TSW Mock Draft 3.0

Virgil

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why is he quite likely to be there?  He wasn’t there during either of the other two mocks?

You're right, he wasn't. But this was because Jets took him twice. In first mock it was @GunnerBill, who is very high on him, and in the second mock Jets took at 16 after trade down. Jets are logical destination is such case.

But my observation is that if he is not taken by the Vikings then he is more likely than not being available to us. Teams from Texans (13) to Cowboys (24) rarely take CBs, and if they do, it is McDuffie. I guess (almost) everybody who makes mocks thinks that all those teams have higher needs and/or don't have Booth that high.

Which teams do you think are likely to take him?

Edited by No_Matter_What

With the 18th pick in the draft, the Eagles select Devin Lloyd, LB Utah.

New captain of the defense and one of the best defensive players in the draft.  We would have considered an Edge guy here but Lloyd is too good to pass on.  This defense needs playmakers and speed and we've added that with our first 2 picks.  

@MrEpsYtown is on the clock

Edited by Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

You're right, he wasn't. But this was because Jets took him twice. In first mock it was @GunnerBill, who is very high on him, and in the second mock Jets took at 16 after trade down. Jets are logical destination is such case.

But my observation is that if he is not taken by the Vikings then he is more likely than not being available to us. Teams from Texans (13) to Cowboys (24) rarely take CBs, and if they do, it is McDuffie. I guess (almost) everybody who makes mocks thinks that all those teams have higher needs and/or don't have Booth that high.

Meanwhile the Patriots don’t have one good corner…. But they wouldn’t want one?

the cardinals don’t have one good corner….but they wouldn’t want one?

the Steelers #1 cb is Levi wallace. They wouldn’t want one?

He plays a premium position and could be the BPA on some boards.  Just saying.  There’s a chance he’s taken….which is why you might want to trade up.

if he goes….then you take your pick form Gordon or Hill.  Neither are on Booths level imo. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Meanwhile the Patriots don’t have one good corner…. But they wouldn’t want one?

the cardinals don’t have one good corner….but they wouldn’t want one?

the Steelers #1 cb is Levi wallace. They wouldn’t want one?

He plays a premium position and could be the BPA on some boards.  Just saying.  There’s a chance he’s taken….which is why you might want to trade up.

if he goes….then you take your pick form Gordon or Hill.  Neither are on Booths level imo. 

Look I am not arguing that it is not possible. Just not likely. Imo ofc.

I don't remember single mock with Steelers taking CB. People are torn on Patriots with lots of LBs, WRs, OL and sometimes CBs mixed in. Possible, but not that likely.

I'll give you Arizona, they are a serious threat. But if we want to jump Arizona for Booth, we don't have to go all the way up to 15 or what.

Just to be clear, Booth is my 2nd most wanted player after Williams. I would be willing to trade up for him a little if needed. But I do think that it might be worth to gamble a little and stay put if everything goes right. And I would be willing to bet that we are not trading up for him that high.

23 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

After Vikings at #12 the Eagles, the Patriots and the Cardinals are the three possible corner teams. But all could equally go elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't remember single mock with Steelers taking CB. People are torn on Patriots with lots of LBs, WRs, OL and sometimes CBs mixed in. Possible, but not that likely.

I'll give you Arizona, they are a serious threat. But if we want to jump Arizona for Booth, we don't have to go all the way up to 15 or what.

Just to be clear, Booth is my 2nd most wanted player after Williams. I would be willing to trade up for him a little if needed. But I do think that it might be worth to gamble a little and stay put if everything goes right. And I would be willing to bet that we are not trading up for him that high.

I just look at team needs, the value of the position and the players upside.

You could be right though.  I don’t really look at too many mock drafts.  I just looked at about 10 and Booth was there for all of them…..but someone will take him in this draft I’m sure 😉 

edit:  landing him @ 25 would be ideal.  He’s also my #2 behind Williams.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Though Booth is a good player, the smoke about his health is getting pretty thick

I think it is probably pretty likely that he is there at 25 and beyond like Owusu-Koramoah last year who fell late into the second round after some health issues popped up in the pre-draft.

On 4/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, Virgil said:

Hey everyone!  TSW NFL Mock Draft 3.0 is about to begin.  This mock will be with full trades and only be one round (Need to be done by Thursday evening).  The draft will begin at 8a est on 4/25.

Rules:

-All trades must meet the trade value chart and approved by Virgil.  A PM must be sent to myself, including both trade partners.  Once the trade is approved, the new team on the clock will have remaining time from the original pick owner.  They will NOT receive a new clock.

---You are not required to exceed the trade value chart by 10% like in prior mock drafts

---Players can be traded, but still need to be approved.  If a player is to be traded, you need to provide a trusted new source that states that player is on the trade block (Mayfield)

-You must submit all trade offers to the picking team within one hour of them being on the clock.  This will prevent teams from using the full 3 hours to see if someone makes them a trade offer.  If you state  you are waiting on a final offer and cannot verify by adding me to the PM, you will lose your pick

-The Draft will start within at the start of business day after we have all of our owners

-Each owner has 3 hours to make their selection. (Draft hours are 8a-10p est.  If your 3 hours goes beyond that time, you have one hour to make your selection starting at 8a the next day)

-Each selection must have an explanation, discussing the thought process behind the pick.

-The Buffalo Bills selection will be made by a group of members.  I will be handling all trade offers and requests on the groups behalf.  If you want to trade with the Bills, PM me.

-There will be 1 round for 3.0

-If your team has multiple first round picks, you are responsible for all of the picks (if your team has back to back picks, you only get 4 hours for both picks)

Format:

With the 25th selection, the Buffalo Bill select Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Reason:  Because he wake up every day and chooses violence

The Ravens @Virgil is on the clock

Trade Chart:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Best Available Players:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10gtQY1fudokpMDc43zLvkXooC8uj9T0gq3expfzlP7E/edit?usp=sharing

Teams Available

**Reply to this thread with the THREE teams you’d be willing to run (Please do not request teams you've already picked for)

Cardinals

Round 1:

1 - Jaguars (3000) - Virgil -Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan

2 - Lions (2600) - Sherlock Holmes - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

3 - Texans (2200) - Draconator - Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

4 - Jets (1800) - Just Joshin’ - Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon

5 - Giants (1700) - Doc Brown - Ikem Edwonu, OT, North Carolina St

6 - Panthers (1600) - Sheneneh Jenkins - Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

7 - Giants (1500) - Doc Brown - Ahmad Gardner, DB, Cincinnati.

8 - Falcons (1400) - GunnerBill - Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State

9 - Seahawks (1350) - turftoe - Travon Walker, DE, Georgia

10 - Jets (1300) - Just Joshin’ - Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

11 - Commanders (1250) - CNYFan - Drake London, WR, USC

12 - Vikings (1200) - *Traded* Texans - Draconator - Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

13 - Texans (1150) *Trade* Vikings - LEBills - Derek Stingley Jr., DB, LSU

14 - Ravens (1100) - Logic - Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

15 - Eagles (1050) - Big Blitz

16 - Saints (1000) - MrEpsYtown

17 - Chargers (950) - HappyDays

18 - Eagles (900) - Big Blitz

19 - Saints (875) - MrEpsYtown

20 - Steelers (850) - RyanC883

21 - Patriots (800) - BrainwashedBillsFan

22 - Packers (780) - NewEra

23 - Cardinals (760) - wppete 

24 - Cowboys (740) - Alphadawg7

25 - Bills (720) - Tribunal

26 - Titans (700) - frostbitmic

27 - Bucs (680) - No_Matter_What

28 - Packers (660) - NewEra

29 - Chiefs (640) - H2o 

30 - Chiefs (620) - H2o

31 - Bengals (600) - BigdaddyinOrlando

32 - Lions (590) - Sherlock Holmes

Trades

-Texans #13 (1150) and 2023 2nd round pick (250) for Minnesota for #12 (1200)

From all accounts there are more teams looking to trade down than trade up...next year's 2nd round pick is pretty steep in this environment when trade ups should be cheaper than normal to move...especially when its only up one slot, especially when it's not for a QB. I'd say a 4th or maybe a 5th and a 6th should have been enough(this year).  Move it up a round if we are talking next year, but maybe a 3rd or a 4th and 6th.

Edited by Big Turk

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Saints (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

***Trade Alert***

The Buffalo Bills have traded Jordan Poyer and the #25 overall pick to the New Orleans Saints for the #19 pick. 

With the #19 pick, the Buffalo Bills select Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame.

Bills GM - We have to think about the future as much as we do winning now.  Hamilton is arguably one of the best talents in this draft and we are shocked to see him fall to #19.  With Poyer only having one year left on his deal and getting older, this is a perfect time for this trade that also saves us 8 mil on the cap this year and next.  The Bills were originally looking at DB and WR, but the recent run on them left us in a position to more likely trade back than anything else.  We view this as a very solid consolation prize.

The Steelers @RyanC883are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Steelers (RyanC883) are on the clock

With the #20pick, the Steelers select Lewis Cine, S, Georgia.  The Steelers wanted a CB, all the top ones gone.  Wanted an OT, all the top ones gone.  Wanted Jordan Davis, also gone.  So they find a safety to pair with Fitzpatrick who can attack the run as well as help the Steelers CB position in coverage.  The Pats and @BrainwashedBillsFan are on the clock.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Patriots (BrainwashedBillsfan) are on the clock
2 hours ago, Virgil said:

***Trade Alert***

The Buffalo Bills have traded Jordan Poyer and the #25 overall pick to the New Orleans Saints for the #19 pick. 

With the #19 pick, the Buffalo Bills select Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame.

Bills GM - We have to think about the future as much as we do winning now.  Hamilton is arguably one of the best talents in this draft and we are shocked to see him fall to #19.  With Poyer only having one year left on his deal and getting older, this is a perfect time for this trade that also saves us 8 mil on the cap this year and next.  The Bills were originally looking at DB and WR, but the recent run on them left us in a position to more likely trade back than anything else.  We view this as a very solid consolation prize.

The Steelers @RyanC883are on the clock

Im stunned that there are people not on board with the value of getting Hamilton at 19, and without giving up any extra picks. 

Truthfully, zero percent chance Saints make this trade in real life.  They need a Safety, they are not going to trade us Hamilton for Poyer without getting extra picks because they have cap issues.  So why pay a 31 year old Safety money they cant afford vs taking what is regarded as a top 3 talent in this draft overall that they can have cheap for the next 4 or 5 years?   Saints would sprint to the podium if Hamilton is there at 19.

That being said, the trade laid out here would be a massive home run for the Bills.  Get the best safety in the draft without having to give up extra picks and have him here under a cheap deal for 4 to 5 years would be too good for Beane to pass up.  And I love Poyer and want him to stay, but this is a no brainer slam dunk if we could trade Poyer and 25 to get to take Hamilton.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im stunned that there are people not on board with the value of getting Hamilton at 19, and without giving up any extra picks. 

Truthfully, zero percent chance Saints make this trade in real life.  They need a Safety, they are not going to trade us Hamilton for Poyer without getting extra picks because they have cap issues.  So why pay a 31 year old Safety money they cant afford vs taking what is regarded as a top 3 talent in this draft overall that they can have cheap for the next 4 or 5 years?   Saints would sprint to the podium if Hamilton is there at 19.

That being said, the trade laid out here would be a massive home run for the Bills.  Get the best safety in the draft without having to give up extra picks and have him here under a cheap deal for 4 to 5 years would be too good for Beane to pass up.  And I love Poyer and want him to stay, but this is a no brainer slam dunk if we could trade Poyer and 25 to get to take Hamilton.  

I don't think they are necessarily targeting safety. I think they want a LT and  WR. I couldn't get the LT after getting the receiver so I traded down. I like Hamilton, don't love him for the Saints, so I was able to get a very good safety to move down 6 spots. That was my thinking as NO GM here. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think they are necessarily targeting safety. I think they want a LT and  WR. I couldn't get the LT after getting the receiver so I traded down. I like Hamilton, don't love him for the Saints, so I was able to get a very good safety to move down 6 spots. That was my thinking as NO GM here. 

All good brother, and I get your thinking and I think LT and WR are definitely higher up on their targets too.  I just think if Hamilton slides to 19 he is everyones BPA on the board.  And Poyer is a great safety, the only reason I don't think he is realistic to the Saints without getting extra draft compensation in this particular scenario is that he is 31 and on last year of his deal.  So I think the Saints won't see value there because they cant afford to pay him and with them not really be close to a SB run at the moment, there isn't a lot of incentive to pay him with their cap issues.  So he would likely be a one year and done player who leaves in FA in this particular scenario.  

Now Poyer could have a lot of trade value to a team in contention that needs a safety, I just think the Saints situation would dictate they just take Hamilton there unless we gave them a draft pick too that they desired.  Adding a draft pick there I think makes the deal more realistic, although I still think they stay put and take Hamilton most likely just given the immense value of getting Hamilton at 19 vs where he is projected to go near or in the top 10.  

Either way, if this trade was real, it would be a great outcome for the Bills to get one of the best players in the draft at 19 and keeping their next picks too.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Packers (NewEra) are on the clock
32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good brother, and I get your thinking and I think LT and WR are definitely higher up on their targets too.  I just think if Hamilton slides to 19 he is everyones BPA on the board.  And Poyer is a great safety, the only reason I don't think he is realistic to the Saints without getting extra draft compensation in this particular scenario is that he is 31 and on last year of his deal.  So I think the Saints won't see value there because they cant afford to pay him and with them not really be close to a SB run at the moment, there isn't a lot of incentive to pay him with their cap issues.  So he would likely be a one year and done player who leaves in FA in this particular scenario.  

Now Poyer could have a lot of trade value to a team in contention that needs a safety, I just think the Saints situation would dictate they just take Hamilton there unless we gave them a draft pick too that they desired.  Adding a draft pick there I think makes the deal more realistic, although I still think they stay put and take Hamilton most likely just given the immense value of getting Hamilton at 19 vs where he is projected to go near or in the top 10.  

Either way, if this trade was real, it would be a great outcome for the Bills to get one of the best players in the draft at 19 and keeping their next picks too.  

I think getting a position of need (all-pro at that) and only dropping 6 spots back is fair enough.  

Edited by Virgil

30 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

With the 21st selection, the New England Patriots select Andrew Booth JR. CB Clemson

Pats have plenty of holes including WR, LB, DE. Needing to replace Jackson with their first round pick is essential given the talent at WR in the division. 

The Packers @NewErais on the clock

And Andrew Booth is off the board.  Good thing the Bills didn’t sit tight and hope for him to fall to us.  

with the 22nd pick, the Green Bay Packers select, Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas.  

it’s a no brainer imo.  Some don’t like Burks’ speed.  4.55 is slow.  Davante Adams ran a 4.56.  I’ll take my chances that AR can get it to him and let the RAC beast do work.  

@wppete and the cardinals are on the clock.  Feel free to select Breece Hall

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

With the 23rd pick, the Arizona Cardinals select, George Karlaftis, DE - Purdue.

Cardinals get a monster of a player here to bolster up a DLine that lost Chandler Jones. Karlaftis is a beast, powerful Greek Spartan with a nasty attitude that can play both DE and inside with fast twitch to power and high motor. Great pick for the Cardinals here. 

The Cowboys and @Alphadawg7 are on the clock. @Virgil

soldiers falling GIF

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And Andrew Booth is off the board.  Good thing the Bills didn’t sit tight and hope for him to fall to us.  

with the 22nd pick, the Green Bay Packers select, Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas.  

it’s a no brainer imo.  Some don’t like Burks’ speed.  4.55 is slow.  Davante Adams ran a 4.56.  I’ll take my chances that AR can get it to him and let the RAC beast do work.  

@wppete and the cardinals are on the clock.  Feel free to select Breece Hall

Its the right pick. Packers take big receivers. They value YAC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.