Is everyone ready for games on Amazon Prime Video??

RunJoshRun

17 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

If you don't have an Amazon Prime account you're out of luck.  The Prime Video broadcasts aren't available through the regular out-of-country links because it's a closed network not ABC, CBS, FOX or the NFL Network.

Tonight, I had to watch the Yankees vs. Clevland baseball game on Amazon Prime.  No other channels could broadcast the game.  They were advertising NFL Thursday night games on Amazon Prime.

Am I confused?   Are there other options? 

Opinions?

I highly recommend people get a fire stick and an extra usb for additional storage. Then add Kodi and the Crew for free. For like $15 bucks per year you can add a scraper which then ranks your links in order of quality.

Then you can watch whatever you want. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I highly recommend people get a fire stick and an extra usb for additional storage. Then add Kodi and the Crew for free. For like $15 bucks per year you can add a scraper which then ranks your links in order of quality.

Then you can watch whatever you want. 

I'm seriously looking into getting a smart box and just ditching all the rest of the subscriptions. Less that the ST and you can watch whatever you want from any market, service, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Newest-SuperBOX-Activated-Remote-Powerful/dp/B09Q5MVDC7/ref=asc_df_B09Q5MVDC7/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=563717051984&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18375976964039874995&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012056&hvtargid=pla-1637702044275&psc=1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Well, we're Bills fans without amazon prime but don't live in WNY right now so basically this is telling me that I'm going to have to link a chromebook to the tv and watch like that through one of my sources. I already have to add Sling Orange to the Sling Blue for football season just to watch the MNF game and I'm not going to add yet another service just to watch football............... which used to be free. ***** that.

I know what you mean! I just want one affordable service that will give me everything I used to get on cable. I’m getting closer and closer to cutting the cord with cable. Our bill just went up by $35/mo and it was already way too expensive.

I’m really hoping the NFL comes out with their own affordable streaming service like what has been rumored.

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

TNF is always a massive ratings getter, regularly beating MNF.  It's not just the most hardcore audience.

it all depends on the matchups.  Not enuf good ones to go around to Sunday nite, Monday nite and Thursday nite, when FOX and CBS want some good games on Sunday daytime as well.  I have always thought that the NFL should just be on Sunday, Sunday Nite and Monday Nite.  Keep Thursday nite for college games.  The product just gets watered down too much.  I will mostly watch on Thursday nite if I have a bet on the game.  Otherwise a lot of the Thursday nite games are awful.  

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yes, it appears so. Everything I’m reading says it will be exclusive to Amazon prime starting in 2022

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/2/16/22933353/the-nfls-deal-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football-could-have-fans-missing-games-news-update

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/amazons-thursday-night-football-package-will-begin-in-2022-instead-of-2023.html

I’m still a bit surprised they won’t be on NFL network but it looks like 15 games will be exclusive to Amazon. The games will also air in their local markets still, so Bills fans without amazon prime shouldn’t have to miss any bills games.

There are a LOT of Bills fans who don't live in the Bills' "local market"

I believe I should be good as I'm a Prime member. Up til now, pretty much used it only for shipping. 

Also, does anyone know who has the Thursday package for Canada? Europe? Etc?

Edited by The Dean

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

There are a LOT of Bills fans who don't live in the Bills' "local market"

I believe I should be good as I'm a Prime member. Up til now, pretty much used it only for shipping. 

Also, does anyone know who has the Thursday package for Canada? Europe? Etc?

I think DAZN. Or at least they did last year.

They are still listed on the NFL site. 

https://www.nfl.com/ways-to-watch/canada

edit - you could also always use a VPN to watch it on Amazon prime from Canada/Europe/etc. Just pick a server in the US.

Edited by BillsFan4

Well I no this has nothing to do with the discussion… but I’ve had ST for years and I live outside the city so I have satellite internet by the way it sucks. But thank the internet gods I came home yesterday and there laying fiber optic in the subdivision I stay in. So I don’t have to worry how I’m going to watch Thursday night football or get my bills next year when the NFL goes to streaming. Just thought I would share!!! One happy bills fan in Mississippi 🙃. Go BILLS 

9 hours ago, boater said:

So, how was the experience? Were there freeze ups? The picture and sound were OK? Commercials not too annoying?

The picture and sound were excellent - no freeze-ups at all. A very professional broadcast.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That was my point before you brought up MNF ratings.  Only the diehard fans will subscribe and they’re pry the least likely to have Prime.  Smart move by Amazon.

Why do you say that?

3 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

it all depends on the matchups.  Not enuf good ones to go around to Sunday nite, Monday nite and Thursday nite, when FOX and CBS want some good games on Sunday daytime as well.  I have always thought that the NFL should just be on Sunday, Sunday Nite and Monday Nite.  Keep Thursday nite for college games.  The product just gets watered down too much.  I will mostly watch on Thursday nite if I have a bet on the game.  Otherwise a lot of the Thursday nite games are awful.  

What college games are usually played on Thursday nightS?

Why do the TNF games get such huge ratings (better than MNF when on the networks) if "a lot of the games are awful"?  How many are awful per season?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why do you say that?

An older male audience is pry the least likely to have a Prime membership is my guess.  Amazon is careful not to release their prime member demographics.  

By having exclusive rights to TNF they can strong arm this demographic to pay the $119 a year.  Most will fork over the money no problem and also take advantage of the other perks that come with the membership (leading to more shopping on Amazon).  Getting that older demographic is why they pushed so hard to get a familiar face in Al Michaels.

I have Prime and have watched a handful of it’s content without any issues.  Pretty sure they can scale up their servers to ensure the NFL games are broadcast as clean as possible.

Honestly, unless the Bills play a TNF game, I have no interest in watching TNF.  Al Michaels is my 2nd least favorite announcer behind collinsworth, so that’s a negative for that network.  If the Bills play a TNF game, it would most likely be on local Buffalo TV as a simulcast.

I don’t enjoy watching full regular season non-Bills games.  Maybe I’ll watch a quarter if it’s a special player I’d like to see.  That’s why I watch RZ on Sundays.  See all the best plays of all the Sunday day games.  It’s rare to watch a great game of teams I don’t follow.

18 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I know what you mean! I just want one affordable service that will give me everything I used to get on cable. I’m getting closer and closer to cutting the cord with cable. Our bill just went up by $35/mo and it was already way too expensive.

I’m really hoping the NFL comes out with their own affordable streaming service like what has been rumored.

Youtubetv is about $65/month and you get multiple simultaneous connections so theoretically you could split the cost. Gamepass will allow you to watch TNF replays in the US and will give you amazon's games live internationally. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s now been disclosed that the first Amazon TNF game is 9/15 with KC and Chargers. 
What about the traditional Thursday kickoff-the-season game with superbowl winner. That would be 9/8. There’s been rumors that it could be Bills at Rams.

Anyone know- is there a game 9/8 and what network will carry the telecast if not Amazon? If there is a game 9/8, it seems odd it wouldn’t be with the service that TNF will be on for the remainder of the year. 

There’s been a few mentions of 4K in this thread. Has it been confirmer that the Amazon games will be in 4K?

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

It’s now been disclosed that the first Amazon TNF game is 9/15 with KC and Chargers. 
What about the traditional Thursday kickoff-the-season game with superbowl winner. That would be 9/8. There’s been rumors that it could be Bills at Rams.

Anyone know- is there a game 9/8 and what network will carry the telecast if not Amazon? If there is a game 9/8, it seems odd it wouldn’t be with the service that TNF will be on for the remainder of the year. 

There’s been a few mentions of 4K in this thread. Has it been confirmer that the Amazon games will be in 4K?

The games will be televised in the local markets of the teams playing. That's it, though