Five of the craziest theories about The Beatles

TSNBDSC

Too much smoking?

John Lennon’s connection with the number nine

The most obvious connection between the number nine and John Lennon is obviously the truly horrible song ‘Revolution 9’ on the White Album. But aside from my own opinions on a diatribe of sonic pretence, Lennon had a few weird ties to the number. As he said himself: “I lived in 9 Newcastle Road. I was born on the ninth of October, the ninth month [sic]. It’s just a number that follows me around.”

September is ninth month.

Interesting coincidence or good planning for his son to be born on his birthday. 

I know people who wanted a child born at certain time of year and stopped making attempt until next year when that date was no longer obtainable.

Maybe even some football fans did same thing to ensure the birth of child was not during football season.

One couple I know had their baby induced a few days early to ensure the baby was born before New Year but I think that was for taxes purpose.

21 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

That crap "song" is the only thing that keeps me from saying that the White Album is their best album with no hesitation.  An absolute masterpiece and they unnecessarily and inexplicably tainted it with that garbage.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That crap "song" is the only thing that keeps me from saying that the White Album is their best album with no hesitation.  An absolute masterpiece and they unnecessarily and inexplicably tainted it with that garbage.

When George Harrison offered several actual songs, complete with lyrics and melodies, John and Paul told him, "There's no room on the album for them." But somehow they found room for Revolution 9. I can see why George was pissed off about that.

• Agree 1

Is there any real meaning to all this? Or were they just real stoned and jamming? 

She came in through the bathroom window
Protected by a silver spoon
But now she sucks her thumb and wanders
By the banks of her own lagoon

Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?
Sunday's on the phone to Monday
Tuesday's on the phone to me

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is there any real meaning to all this? Or were they just real stoned and jamming? 

Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?

No.  It's that simple.

Did you ever see how McCartney hammers out a song?  The video was on YouTube showing him working out "Get Back"... I think Disney took it down...

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/she-came-in-through-the-bathroom-window/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

also wanted to add: anyone who takes the ufo story seriously is an idiot. lennon was what brits call 'taking the piss'

All of the stories are silly, but it generated a Beatles discussion, so I'm cool with it!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.