What is The Weakest Position on The Bills Roster That Pick 25 Would Instantly Make the Team Stronger ?

T master

As the draft gets closer we all have been listening to & seeing mocks that all the so called "Experts" put down who the Bills can pick at 25 but if there is one position group that could instantly upgrade the Bills that is in need of reinforcement which group do you think that is on the team ?

With the WR every one thinks that this could be or should be the pick at 25 but if it wasn't i think they could get a pick later in the draft that would have a good value & be able to pick up a good player Like Gabe was later that could help but that group is pretty strong now as it is  .

The O line i feel given who they have brought with as far as players & coaches will be better, the LB ing corp I think is still a strong group but could get a pick later, safety's i think can be as good as last year & could again get a good pick later too .

DL with who they had & who they have brought in i this is still a strong group & could be if some of the players produce like they have in the past & of course don't forget what Von will bring can be even better this year .

The CB position mainly because we don't know how Tre will be coming back & with Levi gone could be a strong consideration at 25 but they still have some good players there & could find another good player in the second or later like they did with D J .

I have heard one person put it this way .

Given the strengths of the Bills what would be the one position that could be a luxury pick  this year that would immediately make the team better & being a first round pick they could have this player for 5 yrs with the 5th year option & maybe even 2 more if they decided he was worth franchising or they could let him go after the 5th year .

I know some of you will be NO WAY but this made pretty good sense to me when he explained the Running Back position . He said the run game as far as running backs  now on the Bills roster is the weakest area of the Bills over all & if they got a back like Breece Hall , Kenneth Walker, Isaiah Spiller, Brian Robison or fill in the blank _____________ it could be a instant upgrade to strengthen the run game .

It would 1 take some of the beating off of Josh & be a immediate upgrade to the running back room plus they would have a good contract/player for 4 or 5 yrs then they could get another. I think Motor is a good back but a stud young RB with good speed - good hands - & a bit bigger for some short yardage work would make a ton of sense .

Moss just isn't that guy they thought he would be use him as trade bait if need be to move up in the second to get a WR, CB, or who ever else . I know they brought in the other fella which could be a good back if he plays like he has in the past but he's been around for a bit & hasn't been the player he once was so it's a chance & if he does good he will want a bigger contract next year .

When that guy (can't remember his name) said that i thought it makes so much sense for now & the future ! 

The Bills running game suffered for most for the year until late then it helped but maybe not as much as it could have with such a back - so that's my pick at 25 Hall may not be there but because every one thinks RB is a none essential position now he could fall to us .

Or they could get another really good back that could be there at 25 or who knows Beane isn't afraid to go get the guy he wants that he feels could be that big of a difference maker to put the team in the Super Bowl & have him for quite a while .

What do you all think make sense to me ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

I wouldn’t say CB, because Tre will be back. 

Tre, Dane and Taron is a pretty solid trio and while someone like Booth (if available) might take it to another level, it seems the staff is high on Dane, and for good reason. 

Probably RB.  Not saying we should draft one at 25, but Breece Hall’s potential dwarfs anyone we have on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Cornerback is the clear #1 since we are one injury away from needing to put an unproven UDFA into the starting lineup. 

Due to the fact that we frequently play in 4 wr formations and just lost Beasley and Sanders, I think a deep threat wr is also a need.

I am not a fan of Edmunds and I would like to draft a replacement who plays more physically who can get reps in 4-3 alignments this year and become a full-time starter in 2023. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Tre, Dane and Taron is a pretty solid trio and while someone like Booth (if available) might take it to another level, it seems the staff is high on Dane, and for good reason. 

Probably RB.  Not saying we should draft one at 25, but Breece Hall’s potential dwarfs anyone we have on the roster. 

Tre won't be back until mid to end of season.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

First off, Tre will be back before “the end of the season”.  Pretty soon we’ll have people claiming Tre won’t be back into the final year of his contract. 

Second, even if he misses the first 6-8 games, he will be back.  

Im fine with taking Booth, but Breece Hall’s talent bumps the RB room up much higher than any mid-late round pick can in relation the talent currently in the room.  We can find CB’s in the 3rd RD that should be solid in our system until Tre comes back. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Cornerback is the clear #1 since we are one injury away from needing to put an unproven UDFA into the starting lineup. 

Completely agree. That's not to say the Bills must draft a CB in the first round. But I do expect Beane to sign (FA or trade) and draft one in the first two days

14 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Do you have specific information you're not sharing? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

"Tre will be back" , MAYBE.  When he does come back, will he have lost a little and is now good but not all pro like he was? I say draft a CB. They are the best athletes on the field.

• Eyeroll 1

CB. Right now it's Dane Jackson and who knows if Tre isn't ready to go.

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

OL. Not enough depth if starters miss significant time. After Jameson Williams, Zion Johnson might be my top choice amongst realistic choices. 

Hard to justify a player that sits on the bench at 25 waiting for an injury when we have a starting CB spot open.

• Like (+1) 2

CB is clearly a high priority need IMO given the uncertainty to Tre’s situation early in the season, but doesn’t need to be filled at #25 unless a real stud falls that far.

Personally I think the need for more speed at RB or WR trumps CB for that first pick. Speed is such a lethal weapon and you can’t teach it. Lord knows our recent losses to KC are more than adequate evidence for Beane or any other FO personnel. I hope they go in that direction in Round 1 and address the CB situation on day two.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

CB. Right now it's Dane Jackson and who knows if Tre isn't ready to go.

Hard to justify a player that sits on the bench at 25 waiting for an injury when we have a starting CB spot open.

There’s a good chance that Zion is rated much higher than whatever CBs are on the board. 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:45 PM, SCBills said:

Tre is coming off an ACL injury. He won't start the season and may or may not return to top form immediately. Dane Jackson lost the CB2 competition to Levi Wallace last season and underperformed expectations. Taron Johnson is a Nickel Corner.

We're heading into the Draft starting the season with Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis on the outside with Practice Squad players for depth and having not signed any CB in Free Agency to replace Levi Wallace. Those that are left on the market at this point are on the wrong side of 30, have injury issues, and/or have declined in play. 

Outside Cornerback is a HUGE glaring issue.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If Jameson Williams is still there at #25 Beane may go into cardiac arrest before turning the card in.  He won't make it out of the top 15.

9 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

There’s a good chance that Zion is rated much higher than whatever CBs are on the board. 

So we take him and let our secondary suck? I'm not saying if that's the case it's the wrong decision but it's hard to justify leaving a gaping hole on a Super Bowl favorite team when there doesn't need to be.

It's obviously Cornerback. We have only 1 of 3 starters, definitely (atm) available for the opening game of the new season.

Wallace is gone, and Tre White uncertain to be back for the first few games.

The need should be obvious to anyone, and hence the fact that it would be the easiest position to draft, to upgrade the team.

As The Dean pointed out, that doesn't mean they have to, or even should go, CB in the first, simply that it's the one position of actual need that we have, going into the draft.

Think of it this way, if we had to play a game now, which position do we not have covered with known starting ability?

We have a solid WR corps, RB is okay, as we've only lost Breida, and replaced him anyway.

O-Line has been addressed, with re-signing Bates, and getting Saffold and the guy the other day.

A whole bunch of D-Line have been signed, alongside one Von Miller.

Safeties, as was.

LBers as was,(starters) although depth needed.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.