Just one of a million reasons I LOVE Stefon Diggs!!!

Apocalypse Nuts

55 minutes ago, The Dean said:

OK. Fair enough. Still, only allowing 14 points is a decent statistical defensive effort. And the offense simply cannot escape the biggest part of the blame, IMO. 

But the statement I responding to was "The Patriots signalled [sic] run all day and we never could stop them."  NEVER stop them? That is untrue.  Which was my point. 

So your point is to argue semantics over his (admittedly hyperbolic) word choice?  Kind of a straw man there.

A million reasons?  I think you're spending way too much time thinking about Stefon Diggs.

16 hours ago, ganesh said:

The wind was the same for both the teans.  Our coaching staff got their ass kicked by the Patriots.  The Patriots signalled run all day and we never could stop them.  The Bills never could run the ball effectively when it was required

Yeah, I just can't get on board with the argument that our coaches got their asses kicked.  It took a very specific set of circumstances that allowed the game to play out like that, which played perfectly into the one thing that the Pats were built to do more successfully than the Bills.  I can live with the way we lost that game, since it was a one-in-a-million (okay, it's Buffalo, so, maybe one-in-a-few-hundred) type of scenario.

13 hours ago, The Dean said:

Well, the Pats* scored only 14 points over 60 minutes. I'd say the Bills stopped them quite a few times.  I'll take the D giving up 14 points most any time. That game was a failure of the offense, IMO.

Yep.  We had first and goal from like the 8 yard line or something with ~8 minutes remaining, down 4 points.  We came away with nothing.  That was the ball game, as it turned it out.  We had another shot later on, but that was our best chance.

More on topic, I live in Vikings country, and I vividly remember Vikings fans telling me what a cancer this guy would turn into.  

Besides Allen, I don't think there's anybody on this team I like more than Diggs.

Edited by BillsFanSD

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

So your point is to argue semantics over his (admittedly hyperbolic) word choice?  Kind of a straw man there.

Not semantics at all. I think we have a failure to communicate here. 

The defense allowed two TDs. It isn't as if they were a sieve against the run. It isn't as if they were completely ineffective. This defense is built to be well-rounded but primarily be able to stop the passing game. Bend, don't break. There are fewer and fewer teams who live by the run these days.  Every D has things it does better than others.  This past year the Pats* were built for the run/short pass game. Take a bigger picture look.

I'd give the Defense a C for the game. I wouldn't argue if you gave them a C- or even a B-. Wanna give them a D, I think you are nuts but OK.

The Offense lost that game. They get an F.

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not semantics at all. I think we have a failure to communicate here. 

The defense allowed two TDs. It isn't as if they were a sieve against the run. It isn't as if they were completely ineffective. This defense is built to be well-rounded but primarily be able to stop the passing game. Bend, don't break. There are fewer and fewer teams who live by the run these days.  Every D has things it does better than others.  This past year the Pats* were built for the run/short pass game. Take a bigger picture look.

I'd give the Defense a C for the game. I wouldn't argue if you gave them a C- or even a B-. Wanna give them a D, I think you are nuts but OK.

The Offense lost that game. They get an F.

OK one more thing. Why are we discussing the horrendous game against the Pats* in a thread celebrating Diggs?  🙃

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.