Is everyone ready for games on Amazon Prime Video??

RunJoshRun

If you don't have an Amazon Prime account you're out of luck.  The Prime Video broadcasts aren't available through the regular out-of-country links because it's a closed network not ABC, CBS, FOX or the NFL Network.

Tonight, I had to watch the Yankees vs. Clevland baseball game on Amazon Prime.  No other channels could broadcast the game.  They were advertising NFL Thursday night games on Amazon Prime.

Am I confused?   Are there other options? 

Opinions?

• Angry 1

I’ll be watching the games. They will test the limits on pricing, just like they do with seats and suites. When (if?) interest wanes, pricing will relent. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Not loving it, just accepting what I see as facts. 

Stadiums are getting a bit smaller. You keep more home money selling suites, and it’s frankly a better game on HDTV from your couch these days. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Since my Prime charge is going up in Canada, I hope that means I'll get TNF here.  A lot of NFL services don't work up in Canada, despite them constantly advertising the services to me.

You will get the Thursday night games. It comes with the Amazon prime account here in Canada. What you should get is DAZN. Best NFL package by far and way less than our American friends are forced to pay

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You will get the Thursday night games. It comes with the Amazon prime account here in Canada. What you should get is DAZN. Best NFL package by far and way less than our American friends are forced to pay

I don't have cable.  Literally the only thing I watch on/from TV is sports at my friend's house, or "at Justin's place".

NFL games in actual 4K is a good thing.

Love watching the Yankees games in 4K on Prime.

The picture quality of network broadcasted NFL games on Time Warner or DirecTV is pathetic...........especially if it's a Fox broadcast.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Smart move by Amazon as I'm guessing the least likely Prime subscribers are the NFL's most hardcore audience.  The one's who always watch TNF.  

TNF is always a massive ratings getter, regularly beating MNF.  It's not just the most hardcore audience.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

TNF is always a massive ratings getter, regularly beating MNF.  It's not just the most hardcore audience.

REALLY? i believe you, its just shocking. all i ever see is people complaining the games suck.  im a junkie, so thursday gives me my fix between monday and sunday.... but I feel like im about the only one who enjoys them

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

REALLY? i believe you, its just shocking. all i ever see is people complaining the games suck.  im a junkie, so thursday gives me my fix between monday and sunday.... but I feel like im about the only one who enjoys them

People repeat the same bits as true that can easily proven false with a quick search.  Happens a lot....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not when it's broadcast only on NFL Network where it averaged around 7.5 million viewers.  The bump came when Fox also carried the game (averaged 16.4 million).  ESPN/ESPN2 averaged around 13.5 million with the combined regular coverage and Manning Cast.

It'll be interesting to see how Amazon does without a major tv network carrying the game simultaneously.  I'm guessing it will be closer to the 7.5 million viewership average.

9 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

If you don't have an Amazon Prime account you're out of luck.  The Prime Video broadcasts aren't available through the regular out-of-country links because it's a closed network not ABC, CBS, FOX or the NFL Network.

Tonight, I had to watch the Yankees vs. Clevland baseball game on Amazon Prime.  No other channels could broadcast the game.  They were advertising NFL Thursday night games on Amazon Prime.

Am I confused?   Are there other options? 

Opinions?

Get a stream box. Watch whatever the F you want. All of it and everything!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

NFL games in actual 4K is a good thing.

Love watching the Yankees games in 4K on Prime.

The picture quality of network broadcasted NFL games on Time Warner or DirecTV is pathetic...........especially if it's a Fox broadcast.

Agreed! 4k broadcasts are soooo much better! Actually, I find most streaming is even when it’s just 1080p since Cable only broadcasts in 720p.

Just fyi, if you download the fox sports app they show some games in 4k. They have MLB and college football in 4k as well. You have to have a supported device though (can’t remember off-hand what was supported). 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Who to believe??!!

Apple 🍎 or Amazon???

Amazon will have the Thursday night games again, like they did last season. 

NFL network still carried them as well though, which I’m guessing will be the case again this season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I don't have cable.  Literally the only thing I watch on/from TV is sports at my friend's house, or "at Justin's place".

DAZN is online. I don’t have cable either. No sense in spending that kind of money to not get what I want. Who knows, it might even be nice for Justin to go “to your place” for a game or two this year.