Is everyone ready for games on Amazon Prime Video??

RunJoshRun

22 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The games will be televised in the local markets of the teams playing. That's it, though 

I understand just a little, no Comprende it’s a riddle. 
Not sure just what you’re trying to say Dean. Is it that the games will be on local television in the markets of the teams that are playing, but otherwise available through Amazon prime for everybody else? 
Still curious about a TNF season start on 9/8. Assume it’ll be broadcast on a major network. 

20 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I understand just a little, no Comprende it’s a riddle. 
Not sure just what you’re trying to say Dean. Is it that the games will be on local television in the markets of the teams that are playing, but otherwise available through Amazon prime for everybody else? 
Still curious about a TNF season start on 9/8. Assume it’ll be broadcast on a major network. 

Most Thursday night games will ONLY be available via Amazon Prime.  But the local markets of the teams playing in any particular week,will be televised by a local station.  So if the Bills play on Thursday,  the game will be televised locally in Buffalo.  Clearer?

Just like Sunday/Monday nights in the past

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Amazon made history last month when it became the first all-streaming provider to agree to carry a weekly package of National Football League games. The technology giant is paying $1 billion per season for the exclusive rights.

Amazon’s deal will now run 11 years                  Feb 16, 2022

For those wondering, a Prime Video membership costs $8.99 per month, but it’s also included with Amazon Prime which costs $12.99 per month, or $119 a year.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/2/16/22933353/the-nfls-deal-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football-could-have-fans-missing-games-news-update#:~:text=The technology giant is paying,%2C Comcast%2C ViacomCBS and FOX.

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Amazon made history last month when it became the first all-streaming provider to agree to carry a weekly package of National Football League games. The technology giant is paying $1 billion per season for the exclusive rights.

For those wondering, a Prime Video membership costs $8.99 per month, but it’s also included with Amazon Prime which costs $12.99 per month, or $119 a year.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/2/16/22933353/the-nfls-deal-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football-could-have-fans-missing-games-news-update#:~:text=The technology giant is paying,%2C Comcast%2C ViacomCBS and FOX.

I’m good with this …. 

On 4/23/2022 at 12:04 PM, nedboy7 said:

People love giving their money to a Billionaire instead of supporting small local businesses.  Then B word about mega corporations monopolizing everything. 

This right here ^^^^

GO  BILLS!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

Weekly package is 15 games out of 18 weeks.  Last game is week 17 so people subscribing per month only need to pay for 4 weeks.

I can see some people signing up for just the games with monthly packages and then getting hooked on other things converting it to yearly one.

The key word in the above quote is ‘exclusive’, meaning if you aren’t a prime member and don’t have access to Amazon Prime Video, or you aren’t in the local viewing area, don’t expect to watch TNF for the foreseeable future. Talk about strong-arming people into paying for a service which was already covered by most television packages in 2021.

Not most television packages,  NFLN is not on all packages only on higher level tier packages and they carried games last year.  I added NFLN to watch Bills game which were mostly on NFLN at end of year and not only had to pay more I had to pay Verizon FIOS to pay them more.

It also neglects to mention that currently Amazon does not have a commercial contract so bars which can show games.  This I think will impact ratings and I cannot see Amazon not trying to cash that check so I expect one to come out this year but may be too late for many bars financial planning schedules.

I do think that there will be a lot more broadcasting from computers in local areas of games for friends outside viewing area.

Question regarding the local market: 

in past years, if NFLN carried TNF the Bills game (local broadcast) would still be carried on a local station. Same for MNF on ESPN,

Can we expect local market prime time games to be broadcast on the major networks as they used to be, or will even the local markets be relegated to exclusively Prime Video?

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Question regarding the local market: 

in past years, if NFLN carried TNF the Bills game (local broadcast) would still be carried on a local station. Same for MNF on ESPN,

Can we expect local market prime time games to be broadcast on the major networks as they used to be, or will even the local markets be relegated to exclusively Prime Video?

I can tell you how it used to be. Local stations bid on the rights to carry the NFL Network games locally.  The network affiliate that typically carries that team (so CBS in Buffalo) should have the advantage, but that hasn't always been the case. I believe Channel 7 (the ABC affiliate) has carried some Bills games. But I haven't lived there in some time so I could be remembering a long time ago.

But one station in each of the teams involved will carry an Amazon-only game in their home markets. That's really the bottom line,

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

My daughter has Amazon Prime, so I can stream Amazon Prime stuff on her account.  I'm streaming a movie right now.

Cool. What’s her log in?  I won’t share it with anyone else.

Guys- cover your eyes please 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/22/2022 at 9:14 AM, ALF said:

Since February 2022 Amazon Prime is actually $14.99 per month or $139 per year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/22/2022 at 11:40 PM, Doc Brown said:

Smart move by Amazon as I'm guessing the least likely Prime subscribers are the NFL's most hardcore audience.  The one's who always watch TNF.  

Lol we got wives 

40 minutes ago, DrW said:

Since February 2022 Amazon Prime is actually $14.99 per month or $139 per year.

Inflation is going faster then ALF can keep up with it.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:41 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

NFL games in actual 4K is a good thing.

Love watching the Yankees games in 4K on Prime.

The picture quality of network broadcasted NFL games on Time Warner or DirecTV is pathetic...........especially if it's a Fox broadcast.

Does Amazon broadcast in 4k? If so that'd be sweet.