TSW Mock Draft 3.0

Virgil

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He will have to learn to stop at the whistle, that is a legit concern. Man he is a good football player though.

Yeah, he seems like an absolute beast.  But he for sure needs to be a less dirty player and learn better discipline or he will be a flag machine and in the dog house before he knows it.  

• Sad 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Jets (Just Joshin') are on the clock

With the 9th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Travon Walker, DE, Georgia.

The Seahawks may have used their entire clock, but they ran to the podium to select Walker.  Arguable the best pass rusher in the class, the Seahawks are rebuilding in the trenches.  Offensive line was also an option, but the value of Walker is too good to pass up.

The Jets @Just Joshin'are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

Needs:  Yes….every position.  QB would even be a consideration given Wilson’s poor rookie results.  An Edge was taken earlier so that is off the table.

With the 10th pick, the Jets want to give Wilson some support.  Douglass has been reading the TBD message board and is tempted to take Breece Hall but ultimately decided on a WR.

Wilson and Williams are 1A and 1B.  Both can be the difference maker for the Jets if utilized properly.  Wilson has more of a resume vs one year for Williams and that tipped the scale in his favor.

With the 10th pick in the 2022 draft, the NY Jets select Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State.

The Washington Commanders and @CNYfan are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Commanders (CNYFan) are on the clock

With the 11th selection in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft The Washington Commanders select  Drake London WR USC.   London is the top WR on the Washington Board with size, speed, hands, catch radius and contested catch strength.  The Commanders feel they have to give Carson Wentz a weapon and some help for Terry McLaurin.  So this player had more value than some others rated about the same.  The Commander draft room is very happy with this selection and see that "Mike Evans Comp".

The Vikings and @LEBills are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

With the 11th selection in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft The Washington Commanders select  Drake London WR USC.   London is the top WR on the Washington Board with size, speed, hands, catch radius and contested catch strength.  The Commanders feel they have to give Carson Wentz a weapon and some help for Terry McLaurin.  So this player had more value than some others rated about the same.  The Commander draft room is very happy with this selection and see that "Mike Evans Comp".

The WR run begins............

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

I really like London and provides something WTF doesn’t really have. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Vikings (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 13th pick of the TSW Mock Draft 3.0 the Minnesota Viking select:

Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU

Stingley is the Vikings #1 player in the entire draft. Getting him at 13 while acquiring a 2023 second round pick almost makes up for having Kirk Cousins as our QB.

After an all time Freshman year, Stingley’s play was criticized as not being as good during the 2020 Covid year and in 2021 when injuries hampered him and there were weird things going on in the LSU program in general. But instead of sitting out the year after his amazing Freshman season, he played and he gets credit for that.

Stingley appeared healed from his Lisfranc injury after a pretty impressive Pro Day and the Vikings are excited to plug one of their biggest needs with a premier player in the draft.

The Baltimore Ravens and @Logic are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Ravens (Logic) are on the clock

With the 14th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

For some reason, the 13 teams ahead of the Ravens -- including three teams that selected offensive tackles -- allowed the best offensive tackle in the draft, Charles Cross, to fall to 14. While we just signed Morgan Moses in free agency, he is 31 years old, and we're not in the business of passing on franchise tackles when they're available, especially this late in the 1st round. 

Cross is a strong, powerful blocker who explodes into run fits and has the flexibility, athleticism, and foot speed to excel in pass protection. He's a nasty finisher and possesses all the traits necessary to become a long term fixture at right tackle as well as to challenge incumbent left tackle Ronnie Stanley for blind side duties.

The Ravens were looking long and hard at Jordan Davis and several cornerbacks, but simply could not pass on a player this talented at such a premium position.

@Big Blitz and the Philadelphia Eagles are now on the clock.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Eagles (Big Blitz) are on the clock
4 hours ago, Virgil said:

The Bills are open to moving up in the draft.  No players are being offered, but this years 4-7 picks and next years 2nd and up are available

Interesting and confusing to me. Why would we want to move up now with both top rated CBs and Williams gone?

If the target is Booth he is quite likely to be there at 25. Maybe I am missing something.

However, I trust Beane so I'll sit and wait. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I was missing something. Thanks @Doc Brown.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Interesting and confusing to me. Why would we want to move up now with both CBs and Williams gone?

If the target is Booth he is quite likely to be there at 25. Maybe I am missing something.

I think it’s pretty obvious…

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

With the 14th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State

For some reason, the 13 teams ahead of the Ravens -- including three teams that selected offensive tackles -- allowed the best offensive tackle in the draft, Charles Cross, to fall to 14. While we just signed Morgan Moses in free agency, he is 31 years old, and we're not in the business of passing on franchise tackles when they're available, especially this late in the 1st round. 

Cross is a strong, powerful blocker who explodes into run fits and has the flexibility, athleticism, and foot speed to excel in pass protection. He's a nasty finisher and possesses all the traits necessary to become a long term fixture at right tackle as well as to challenge incumbent left tackle Ronnie Stanley for blind side duties.

The Ravens were looking long and hard at Jordan Davis and several cornerbacks, but simply could not pass on a player this talented at such a premium position.

@Big Blitz and the Philadelphia Eagles are now on the clock.

Took my guy! All good! He was sticking out on the board in my imaginary draft!

• Like (+1) 1

With the 15th pick in the draft, the Eagles select Trent McDuffie, CB Washington.

We wanted Cross, he was our top OT.  4 tackles gone in the first 14 picks.  So we decided to bolster a Secondary that is hot garbage.  This will allow Slay to be CB 2 if McDuffie can be CB 1 - which is where we think both will end up.  

@MrEpsYtown is on the clock

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

With the 16th pick in the TSW NFL Draft 3.0, the New Orleans Saints select Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

I was also eyeing Cross and a number of other guys. Realistically I think NO comes away with one of the LTs. There is also a need there in NO at the wide receiver position and there are 4 elite guys in this draft. The Saints get the last guy left. Olave excels in his route running, which doesn't quite make up for Jameis Winston's inaccuracy, but NO needed an infusion of talent, upside, youth and speed at the position. Olave provides that weapon for them. He reminds me of S. Diggs and that will play down in NO. 

The Chargers and @HappyDays are now on the clock. 

• Angry 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Interesting and confusing to me. Why would we want to move up now with both top rated CBs and Williams gone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was missing something. Thanks @Doc Brown.

Why is he quite likely to be there?  He wasn’t there during either of the other two mocks?

Edited by NewEra

With the 17th selection, the Los Angeles Chargers select Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia.

This is the most telegraphed pick in the draft. Our run defense was arguably the worst in the league last year and we know that running the ball and controlling clock is the easiest way for our opponents to keep the ball out of Justin Herbert's hands. Davis is plug and play now and has crazy high athletic upside.

The Eagles @Big Blitz is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.