Li'l Help . . .with Jersey Name Swap

Never NEVER Give-up

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get all the snarky responses. I don't think it's unreasonable to switch a nameplate. I have a Donte Whitner stitched jersey I'd be happy to get the nameplate switched on.

because the napkins line was lame . Because when you ask for help you should give basic info like where you are located. And because “someone who sews” is a pretty obvious answer to the question.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I bet if you priced out the difference between changing the name plate and buying a new Diggs jersey from DH Gate, the price would be the same/close. 

But you run the risk of getting a dud for DH Gate. Changing the name plate isnt being cheap, you remodel kitchens and bathrooms in your home. Buying that Chinese crap is cheap

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

But you run the risk of getting a dud for DH Gate. Changing the name plate isnt being cheap, you remodel kitchens and bathrooms in your home. Buying that Chinese crap is cheap

I have only had positive experiences with DH Gate. In fact, my DH Gate jerseys are much better quality than my official NFL one.

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have only had positive experiences with DH Gate. In fact, my DH Gate jerseys are much better quality than my official NFL one.

I’ve a few you can’t tell the difference and others I felt terrible even donating they looked so bad. Like officiating, I just want consistency

Edited by uticaclub
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

mileage varies though - personally my experience has been the same as yours; everything I’ve ordered from there has turned out well. But I’ve had friends get some messed up things from there.

• Like (+1) 1

Any team giving this POS a job will only further the narrative that the NFL is a win at any cost business.  They try to promote so much positive blah blah blah but allow scum like this to continue. 

if he does gain employment the team gets everything they deserve when he implodes.  

And this same notion goes for The Browns and the Watson deal. I’ll be loving the day Watson causes them to become insolvent and the team moves to London or wherever.  Too bad for the fans, but a message needs to be sent to owners. 

there is enough talent out there who just don’t come with this much baggage. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, Wacka said:

I read it right away as bad voice-to-text.  Could try Al Ross in West Seneca.  They make all kinds of jerseys for HS athletes.

It’s admirable to give the benefit of the doubt, but… why would Siri capitalize Napkins?

23 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get all the snarky responses. I don't think it's unreasonable to switch a nameplate. I have a Donte Whitner stitched jersey I'd be happy to get the nameplate switched on.

To Hitner?

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Any team giving this POS a job will only further the narrative that the NFL is a win at any cost business.  They try to promote so much positive blah blah blah but allow scum like this to continue. 

if he does gain employment the team gets everything they deserve when he implodes.  

And this same notion goes for The Browns and the Watson deal. I’ll be loving the day Watson causes them to become insolvent and the team moves to London or wherever.  Too bad for the fans, but a message needs to be sent to owners. 

there is enough talent out there who just don’t come with this much baggage. 

This seems just a wee bit over the top. Sammy may be bonkers and certainly never lived up to his pre-draft hype, but his circus pales in comparison to someone like Antonio Brown. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transient said:

This seems just a wee bit over the top. Sammy may be bonkers and certainly never lived up to his pre-draft hype, but his circus pales in comparison to someone like Antonio Brown. 

Wow you are right.  This was supposed to be in the updated Antonio Brown thread.  Not sure how I did that.  Thanks for the heads up.  Watkins is just an annoyance and disappointment-and as such no scorched earth towards him.  

On 4/22/2022 at 10:35 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Years ago I took an old Trent Edwards jersey to a small mom and pop shop in Cheektowaga, off of Dick Road I think, and had it converted to a Tyrod jersey.  They had a shop in their garage and did some work for the Sabres if I'm not mistaken.  Did a nice job of it, but sadly I don't recall the company name.

Trent to Tyrod😂😡😭

• Agree 1

Wow!  Thanks for the constructive responses.  A few thoughts:

• Napkins is a derision toward his softness and unavailability.  Sammy is a great talent, if/when he plays.
  • I appreciate the constructive tips and am surprised by the snarky troll-ish behavior by too many.
  • My daughter feels like she wasted her money and wanted to update her jersey - just a dad trying to help out.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

There are some sellers on eBay who make tackle twill numbers & NOB lettering, that are adhesive when ironed… but really have to be stitched for permanency. I did a Red Sox jersey from a blank with my own last name — because I can’t be traded or sign with another team — and it came out great. Sewing it all on as well as some extra stuff was $70 (I think I got gouged there but 🤷🏻‍♂️). If you know someone who can sew that makes it all the more economical and anyone halfway talented can make it look no different from factory finish. I got a crash course in sewing a few months ago from a neighbor, using my mum’s old and sturdy Singer sewing machine, to make a repair on an LLBean dog bed that had a wear hole in one spot.

And screw anyone who says this is being “cheap” because it’s literally part of the three Rs ♻️. Fashion & textile waste is a sizable % of landfill. Make do and mend, as the old phrase went.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

I have used Sorrento's on Sheridan Drive in Tonawanda. They are next to Teds Hot Dogs and across the street from Andersons. They did a great job, I dropped it off and they mailed it back to me in NY. 

You mean Sorrentino's.  I know Kevin and the family well.

They'll take good care of you there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.