Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

BillsFan619

We all know it. We are SO fortunate as a fan base to have Josh Allen. He’s awesome, he fits Buffalo so well, he has great character, he has a great work ethic and he’s an all-around winner.

As many on here have been saying lately, he’s a superstar now. It got me thinking, would you still like JA if he was on another team?

For me, honestly, I don’t know. Part of me says, yes, I would. I can appreciate and respect greatness when I see it, even when someone is on another team.

That said, part of me knows that there have been times that I haven’t liked someone because they were so good and on another team instead of the Bills.

So, I’d like to hear from you, Bills Mafia. Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Sad 1

As a Wyoming Cowboys fan that became a fan because of Josh I might not exactly fit the parameters, but as a thought experiment if he was on a different team than the one I'm a fan of I'd think so he's extremely likeable. I suppose it might differ if my team was one he frequently victimized.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't dislike other teams' players because they're good. It comes down to personality.

For instance, I hate Brady because he's a douchebag.

So no, I would not hate Josh if he were on another team. I'd still like. He might still be my favorite player, in fact. My favorite players during my 25 years of fandom have often been on other teams.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

As a Wyoming Cowboys fan that became a fan because of Josh I might not exactly fit the parameters, but as a thought experiment if he was on a different team than the one I'm a fan of I'd think so he's extremely likeable. I suppose it might differ if my team was one he frequently victimized.

Who was your team before Buff? Just curious. I think theres a lot of Wyoming fans on board like you

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

My fandom of Josh runs so deep because I think he’s not just a great player but a great person as well. If he were to go to another team, not only would I be a fan of him, I’d follow him as closely as the Bills.

I have to say that I only could have known about Josh because he is a Buffalo Bill. If he was drafted by another team and I was never to experience him from a hometown fan perspective I likely wouldn’t be a fan of his. But I’ll say, if he were to ever leave (barring some sort of crap on the fans, crap on the town, crap on the organization situation) I will likely continue to follow him as if he’s been my favorite player of all time. Because he is. Man I’m glad he’s a Bill 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I would accept that he is a damn good QB, but he would still be the opponent, and need to rooted against always, I would look at him as I looked at Joe Montana, liked his persona,  enjoyed watching him be clutch, but…, 

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t have negative opinions about Poyer’s of other teams unless they are jerks.  The guy I couldn’t stand was on my #2 team in the Bucs (Sapp).  He was the worst with fans.  I shared this before, but a dad of a kid I coached in flag football a decade +  ago, went over to him, and said, “Mr. Sapp, can my dad take a pic of us”.  His response which is a real dbag to a 7 yr old was, “ I don’t flick B word”.  To a little boy.  The dad said it was all he could handle to not clock him.

Those are the kind of guys I can’t stand.  Herbert, Burrow, Beaker from KC, I don’t mind at all.  I’ve even loosened my opinion of Brady since he came to Tampa.  Only because I know enough people who have met him and was a nice guy at CVS, Publix, etc.  I’m just sick of hearing about him down here.  It’s a never ending saga.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

I’d like to say that yes, I would be a JA fan regardless, because of not only how he plays the game but what type of person he is.  I do wonder just how much I would have looked into his past and development, however, if he wasn’t a Bill.  Probably not much, because I don’t spend any of my time researching players’ backgrounds who are not Bills.

Chances are yes.

But boy would I be green with envy.

Even now, I'm still not sure we properly appreciate, just how strong his arm is.

Allen has become the prototype for QBs going forward.

He ticks all of the 'traditional' boxes now, but the arm strength and rushing ability, just take him way over the top.

• Like (+1) 4

I was po'd at the Bills for about six or seven years because they didn't draft Russell Wilson in 2012.  The Seahawks became one of my favorite teams because of Russ -- except when they play the Bills.   Now I'll become more of a lukewarm Broncos fan.

I was po'd after the fact at the Bills for a couple of years because they traded out the #10 pick in 2017 and so passed on Patrick Mahomes.  KC is one of my favorite teams -- as long as they aren't playing the Bills or if their winning a game would impact the Bills.

I've always liked Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Kirk Cousins, so I have little doubt that I would still like Josh Allen even if he had no connection to the Bills.  After all, it wouldn't have been his fault that the Browns drafted him first overall.  If he'd been drafted by the Jests, I don't think I could "like" him but I would probably pity him because he wouldn't be the QB he is with the Bills ... 

Isn't it utterly and completely awesome that we Bills fans no longer have to console ourselves by saying that some other team's great QB wouldn't be the great QB he is if he'd had been drafted by the Bills?   The Bills actually drafted a QB and developed him into a superstar.  First time this franchise has ever done that.   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

We all know it. We are SO fortunate as a fan base to have Josh Allen. He’s awesome, he fits Buffalo so well, he has great character, he has a great work ethic and he’s an all-around winner.

As many on here have been saying lately, he’s a superstar now. It got me thinking, would you still like JA if he was on another team?

For me, honestly, I don’t know. Part of me says, yes, I would. I can appreciate and respect greatness when I see it, even when someone is on another team.

That said, part of me knows that there have been times that I haven’t liked someone because they were so good and on another team instead of the Bills.

So, I’d like to hear from you, Bills Mafia. Would you still like JA if he was on another team?

Dude (or dudette)

You should be a aware of great talent. 

Drew Breese, Peyton Manning both are respected.  Russel Wilson, 
Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Dalton, 

Fitzpatrick like Favre is a gunslingers who often has bad games but is a winner.  Imo

Then there are the WLB’s like cheating Tammy Brady and Aaron Rodgers. The latter gets more respect.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.