absolute joke of a statement in today's criminal climate.  There's people of little means getting away with some of the most serious and egregious crimes - often times on camera, at alarming levels.  Sadly that's by design by our disgusting politicians and the money that backs them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

Hard to believe that such a class act like McD worked for this fat ***** POS.

I think most of us on this board have worked for an A** Hat in our day. 

If you're not the lead dog, the view always stays the same.

McD is a lead dog now. Character counts! 

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

This is an absolute joke of a statement in today's criminal climate.  There's people of little means getting away with some of the most serious and egregious crimes - often times on camera, at alarming levels.  Sadly that's by design by our disgusting politicians and the money that backs them.

if you think being poor lets you get away with crime more than if youre rich,  im not sure what planet youre currently living on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 hours ago, aristocrat said:

It’s not like he’s a first time offender. He served two years for drugs before. Should be getting 10 plus years

The maximum under MO law is 7 years, but the plea agreement the prosecutors reached (against the objections of the family) is for him to be sentenced to "no more than 4 years".

The judge has discretion and could sentence him to as little as 4 months in prison plus 5 years probation.  Sentencing at the end of October.

The victim's family is outraged.

17 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Trials are often rescheduled and delayed. I am a little surprised there is not a settlement and plea agreement. It may be in the works and the basis for the delay. 

There was a civil settlement with the Kansas City Chiefs last November.

The plea agreement was reached and the plea entered in a hearing Monday

Sentencing October 28.

7 hours ago, Rico said:

Hard to believe that such a class act like McD worked for this fat ***** POS.

IDK maybe Reid follows a fairly common pattern - stand up guy and sterling worker at the office, total failure at home.

Edited by Beck Water

7 hours ago, White Linen said:

Do you have some links to back up your assessment?  I can provide plenty of links showing people of major means getting away with some of the most serious and egregious crimes.  I'm interested in seeing yours showing "people of little means getting away with some of the most serious and egregious crimes - often times on camera, at alarming levels."

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Rico said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/01/britt-reid-sentenced-to-three-years-in-prison/

3 years isn't enough for this POS, but better than nothing I guess.

His attorney asked for probation.

He got 3 years

I guess that's something.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/britt-reid-kansas-city-chiefs-sentenced-prison-drunk-driving-crash-ariel-young-andy-reid/

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article267952622.html

Ariel’s mother, Felicia Miller, in a statement read by assistant Jackson County prosecutor Brady Twenter during the hearing, said her daughter still suffers from the crash. She drags her right foot when she walks, has trouble keeping her balance and becomes nauseated during car rides. Ariel takes special education classes and now wears thick glasses.

“This is our life,” Miller said in the statement. “Ariel’s life is forever changed because of Britt Reid. Her life will be dealing with the damage that Britt Reid did. “She will deal with the effects of his actions every day for the rest of her life. We will deal with her.”

Circuit Court Judge Charles H. McKenzie sentenced Reid, 37, who was immediately taken into custody. “The reckless actions you have committed have done so much harm to Ariel and her family. There has to be a response,” McKenzie said.

He later told Ariel, “I’m sorry this happened to you. I hope your days get better.”

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Rico said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/01/britt-reid-sentenced-to-three-years-in-prison/

3 years isn't enough for this POS, but better than nothing I guess.

What he did is worse than murder, IMO.

Can you imagine being 50 and having the brain of a 2 year old? I wish that hell on just about nobody.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, White Linen said:

You are probably right, not going to research it to prove/disprove. 

I think the sweet spot in the justice system is for the people in the middle class, mortgage, job, family etc.

They will nail you to the wall.

Rich people buy their way out, and extremely poor people get a pass because it basically costs the courts money to prosecute them. They make money prosecuting the middle class.

Of course if you don't give them a chance they can't procecute you, most of the time.

Just my opinion though.

On 9/15/2022 at 1:11 AM, Gugny said:

Do you have some links to back up your assessment?  I can provide plenty of links showing people of major means getting away with some of the most serious and egregious crimes.  I'm interested in seeing yours showing "people of little means getting away with some of the most serious and egregious crimes - often times on camera, at alarming levels."

Of course he doesn't. If facts were part of his M.O., he wouldn't believe the nonsense he does.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, Beast said:

Andy Reid is a ***** clown. A ***** show of a human being. 

Well alot of his players behavior reflect that. Too bad, there was a time I rooted for Andy to have his moment. But he's not that person anymore. That little girl will be permanently handicapped. 

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.