An accurate picture of our current AFC East dominance

BillsFan619

The AFCE scares me like any game scares me. They can ALL beat you, see the Jags game last year. BUT, what REALLY scares me is the AFC as a whole. Some VERY good teams from the AFC will not make the Super Bowl. Let’s not leave it to chance. Own the regular season and make the playoff path to the Super Bowl go thru WNY! 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Augie said:

The AFCE scares me like any game scares me. They can ALL beat you, see the Jags game last year. BUT, what REALLY scares me is the AFC as a whole. Some VERY good teams from the AFC will not make the Super Bowl. Let’s not leave it to chance. Own the regular season and make the playoff path to the Super Bowl go thru WNY! 

Yep, game is played on the field.  You haven't done it until you've done it.  All these power rankings and rhetoric are just that, rankings and rhetoric.   McBeanes are absolutely killing it in building a high level roster, but the games are still played on the field, not on fan sites and media platforms.   Go Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The KC Kraken lurking in the corner. 

10 hours ago, Augie said:

16 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Yep, game is played on the field.  You haven't done it until you've done it.  All these power rankings and rhetoric are just that, rankings and rhetoric.   McBeanes are absolutely killing it in building a high level roster, but the games are still played on the field, not on fan sites and media platforms.   Go Bills.  

The margin for error isn't comfortable as I would like but I have faith as most of us do.

The counter to the roller derby argument is the steel sharpens steel argument.

I have faith in this organization. I'm optimistic for the future. Super-psyched for Thursday.

Iron Maiden, you crack me up.

Not even the least bit oblique.

😅

23 hours ago, Augie said:

I agree. I sure hope we can claim the AFC Crown and make everyone come to us. LOL, I count 8 other teams with real Super Bowl possibilities. That’s crazy! I don’t think this has ever happened before, not even close! This is the football gods punishing us, we finally get a super QB, now they’re all over the place…. It’s disgusting… The AFC West is just crazy! We talk about having to beat KC, KC is just another team this year, Imho…. The colts withGilmore and Matty Ice? Nuts! Imho, the Bills have to nail this draft as we need all the help we can get. To make the offense Super we need Hall and another very good outside WR plus a good prospect at OG that can step in if needed or even beat out Bates.

The defense is tougher to get a handle on as we have a nearly completely rebuilt DL nine deep. But no one knows how they will play together. How effective they will be. Someone has to be good enough to take doubles off of Von. We need a push up the middle and pressure coming from the right side of our defense. We need to mix up our defense this year, not make it so easy for offenses to take us apart. Lots of pressure on Leslie to use Von correctly and to be able to get Von in a position to make big plays. Then we have to be able to get out of early season games with wins. We have to field a successful secondary without Tre White. I don’t know how long or how long Tre is going to need to get his game back to 100%… Those early losses, if our secondary makes big mistakes, will cost us big later. McBeane and Leslie have tons of pressure on them this year, especially early.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I agree. I sure hope we can claim the AFC Crown and make everyone come to us. LOL, I count 8 other teams with real Super Bowl possibilities. That’s crazy! I don’t think this has ever happened before, not even close! This is the football gods punishing us, we finally get a super QB, now they’re all over the place…. It’s disgusting… The AFC West is just crazy! We talk about having to beat KC, KC is just another team this year, Imho…. The colts withGilmore and Matty Ice? Nuts! Imho, the Bills have to nail this draft as we need all the help we can get. To make the offense Super we need Hall and another very good outside WR plus a good prospect at OG that can step in if needed or even beat out Bates.

The defense is tougher to get a handle on as we have a nearly completely rebuilt DL nine deep. But no one knows how they will play together. How effective they will be. Someone has to be good enough to take doubles off of Von. We need a push up the middle and pressure coming from the right side of our defense. We need to mix up our defense this year, not make it so easy for offenses to take us apart. Lots of pressure on Leslie to use Von correctly and to be able to get Von in a position to make big plays. Then we have to be able to get out of early season games with wins. We have to field a successful secondary without Tre White. I don’t know how long or how long Tre is going to need to get his game back to 100%… Those early losses, if our secondary makes big mistakes, will cost us big later. McBeane and Leslie have tons of pressure on them this year, especially early.

The good news is, we are building a team for the long term. The Colts, for example, are dangerous but the parts they added are a couple of older guys. I like the way we draft and build a roster.  Our top paid players are QB, Edge, CB, WR and LT. The key positions. That is NOT an accident. That is how it should be done. We didn’t get painted into a corner by overpaying a safety or LB. The Pats* top paid are a LB, 2 TE’s and a couple so-so WR’s.

I trust our FO.  Let the AFCW beat up on each other and bring the playoffs to Orchard Park! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.