Jump to content

Giants are shopping Kadarius Toney


HappyDays
 Share

Recommended Posts

Epenesa for Toney and a 6th.  Who says no

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Pass on Divas.  Florida football program is a joke the past few years.  And then a year in the Big Apple where he was one of the bad apples.  

Dont have to LIKE everyone on the team.  His skill set with Allen would be a problem.  
 

Worst case he flames out.  Best case oh my. 

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mat68 said:

Epenesa for Toney and a 6th.  Who says no

Not me. If Schoen has some attachment to Epenesa he can have him in this deal. I just can not see any player in the 3rd or later bringing what this guy does.

 

Character concerns? I don't care if he's difficult to work with. Dorsey/McD are professional coaches. Work through it as best as you can. Even if its only a year or two, this guy is a threat to take it to the house EVERY play. Not to mention the impact of what he'd open up for Diggs/Davis. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Not me. If Schoen has some attachment to Epenesa he can have him in this deal. I just can not see any player in the 3rd or later bringing what this guy does.

 

Character concerns? I don't care if he's difficult to work with. Dorsey/McD are professional coaches. Work through it as best as you can. Even if its only a year or two, this guy is a threat to take it to the house EVERY play. Not to mention the impact of what he'd open up for Diggs/Davis. 

I look at it as a way to get a 2nd rd player for a first rd player.  I dont see anyone paying a day 2 pick for him.  A way to save face and allows Buffalo to move on for a guy who could be a different guy in our culture and with our Qb. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

should be fairly easy. plenty of friends in NY, and he was just drafted last year (should be scouted well). This doesnt feel like a move our FO makes, but dang this would tip the scales. KC lost Tyreek, and we swing the closest comp you can get to him. Plus hes an absolutely electric return man.


“Return man” Got my attention. Start him there. Give him a chance to work his way into the O. Maybe the change of scene - with our mature leaders - helps him wake up and be a pro.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Why do people keep saying he's not a "process" guy. The kid is talented. Remember we was pretty close to signing AB couple years back. Give him a shot.

Remember AB was freaking out at this possibility of going to Buffalo and didn’t want to be here as the Bills weren’t looked at as the powerhouse they are now. So he went to the Raiders good for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:


“Return man” Got my attention. Start him there. Give him a chance to work his way into the O. Maybe the change of scene - with our mature leaders - helps him wake up and be a pro.

I have never seen a player move like this. Tyreek is faster but can't move anything like this. Look @ the play at 00:40 mark.  His whole reel is doing stuff like this. I don't care who blasts me, this would be bigger than the Von Deal, and for next to nothing. Stick him in the slot, with Diggs and Davis.... how are you going to stop any of them? We're the Chiefs offense (with a better D and better QB) if we pull this off.

 

BEANE AFTER DARK WAAAAAAAKE UPPPPPPPPPPP

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So this thread is mentioning character concerns. Anyone know what those are with him? Obviously, it is a red flag when you want to move on from a 1st rounder after one season, but that stuff happens sometimes with major regime changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Epenesa for Toney and a 6th.  Who says no

Dont have to LIKE everyone on the team.  His skill set with Allen would be a problem.  
 

Worst case he flames out.  Best case oh my. 

No TDs in 46 percent of offensive snaps and no impact in return game as a Rookie

 

I see TJ Graham Part Deux. Only add in diva mentality with gangbanger baggage.  Easy pass for me

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJS said:

So this thread is mentioning character concerns. Anyone know what those are with him? Obviously, it is a red flag when you want to move on from a 1st rounder after one season, but that stuff happens sometimes with major regime changes.

 

 

"In 2018, Toney was among seven Florida players suspended for “not living up to the Gator standard.” A month prior to that suspension, Toney was also stopped by the Gainesville Police Department and found to be in possession of an AR-15.

At the time of Toney’s traffic stop, police questioned whether or not to arrest the receiver for improper storage of a firearm. However, because the rifle was not actually in Toney’s hands at the time of the stop, they deemed it to be in accordance with state’s open-carry laws. He was not charged."

 

Also, he seemed to butt heads with Judge last year over not getting playing time early. He missed voluntary camps, and some of mandatory camp last year due to Covid. I guess the final straw was him not showing up to voluntary training this week.

 

That said, Judge is Coughlin wanna-be. That style doesnt seem to work too well in the NFL anymore, and especially not for a terrible team.  Judge kept him on the bench until injuries forced his hand. He came in and looked absolutely dynamic. I'm sure having Danny Dimes Nickels at QB didnt excite him either.

 

Nobody is confusing him for the smartest guy but I think the problems are relatively minor, and being tossed into an elite offense, with a strong locker room around him could easily fix the problem. 

 

Seriously the guy was doing to NFL defenses the same things he did in college. Damn near untackleable!!! He's an absolute superstar in the making. I've never seen anything like it. 60 seconds of this video is all it takes. He's Tyreek but more athletic. I'd easily give up our first for him, and it won't take anywhere near that. Hes on a rookie contract. He's going to be the biggest trade steal in the last decade.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

No TDs in 46 percent of offensive snaps and no impact in return game as a Rookie

 

I see TJ Graham Part Deux. Only add in diva mentality with gangbanger baggage.  Easy pass for me

Dudes not a diva. Judge is the biggest blow hard I've seen in a long time. None of that team respected him. Giants put him in the gameplan twice and he was electric.  It's not hard to get this guy a few bubble screens, slants, and end around. Judge was too busy cutting off his nose to spite his face

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Dudes not a diva. Judge is the biggest blow hard I've seen in a long time. None of that team respected him. Giants put him in the gameplan twice and he was electric.  It's not hard to get this guy a few bubble screens, slants, and end around. Judge was too busy cutting off his nose to spite his face

image.png.cb4a0e458dd1abd549907ebaac7c5935.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

image.png.cb4a0e458dd1abd549907ebaac7c5935.png

Tyreek beat up his pregnant gf, broke his son's arm (dont care if there were no charges, the audio is out there him admitting it), and fetched the most trade capital ever for a WR along with an insane contract.

This guy isnt worth bringing in on a rookie contract for a 3rd - 5th rounder? Name a player in even the 1st rd of this draft that brings this skill set. I'll wait.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Tyreek beat up his pregnant gf, broke his son's arm (dont care if there were no charges, the audio is out there him admitting it), and fetched the most trade capital ever for a WR along with an insane contract.

This guy isnt worth bringing in on a rookie contract for a 3rd - 5th rounder? Name a player in even the 1st rd of this draft that brings this skill set. I'll wait.

Ok here

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2022/04/21/2022-nfl-draft-skyy-moore-scouting-report/

 

If Schoen and Daboll are passing on Toney have to believe Beane and Dorsey will too.  If I were you I'd lower your expectations here based on that. 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...