Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

BillsFan619

How do you  like a generational, freakish talent that represents an obstacle to a team that you're emotionally tied to? You can respect and admire the person and incomparable will  to win , that separates him from all but one or two QBs in football, but, like Brady for 2 decades, he crushed fans dreams. He would make fans frustrated their guy was in a different stratosphere. To really like a player, he can't be a threat to your future success. 

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't really follow a team before the Bills, closest would have been Denver due to proximity.

That's a really cool way to become a fan, tip of the hat to ya.

I happened to be driving truck and stopped in Laramie overnight in 2019. Happened to be a big week 16 game against NE, think it got flexed to a night game. Lost a close game, but I had my Allen jersey on at the bar... damn good thing I had a few days off cause everyone was feeding me free booze in the excitement of meeting a Bills fan lol

While I do agree 100% he has a very engaging  and likeable personality makes it easy to say you'd love him  but as they DON'T say in the stock market:

Past performance does indicate future results!

For the most part, at some point or another everyone else is hated!

Maybe if we went to an NFC team like the Bears or somewhere that has lost for a long time, maybe then he's be viewed in good terms.  But if he were say to beat the Bills in the SB, he'd be dead to everyone here!

4 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

How do you  like a generational, freakish talent that represents an obstacle to a team that you're emotionally tied to? You can respect and admire the person and incomparable will  to win , that separates him from all but one or two QBs in football, but, like Brady for 2 decades, he crushed fans dreams. He would make fans frustrated their guy was in a different stratosphere. To really like a player, he can't be a threat to your future success. 

Brady is a weird case for me. I spent two decades hating the dude so much, that as a football fan I couldn't enjoy the GOAT. Glad he went to Tampa, where I could shift my perspective.

At 34 I'm not old enough to remember Jordan well, nor Gretzky, nor the early 90s Bills. I wish that I'd got to see them play when I could appreciate them.

When I'm old there will be new generations that talk about Brady like that, and im glad to have the last 2 years to see him in a diff light(without stomping my testicles in).  Bradys been pretty fun since he got out from the Hoodie. 

Would love to see him in MIA next year so Josh can formally rip the torch from his manicured nails 

Only reason I don't like/respect Brady is his whining.  Clean plays, clean hits, no flag...he gets up, goes crying to a ref, boom, flag.  Over and over and over.

With the hoodie, I respected him until he threw a tantrum after spygate and ran up scores on already beaten teams in some sort of tantrum.  I giggled like a schoolgirl seeing the look on his face when his perfect season went up in smoke.

My hatred of the pair has nothing to do with repeated losses.  I'm not gonna hate a team for winning.  KC has eliminated us in back to back years, last year in soul-scarring fashion, and I don't hate them.  Likewise, I hate NE less with Brady gone and likely won't hate them at all when the hoodie's gone.

Sure, I'm a fan of Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow. I appreciate QBs that have swagger without being ***holes which is a really difficult balance to get right. But I get uncomfortable thinking about how bad things would be here if we had passed on both Mahomes and Allen. Imagine if after two decades of futility we had passed on both of them for Josh Rosen. The Pegulas would be public enemy number one in Buffalo.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

CH, I’ve lived in Tampa as long as Buffalo, and 67 out of 68 games every four years I root for the Bucs, just not when we play the Bills.

I actually love how BB has basically sucked since Brady left.  What was Brady supposed to do for 20 years?  Intentionally lose.  Just like P. Manning beat us a bunch of times too, but I don’t hate him.

Brady with regular Joe’s down here has actually been very cordial and friendly.  I know four people who I respect just met him in everyday life, and he was decent when he could’ve been a prick.  I gave you the example of Sapp who is a douche.

“Honey where are my eye clamps? I’ve got to drive up to Tampa to see a guy.”

D030FA2F-D992-4851-9D9A-ABC4E4D521C9.jpeg

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Brady is a weird case for me. I spent two decades hating the dude so much, that as a football fan I couldn't enjoy the GOAT. Glad he went to Tampa, where I could shift my perspective.

At 34 I'm not old enough to remember Jordan well, nor Gretzky, nor the early 90s Bills. I wish that I'd got to see them play when I could appreciate them.

When I'm old there will be new generations that talk about Brady like that, and im glad to have the last 2 years to see him in a diff light(without stomping my testicles in).  Bradys been pretty fun since he got out from the Hoodie. 

Would love to see him in MIA next year so Josh can formally rip the torch from his manicured nails 

Good take, something to be said for seeing the brilliance of the best ever. That doesn't mean you like him. When Josh miraculously brought us back against Tampa and the Zebras made that hometown Brady PI call after swallowing their flags when we were driving to win outright, how did you feel about him. Listen, you're a great fan, don't go by a beaten down, scarred and unforgiving lifelong Bills nut like me.

If he was in the division, that would be tough. But I have liked plenty of good QB's on other teams in the past. Allen is competitive and smart. He plays a really exciting game. He is a good teammate. Motivated to be great.

I don't see anything that is very unlikeable. And I have had tons of interactions with other fan bases outside the division and they all have nothing but positive things to say about him now.

13 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

We all know it. We are SO fortunate as a fan base to have Josh Allen. He’s awesome, he fits Buffalo so well, he has great character, he has a great work ethic and he’s an all-around winner.

As many on here have been saying lately, he’s a superstar now. It got me thinking, would you still like JA if he was on another team?

For me, honestly, I don’t know. Part of me says, yes, I would. I can appreciate and respect greatness when I see it, even when someone is on another team.

That said, part of me knows that there have been times that I haven’t liked someone because they were so good and on another team instead of the Bills.

So, I’d like to hear from you, Bills Mafia. Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

Yes because if Josh was an arrogant jerk I would cheer the results of his play but I wouldn't be a fan of his.  I do expect a certain level of conduct for people I root for.  

The question is would Josh be the same if he had to go through a different set of circumstances.  He gets drafted by the Jets does he end up like our Josh, like Darnold or is he showing signs but that staff doesn't nurture and build the strengths up and he just remains a up/down player.

I think he'd have shown steady improvement, but having the support he has had from the start in Buffalo makes it likely he's just a tad better in Buffalo than elsewhere.  

But being he's such a good guy that shows regardless of if your a Bills fan or root for another team. I wouldn't auto cheer that team to do well, but I'd still cheer on Josh as far as playing stats and hoping he loses when It's best for bills.

Edited by AuntieEm

Like Hebert and certain extent Burrow, I’m a fan of their play and would probably be one of Allen too just based on abilities. Strangely and this is weird to say but I’m not sure he would be this good if he wasn’t taken by Buffalo. The coaching situation worked in his favor.

Fam and I went to Pro-Am a couple months ago. On fourth hole my kids (8/10) in there JA gear were waving at him. His was speaking with his Larry Fitzgerald and other golfers but saw them, walked about 20-30 yards over to us for some fist bumps, pics and autographs. He didn’t need to do that. Rest of round he was equally patient and generous with time and with kids. Always a Bills fan but also will always be a JA fan. Go Bills. Go JA17 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boater said:

While not "Superstars" Joe Ferguson and Jack Kemp were no slouches.

True but Jack Kemp was drafted by the Steelers in 1957 when they were in the NFL.  Kemp played 2 seasons with the AFL LA Chargers that became the SD Chargers before he was traded to the Bills when they played in the AFL.  After the 1966 season, the Bills fell apart, and Kemp's career ended in 1969, the year before the AFL totally merger with the NFL.   Joe Ferguson was a nice QB but he wasn't a great one.   He was the only QB the Bills drafted who became    Jim Kelly spent 2 years in the original USFL.   Daryle Lamonica was drafted by the Bills and later became a superstar but only after he left the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.