Giants are shopping Kadarius Toney

HappyDays

Maybe he's a dope and immature and a malcontent. If it's all that, then it's too much, but there might be extenuating circumstances for being unhappy like the above post indicates. Immature you can work on. I don't think you can fix stupid. Let's say he's not a rockhead. Then the reason you might take him on and pass on one of the talented wrs available in the draft is if you rate his talent as first round level. If you get a wr with that tier in a later round, you can invest the first two or three picks elsewhere and still get a wr with impact potential. Anyway, that's the argument for looking into it, which I'm pretty sure Beane will do his due diligence on.

• Like (+1) 1

If Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll took one look at this guy and said "I don't care that he was a first round pick, I want him gone immediately", it's hard to imagine him being a culture fit in Buffalo.

I mean, if it's for a 6th or 7th round pick, then sure. Otherwise, likely not worth the time or effort.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Logic said:

If Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll took one look at this guy and said "I don't care that he was a first round pick, I want him gone immediately", it's hard to imagine him being a culture fit in Buffalo.

I mean, if it's for a 6th or 7th round pick, then sure. Otherwise, likely not worth the time or effort.

This is where I am at.   It really depends on the compensation.

And I kind of think the opposite with the Schoen/Daboll connection......if they left in good terms with McBeane then it would actually be EASIER to facilitate a trade (provided he is worth it)

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Bingo! 

I also cannot believe those giving him a complete pass because "Judge is a jerk". Ever work for a real idiot? Did you publicly complain and act like an ass? 

Plus, Judge is GONE. This is his chance for a new beginning with a completely new GM and HC. 

Too many red flags for me.

• Like (+1) 2

Who knows what's being said behind the scenes? With all the talent in this years draft and the rumors surrounding this guy, makes it probable that teams will wait to see if the Giants simply cut him, then scoop him up later on the cheap.

Edited by Rockinon

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

Bingo! 

I also cannot believe those giving him a complete pass because "Judge is a jerk". Ever work for a real idiot? Did you publicly complain and act like an ass? 

Plus, Judge is GONE. This is his chance for a new beginning with a completely new GM and HC. 

Too many red flags for me.

I am totally out of the loop on the situation did Tony actually say things on Twitter or something that made him look like a bad Apple I’m asking because I don’t know

On 4/23/2022 at 1:55 AM, GunnerBill said:

I don't know why Daboll and Schoen are keen to move off him, maybe it is all character issues, I don't pretend to have the answer on that. I do, however, know that my biggest knock on him coming out was route running. He has some Stevie Johnson in him. He runs every route his own way, he is sloppy coming out of breaks and he doesn't get to his landmarks consistently. There is no doubt he is dynamic with the ball in his hands, but if you think about the Daboll offense it is about sharp, precise route running that requires the receivers to read the defense and adjust their routes and puts a lot on their plate in that regard. Someone who does his own thing like Toney doesn't scream immediate fit. Whether it works for the Bills depends on how much Dorsey is sticking with what they had, and how much he is willing to adjust. Whether it is worth it price wise depends on how much the Giants are after and what the truth is character wise. 

I think it has to be character concerns.

21 hours ago, mannc said:

Suspended in college for “not living up to the Gator standard” is pretty hilarious.

I’d probably do it for a 3d or 4th…

Yeah really. Is the Gator Standard actually written somewhere or is just a feeling?

21 hours ago, Yantha said:

Good points.  I guess the hope when they drafted him was to coach him to being less sloppy but his character just wouldn't allow it.

Being an NFL football player is a privilege and I can't stand "attitude players".

Send him to McDonalds for minimum wage.

It's weird that he would skip the first two voluntary workouts of his career.

20 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I would like to get K Toney and Bradberry (at half salary)  for a 3rd and Epenesa.

This would make toney a low risk add-on, either he shows a change in attitude or he is gone and the Bills still have filled the CB spot.

For the Giants they would get reduced salary and have the new team make a strong stand against head cases.

There's a lot of things I would like.

20 hours ago, H2o said:

This situation reminds me a lot of what the Titans went through with Isaiah Wilson a year ago. Wilson, a former 1st Round pick, was traded to the Dolphins and bounced into the street. He's not in the league right now, 2 years after being a first round pick. 

Wasn't there a legal entanglement or am I confused?

19 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I gotta say if Beane is interested (not saying he is) you'd think we have the inside track to land him.

Our front offices have close ties and its cross conference. Seems like a good candidate to move during draft day to move around the board.

It's funny. Everyone and their mother is expecting a sweetheart deal from Schoen.

I wonder if Giants fans are expecting the same thing?

The reports about Tony being traded have started to change. Now it seems, the Giants aren't shopping Toney at all. Just "listening".   And now he is back at the Giants' facility.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/25/report-giants-more-listening-than-shopping-kadarius-toney/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/25/reports-kadarius-toney-at-giants-facility-monday/

So is Toney is going to get traded for just a low draft pick or cut?  If he's not that big of a jerk and is willing to work with the new leadership, then I think he'll stay with the Giants. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I don't know why he has been so bad for the Giants but what option would he be for the Bills on their offense? The 6th most dangerous option at best? You don't spend much on your 6th or 7th choice 

He'd be by far our most dangerous YAC guy. He wasn't bad last year. Him and judge butted heads over playing time, but he looked untackle-able with the ball in hands. Great guy to get in 4 and 5 wr sets, and a few bubble screens to every game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.