Happy 72nd birthday Fergy!

\GoBillsInDallas/

43 minutes ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

He was the first QB l was old enough to say "That's my QB!" 

Recall the gutsy performance playing injured and was a soft spoken leader.  Happy Birthday Sir!

Of all the past heartbreaking games we've all endured, this one always sticks out to me more because of Fergy's gutsy play instead of just that the game was lost.  That was a very good team and I think they could have won it all that season if they could have gotten past the Chargers in San Diego.

Edited by ChasBB
grammar
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChasBB said:

Of all the past heartbreaking games we've all endured, this one always sticks out to me more because of Fergy's gutsy play instead of just that the game was lost.  That was a very good team and I think they could have won it all that season if they could have gotten past the Chargers in San Diego.

Agree. I was 17 and crushed when they lost. Their 'Bermuda Triangle' defense was #1 in the NFL and there is no doubt in my mind that team would have beaten the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game and then the Eagles in the Super Bowl. That 1980 season was their first division title since 1966 and the first I was old enough to remember. That is still one of my favorite Bills teams/seasons of all-time despite the way that San Diego game ended. I took some small consolation in the fact that Bob Chandler won himself a Super Bowl (sadly, traded that year to Oakland for LB Phil Villapiano).

Happy Birthday and many more, Fergy. 😊

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChasBB said:

I believe we beat the Super Bowl Champ Raiders earlier in the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

This poor guy bore the brunt (unfairly) of our family wrath for the Bills losing seasons for years. I still shudder when I see QB's unsnap their chin strap after a poor play (patented Fergy move). Of course no one slumps their shoulders afterwards like he used to, which just gave the worst body language messages, ugh. Then moving on from our beloved white helmets because he was having a hard time differentiating between the teams o\. OMG I better stop now, I can feel all those feelings bubbling up again.

Happy B-Day Fergy, Sorry for all the grief, deserved and undeserved lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.