Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Probably neutral

I do like hearing other fanbases opinion of him.  From the perspective of the non emotionally invested kind of thing 

Yeah me too. The comments I've came across have all been positive, even from a couple Fins fans and few Pats.

9 times out of 10 it's either , "Allen is amazing!!", "took long time but you finally got a QB worth that wait", and "he's 100% going to get Bills a SB win, more than 1"

Lol, Fins fan only said, "I'd appreciate it if for just 1 time Josh Allen would stop beating our ass" lol

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I would enjoy watching him play, same as I do currently. 

The only teams where I struggle to like their players are the Cowboys, Steelers and Patriots.  

I would also add the Jets and Dolphins.

This is an interesting topic.  I never met Josh personally.  I love his public persona which I believe is a sincere reflection of his real persona.  I love watching him play.  I love watching Pat Mahomes play. I love watching Tom Brady play. I loved watching Peyton Manning Play.   They are all masters of their craft. And their passion for the game is unquestionable.  I don’t root for any of them to win though, other than Josh Allen. If Josh were on another note ream I would love watching him Just like the others. Wouldn’t root for him though. 

• Like (+1) 1

It would depend on the team, I'm sure.  If he was on the Patriots, Dolphins, Cowboys, Steelers, Titans, or another team I don't like, I'm sure I would hate him and delight every time he failed.  If it was a team I'm more neutral or positive on, I think I'd probably like him.  Most neutral fans seem to agree that he's objectively fun to watch.

More importantly, I'm not worried about it.  Sports are supposed to be fun.  It's really fun to watch and root for Allen!  And it's also fun to watch and root against the players on opposing teams.  I "hate" Tom Brady probably more than any other NFL player in history, but most of it is just for entertainment's sake.  (The part where he's selling snake oil, and people are gushing over his "agelessness" while ignoring the PEDs in the room?  Those are fairly real.  But strictly on-field, it's really fun to watch him fail, and I get annoyed because he doesn't fail often enough for my liking.)

I loved Joe Montana because of the pride he showed in himself and his team the deep ball accuracy

I loved Vic due to what he brought to the game.

I Hated Bradey (best to ever play the position) so far... but he arrogant sob cheater.

Josh Allen brings Big legs and Big arm to a game that is rare... I would love Josh Anywhere.

But OP? He is a Buffalo Bill so who cares right? moving on

On 4/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, BillsFan619 said:

We all know it. We are SO fortunate as a fan base to have Josh Allen. He’s awesome, he fits Buffalo so well, he has great character, he has a great work ethic and he’s an all-around winner.

As many on here have been saying lately, he’s a superstar now. It got me thinking, would you still like JA if he was on another team?

For me, honestly, I don’t know. Part of me says, yes, I would. I can appreciate and respect greatness when I see it, even when someone is on another team.

That said, part of me knows that there have been times that I haven’t liked someone because they were so good and on another team instead of the Bills.

So, I’d like to hear from you, Bills Mafia. Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

I would love Joshy no matter what. Even if he was never drafted into the NFL I would 💓 him. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s a modern day Brett Favre. Favre was my favorite QB to watch play outside of Kelly. So I would probably love watching Allen.

My favorite non Bill QB to watch play was Peyton. Favre was also fun to watch as well.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Why would that change anything?

Then they be REALLY jelly 

On 4/24/2022 at 11:32 PM, Scott7975 said:

Yes because he is a good QB and a class act. I never hated Montana or Peyton Manning for instance.

Or Marino 

Feared, Yes

Hated, No

Like …. The Isotoners were too much for that. 

On 4/23/2022 at 1:16 AM, LeGOATski said:

I don't dislike other teams' players because they're good. It comes down to personality.

For instance, I hate Brady because he's a douchebag.

So no, I would not hate Josh if he were on another team. I'd still like. He might still be my favorite player, in fact. My favorite players during my 25 years of fandom have often been on other teams.

You don’t say. 

Growing up, I hated the dolphins but respected Marino. Also respected Elway, Montana and others. If Josh was not here, I believe I would put him on par with them. He is a good person and qb. 

On the other hand, don't like or respect Brady, he is a duche. Even if Mayfield was good, wouldn't like him for the same reason. 

Someone like Mahomes I'm on the fence about. He doesn't overly come off as douchey, but his girl and brother do, and he defends them. I know they are his family and you defend your family, but... 

22 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Probably, but I assumed OP was meaning like if after his time with Bills eventually landing with a different team and not drafted by a different team?

Idk, either way if it had played out differently and he was drafted by Pats etc, I feel he wouldn't be hated like Brady lol. 

Good clarifying thought, Sheneneh.

My OP was asking from the angle of if Josh was never a Buffalo Bill.

I can give you a Jets fan perspective.  I like great QBs who don't cheat.  Love to watch Mahomes.  Love to watch Allen.  Allen is perhaps more interesting because he started so poorly and then turned it around like he sold his soul.  Can't not be impressed with that.  I also have a soft spot for big QBs who aren't afraid to get physical.  So yeah, hard not to like him.  A little more against the Pats.  A lot less against the Jets.  But otherwise, grats on having a great one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.