Is everyone ready for games on Amazon Prime Video??

RunJoshRun

nah im not ready to have to subscribe to yet another friggen streaming service just to watch what i used to watch.    getting tired of all this exclusive garbage that just ends up sucking even more money out of each of us,  just for the access.   i dont enjoy having 10 different content providers to wrestle with.

also,  not everybody has top of the line access to amazing internet.   the US is one of the absolute worse when it comes to internet accessibility and speeds.   

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Already have Prime for shipping. The TV stuff is bonus.

My wife and I have packages coming quite regularly.

If I can avoid going to the store I'm using Amazon

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not when it's broadcast only on NFL Network where it averaged around 7.5 million viewers.  The bump came when Fox also carried the game (averaged 16.4 million).  ESPN/ESPN2 averaged around 13.5 million with the combined regular coverage and Manning Cast.

It'll be interesting to see how Amazon does without a major tv network carrying the game simultaneously.  I'm guessing it will be closer to the 7.5 million viewership average.

Viewership limited by subscription, not by being unpopular or "bad games".  Once on network, number exploded, as you noted.

Numbers will go down with Amazon.  NFL won't care

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

People love giving their money to a Billionaire instead of supporting small local businesses.  Then B word about mega corporations monopolizing everything. 

The mom & pop shops in my neighborhood have yet to figure a way for me to see my Bills games in my family room.  🤷‍♂️

I’m all for local, especially with restaurants. I avoid chains at all costs. But there IS a certain convenience that comes with shopping on line. We get stuff at the door almost every day without having to waste time and gas driving around town finding the exact same thing. Actually, on line you generally get a larger selection of items. There is a value added by this convenience. I’m not supporting a Billionaire, I’m doing what’s best for me. If he found a way to make my life better, good for him and thank you! But then, I don’t resent rich people. In fact, I’d love to be one of them some day! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

If you don't have an Amazon Prime account you're out of luck.  The Prime Video broadcasts aren't available through the regular out-of-country links because it's a closed network not ABC, CBS, FOX or the NFL Network.

Tonight, I had to watch the Yankees vs. Clevland baseball game on Amazon Prime.  No other channels could broadcast the game.  They were advertising NFL Thursday night games on Amazon Prime.

Am I confused?   Are there other options? 

Opinions?

So, how was the experience? Were there freeze ups? The picture and sound were OK? Commercials not too annoying?

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

The mom & pop shops in my neighborhood have yet to figure a way for me to see my Bills games in my family room.  🤷‍♂️

I’m all for local, especially with restaurants. I avoid chains at all costs. But there IS a certain convenience that comes with shopping on line. We get stuff at the door almost every day without having to waste time and gas driving around town finding the exact same thing. Actually, on line you generally get a larger selection of items. There is a value added by this convenience. I’m not supporting a Billionaire, and doing what’s best for me. If he found a way to make my life better, good for him and thank you! But then, I don’t resent rich people. In fact, I’d love to be one of them some day! 

I didn’t say anything about resenting the rich.  I agree with you there are times it’s very useful to have a service like Amazon.  However I do see how destructive it is to buy most of your goods from one or two companies that monopolize and create an unhealthy economic structure.  I’m pretty sure you are rich enough for a good life. No need to envy people richer.  They aren’t necessarily happier.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Who to believe??!!

Apple 🍎 or Amazon???

2 separate things.

Amazon taking Thursday night. Apple is rumored to be taking the NFL Sunday Ticket from DIRECTV after 2022. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Viewership limited by subscription, not by being unpopular or "bad games".  Once on network, number exploded, as you noted.

Numbers will go down with Amazon.  NFL won't care

That was my point before you brought up MNF ratings.  Only the diehard fans will subscribe and they’re pry the least likely to have Prime.  Smart move by Amazon.

13 minutes ago, T&C said:

This article is a year old... is it still legit?

Yes, it appears so. Everything I’m reading says it will be exclusive to Amazon prime starting in 2022

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/2/16/22933353/the-nfls-deal-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football-could-have-fans-missing-games-news-update

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/amazons-thursday-night-football-package-will-begin-in-2022-instead-of-2023.html

I’m still a bit surprised they won’t be on NFL network but it looks like 15 games will be exclusive to Amazon. The games will also air in their local markets still, so Bills fans without amazon prime shouldn’t have to miss any bills games.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yes, it appears so.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/2/16/22933353/the-nfls-deal-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football-could-have-fans-missing-games-news-update

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/03/amazons-thursday-night-football-package-will-begin-in-2022-instead-of-2023.html

I’m still a bit surprised they won’t be on NFL network but it looks like 15 games will be exclusive to Amazon. The games will also air in their local markets still, so Bills fans without amazon prime shouldn’t have to miss any bills games.

Well, we're Bills fans without amazon prime but don't live in WNY right now so basically this is telling me that I'm going to have to link a chromebook to the tv and watch like that through one of my sources. I already have to add Sling Orange to the Sling Blue for football season just to watch the MNF game and I'm not going to add yet another service just to watch football............... which used to be free. ***** that.

• Like (+1) 1

I simply wouldn't incur a monthly cost specifically (and only) to watch a TNF game!

I'm assuming there will be ways to watch this stuff for free anyway.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

If you don't have an Amazon Prime account you're out of luck.  The Prime Video broadcasts aren't available through the regular out-of-country links because it's a closed network not ABC, CBS, FOX or the NFL Network.

Tonight, I had to watch the Yankees vs. Clevland baseball game on Amazon Prime.  No other channels could broadcast the game.  They were advertising NFL Thursday night games on Amazon Prime.

Am I confused?   Are there other options? 

Opinions?

local market regular TV will still exist.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's great.  Cheaper than cable.  I cut the cord a while ago.  For NFL I do use legal means to watch, so no shenanigans on my end.  I think the reason Internet connection prices continue to increase as much as they do is because people are getting rid of old school TV subscriptions and using various streaming services instead.  I don't need nor miss "cable".   

I'm fine with it. Honestly I usually watch TNF on my phone while lay in bed. I don't generally stay up for the end of TNF as I work Fridays, so as long as I can still lay in bed and watch on my phone, I'm all good