Devonte Wyatt DT- Could this be our #1 Pick?

PrimeTime101

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

LOL I'm just going to make up character issues and portray the guy as a domestic abuser and then walk away, that's pretty gross. Read an article, he kicked in a door to a house he was living at with a girl because he couldn't get it, it was characterized as domestic because they lived there together. She was reportedly not home and was not upset about the incident. Now if there were other facts surrounding this, like she was home then I would give some credence to claims he has problems. Show some accountability for what you claim, laughing it off is weak. 

Again someone posed the question why he would be dropping and I said character issues are why he is reportedly dropping. I don’t have a care if he goes 10 or 30 just stated why he was reportedly dropping. I actually had him at 13 to the Texans in my mock 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Again someone posed the question why he would be dropping and I said character issues are why he is reportedly dropping. I don’t have a care if he goes 10 or 30 just stated why he was reportedly dropping. I actually had him at 13 to the Texans in my mock 

The only reason he drops is because of the need for CB in this crop and the want for playmakers. The first article to say he was dropping was WalterFootball then the rumors spread from there.... GMS look at facts not rumors.. he wont drop and if he does it wont be past round 1

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

again... what pattern? there was one instance?

THANK YOU!

What part of "Repeated Domestic Violence" did you not understand.  That was the title of the Walter Football article for which there was a link on the front page.  Specifically, the article points out 3 additional incidents that private detectives uncovered when they researched Wyatt on behalf of a number of NFL teams.  The article did not say whether or not there were arrests in those cases, but teams don't need arrests to decide they don't want him on their draft boards.  The article states several teams have done so.

12 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

What part of "Repeated Domestic Violence" did you not understand.  That was the title of the Walter Football article for which there was a link on the front page.  Specifically, the article points out 3 additional incidents that private detectives uncovered when they researched Wyatt on behalf of a number of NFL teams.  The article did not say whether or not there were arrests in those cases, but teams don't need arrests to decide they don't want him on their draft boards.  The article states several teams have done so.

your the only one saying repeated

17 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

The only reason he drops is because of the need for CB in this crop and the want for playmakers. The first article to say he was dropping was WalterFootball then the rumors spread from there.... GMS look at facts not rumors.. he wont drop and if he does it wont be past round 1

So what are facts and what are rumors that the GMs have heard.

If as according to Walter (which I think is just about the least reputable site imaginable) the Private Detectives looking into the background of this player for the GMs has uncovered at least 3 cases of potential domestic violence and presented that to the GMs - that would make that a fact in their eye - not a rumor.  That would definitely lead to increased questions and scrutiny over other actions.

If on the other hand - it is just additional Walter BS and it was not data provided to GMs by background detectives - then it is 100% rumor and should have little impact.

The issue is we the general public do not have all of the facts and the rumors that the GMs have to sort through.  It can be especially difficult at larger colleges and universities that do “internal review” of suspected cases by campus police and withhold information from real police and the public - especially as related to sexual assault or DV on campus.

I don’t know what the truth is, but even rumors of multiple DV could cause some teams to question where to place him on the board - just as song and TV show lyrics on Twitter could cause exams to question a player like Josh Allen.

Edited by Rochesterfan

18 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

So what are facts and what are rumors that the GMs have heard.

If as according to Walter (which I think is just about the least reputable site imaginable) the Private Detectives looking into the background of this player for the GMs has uncovered at least 3 cases of potential domestic violence and presented that to the GMs - that would make that a fact in their eye - not a rumor.  That would definitely lead to increased questions and scrutiny over other actions.

If on the other hand - it is just additional Walter BS and it was not data provided to GMs by background detectives - then it is 100% rumor and should have little impact.

The issue is we the general public do not have all of the facts and the rumors that the GMs have to sort through.  It can be especially difficult at larger colleges and universities that do “internal review” of suspected cases by campus police and withhold information from real police and the public - especially as related to sexual assault or DV on campus.

I don’t know what the truth is, but even rumors of multiple DV could cause some teams to question where to place him on the board - just as song and TV show lyrics on Twitter could cause exams to question a player like Josh Allen.

Walter has put stuff like this out with players every year and most of the time Walter is full of it. IF i can sort through the bs through google... sure enough the GMS already have the facts.. but yea.. you are 100% spot on sir

We just loaded up on DT with Settle, Jackson, and J. Phillips.  We also loaded up on DE with Von, Shaq, already have Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham.  

We’re going CB, then not in this order, but WR, TE, G, and RB.  We will finish this draft with a punter.  It’s cool as LS, Punters, Kickers are all able to compete during OTA’s so don’t be surprised if someone else gets holding duties for K.

Again, after the 1st and 2nd picks, they probably really will go BPA at the needed positions so if there is a better G  in RD 3 than RB in RD 3, they’ll take the G.  I keep reading the heartiest part of this draft is not RD 1, but real value in RD a. 2-4.  I expect Bean to be Beane and bundle picks to move up of he can find trade partners.

• Like (+1) 1

Prime, every time I read you’re posts, I constantly think back to when my kids were little, they would climb into bed with my ex, and we’d watch as a group, ITS PRIMETIME!  

Find memories brotha, but NBC screwed it up with their show.  My boys absolutely loved the Whoop, rumblin bumblin, and so on.  Classic ESPN when it was good.  Unlike now where it’s a bunch of idiots just trying to outdo every hot take.

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Did you read through the Walter Football article?  It's right there in the text.  I'm not a huge fan of Walter Football's draft "insight," but there's nothing wrong with his reporting.

Dude you actually trust what they right? dont you find it strange that there is no other sources connected to the garbage they say? Dont you ever wonder why the chargers were dropped that the police sited that the issue was no where near as bad as it originally looked? did you read my other link i put later in this threat siting that it was once instance and it was 3 counts not 3 different times? bro....

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Prime, every time I read you’re posts, I constantly think back to when my kids were little, they would climb into bed with my ex, and we’d watch as a group, ITS PRIMETIME!  

Find memories brotha, but NBC screwed it up with their show.  My boys absolutely loved the Whoop, rumblin bumblin, and so on.  Classic ESPN when it was good.  Unlike now where it’s a bunch of idiots just trying to outdo every hot take.

:D thanks

On 4/23/2022 at 2:57 PM, TBBills said:

They go BPA according to need.

I think so, but then there are exceptions.  If Trevor Penning falls to 25….would you pass on him if the top 5 WRs and CBs are gone?  

yeah, I know, he likely won’t fall….. but I’d be pissed if they passed on Penning if the 1st round graded WRs and CBs are already taken 

• Agree 2

Here's an article about the Steelers taking Wyatt off their board.  The same article has this quote, "But according to reports NFL teams have found through their own sources 3 other cases of domestic violence linked to Wyatt."  Unfortunately, it does not specify a source for those reports, and it's possible their source is Walter Football. 

17 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Here's an article about the Steelers taking Wyatt off their board.  The same article has this quote, "But according to reports NFL teams have found through their own sources 3 other cases of domestic violence linked to Wyatt."  Unfortunately, it does not specify a source for those reports, and it's possible their source is Walter Football. 

link?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.