Devonte Wyatt DT- Could this be our #1 Pick?

PrimeTime101

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

lol ok I just stated that’s the reason word is he’s dropping, I don’t really care about what happened exactly. Just stated he’s dropping down the board due to accusations Bam…lol

there needs to be content to statements... it was a one time thing and a one time thing does not mean the dude has character issues...

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Interesting thing you add to this Augie. Would you then Trade Ed for a lower second round pick?

Or do you play them out for a critical year, and hope to get maybe a 3rd round comp pick for Ed? They’ve already added a lot at DT, but they don’t ALL have to make the roster. I have no clue whatsoever. This is the season of unfounded speculation! 

BRING ON THE DRAFT!!! 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Trevor Penning

He is not making past pick 15 if that...

There are so many potential play makers in this draft it will be impossible for one not to be there. I'm guessing George Pickens, Christian Watson or Johan Dotson will be there at the minimum. None of them would be a bad pick at our position.   Or we could go S at that point in Cine or heck draft another DE if the board falls like that a talented one might fall. Lots of options..

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Fact Bomb time.

1. It was not multiple instances... it was 3 counts on one charge thats it.

2. The chargers were dropped due to the "incident was not that serious"

3. Charges got dropped.

https://footballsapient.com/2022/04/18/georgia-football-rumors-dont-accurately-portray-devonte-wyatt/

Bam...

Websites like Walterfootball has taken this story way to far.....

Yes, but most colleges are known for underplaying any kind of violence and sexual abuse for their college players.

Somehow these things get pushed under the rug and the “University” investigates and finds nothing and then turns it over to police preventing actual findings.

We will see how serious it is by how much he drops and if he is truly off some teams boards.  Right now is smoke bomb season and everything must be taken with a grain of salt or maybe a few pounds.

42 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Some have Wyatt sliding up.. some down... so I figure I would put a little scouting report with highlights on the dude :D

Devonte Wyatt

6'3, 304 (could add another 10 pounds easy)

Ran a 4.77 at combine

Honors

All-Sect First team

Defensive Lineman of the week

(Had a Solid Senior Bowl)

Pro's

Solid eye discipline (he is really great at reading what the guards are doing)

Great horizontal movement on running plays (has a strong move against pulling guards)

Good "Pop" to his play (gets up in a hurry for a big man... his energy he brings to the table is real)

Nasty first step (uses his leverage really well)

Great use of hands (Has a good slap to chest type of bull rush)

Great Quickness for a "Big Man"

Personal Pro

Really great at predicting when the ball comes out of the QB's hands. (Does not sell out on the pump fakes)

Con's

His Pass rush moves needs to be better developed

Length for the position not great

He seems to get his hands in the wrong places as the play is extended

Personal Con's

He tries to predict the snap count way to often.. gets caught. 

One Trick Pony

Highlights

Final Thoughts

IF this is BPA for positional need, will I flip out if we choose him with playmakers still there? I don't know. I don't see the need for this position other then for the future.

I personally think his low end is serviceable and his high end is good not great thus this could be a "process" decision made here.

He is a true leader.

Prediction

Some have this guy falling to late first round early second round, Others have him taken by pick 20. I think he falls right to us but because we have higher positions of value on this team he gets by us. I do not think we pick him but wanted to give some food for thought. 

Thanks for the rundown. I think if a great DE or DL falls to 25 he’ll be the pick. Having said that, I don’t know who would fit that Bill.

The only one I can think of is Ojabo…. He has a very high ceiling but not that high of a floor…. The big point here is that you are right, if the right DL is there for Beane he’ll take him. It could be a mostly defensive draft… something like: DL, WR, CB, OG, CB, RB, LB, P….

I sure hope they know what they’re doing. I think we need a strong draft to win the Super Bowl…. But it could be mostly offense as well…. Tradedown…. RB, WR, CB, CB, OG, DT, LB, P…. I like both ways except that I know if our offense runs into injuries we’re going to lose. So, if we go offensive there’s a lot better depth offensively….and we can keep the scoring matching going…. I think we need an outside WR bad. And a big RB upgrade with Hall would be stupendous…. Plus a good guard for solid depth on the OL…. We’ll be perhaps the best offense of all-time. I like the sound of that! It seems we can get more impact on offense besides. The offensive players seem higher rated than their counterparts.  And a first-round (or early second) RB can make a huge impact. In the second we might be able to get the last big, strong, fast WR …Have him alternate with Diggs and Davis right off the bat. It’s a need, imho.

You can’t expect Diggs and Davis to play over 90% or anything like that. We could be crippled if either gets hurt if we don’t draft one. And like I said, this is the year to do it!

So…. I hope we go more O than D this draft. That trade down is perfect. Get Hill around 34…. Go WR in the second or even trade up if we have to to get a premium outside WR in the 2nd… Then hit CB two times in a row in the third. Get a real good pair hopefully.

Then get our guard in the fourth… the big needs end there. But then hit LB (a smaller need) DL and P…. Something like that…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Thanks for the rundown. I think if a great DE or DL falls to 25 he’ll be the pick. Having said that, I don’t know who would fit that Bill.

The only one I can think of is Ojabo…. He has a very high ceiling but not that high of a floor…. The big point here is that you are right, if the right DL is there for Beane he’ll take him. It could be a mostly defensive draft… something like: DL, WR, CB, OG, CB, RB, LB, P….

I sure hope they know what they’re doing. I think we need a strong draft to win the Super Bowl…. But it could be mostly offense as well…. Tradedown…. RB, WR, CB, CB, OG, DT, LB, P…. I like both ways except that I know if our offense runs into injuries we’re going to lose. So, if we go offensive there’s a lot better depth offensively….and we can keep the scoring matching going…. I think we need an outside WR bad. And a big RB upgrade with Hall would be stupendous…. Plus a good guard for solid depth on the OL…. We’ll be perhaps the best offense of all-time. I like the sound of that! It seems we can get more impact on offense besides. The offensive players seem higher rated than their counterparts.  And a first-round (or early second) RB can make a huge impact. In the second we might be able to get the last big, strong, fast WR …Have him alternate with Diggs and Davis right off the bat. It’s a need, imho.

You can’t expect Diggs and Davis to play over 90% or anything like that. We could be crippled if either gets hurt if we don’t draft one. And like I said, this is the year to do it!

So…. I hope we go more O than D this draft. That trade down is perfect. Get Hill around 34…. Go WR in the second or even trade up if we have to to get a premium outside WR in the 2nd… Then hit CB two times in a row in the third. Get a real good pair hopefully.

Then get our guard in the fourth… the big needs end there. But then hit LB (a smaller need) DL and P…. Something like that…

Thanks for answering this with more then one word. Everything you said here makes 100% sense. 

19 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yes, but most colleges are known for underplaying any kind of violence and sexual abuse for their college players.

Somehow these things get pushed under the rug and the “University” investigates and finds nothing and then turns it over to police preventing actual findings.

We will see how serious it is by how much he drops and if he is truly off some teams boards.  Right now is smoke bomb season and everything must be taken with a grain of salt or maybe a few pounds.

Yea, but news articles would rather post drama on a player then the good for the most part. I really do not read anything into it

37 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

where you read this?

Athlon. Summary.  He has some rough edges as a pass rusher. He has the functionality to play with the big boys and the quickness to threaten gaps.. Weak points.  Wyatt is unrefined as a pass rusher especially with his  hand usage. Final grade 2nd round.

Strong points.  He is one of the most disruptive up field defender.  There is more but its late and not wanting to type the whole scouting report.

10 hours ago, eee1776 said:

Athlon. Summary.  He has some rough edges as a pass rusher. He has the functionality to play with the big boys and the quickness to threaten gaps.. Weak points.  Wyatt is unrefined as a pass rusher especially with his  hand usage. Final grade 2nd round.

Strong points.  He is one of the most disruptive up field defender.  There is more but its late and not wanting to type the whole scouting report.

lmao round 2 huh? we see

13 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Multiple reports of abuse and they can only name one time though? IDK we all make mistakes in life but if he has had multiple instances of Abuse, why did he get through college? IDK MAN

Thats the only reason I did a workup on this dude. After more reading he had 0 character issues during the last year of college. If he had so many reports of abuse on him, why was he allowed to finish College Football? interesting huh?

If the Bills think there is a pattern of behavior here, that seems like a major con for Beane.

19 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Word is he’s dropping due to some character concerns that are coming out about him 

18 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

lol ok I just stated that’s the reason word is he’s dropping, I don’t really care about what happened exactly. Just stated he’s dropping down the board due to accusations Bam…lol

LOL I'm just going to make up character issues and portray the guy as a domestic abuser and then walk away, that's pretty gross. Read an article, he kicked in a door to a house he was living at with a girl because he couldn't get it, it was characterized as domestic because they lived there together. She was reportedly not home and was not upset about the incident. Now if there were other facts surrounding this, like she was home then I would give some credence to claims he has problems. Show some accountability for what you claim, laughing it off is weak. 

5 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

If the Bills think there is a pattern of behavior here, that seems like a major con for Beane.

again... what pattern? there was one instance?

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

LOL I'm just going to make up character issues and portray the guy as a domestic abuser and then walk away, that's pretty gross. Read an article, he kicked in a door to a house he was living at with a girl because he couldn't get it, it was characterized as domestic because they lived there together. She was reportedly not home and was not upset about the incident. Now if there were other facts surrounding this, like she was home then I would give some credence to claims he has problems. Show some accountability for what you claim, laughing it off is weak. 

THANK YOU!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.