Giants are shopping Kadarius Toney

HappyDays

12 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

For this year at least I wonder if both he and McKenzie could make the roster or if they would be redundant. 

McKenzie is faster.. at least in terms of game speed.  

Depending on our offense, we could use both of them in the Deebo role.  Slot, Motion, Screen Game and in the backfield.  There’s a way to find them both targets, even if Crowder is the main slot WR in our 3-wide. 

KT can also play outside, if I’m not mistaken.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McKenzie is faster.. at least in terms of game speed.  

Depending on our offense, we could use both of them in the Deebo role.  Slot, Motion, Screen Game and in the backfield.  There’s a way to find them both targets, even if Crowder is the main slot WR in our 3-wide. 

KT can also play outside, if I’m not mistaken.  

You think so? Obv I've been pretty vocal about being a fan of the guy, but I don't think so. Maybe top end speed, but this guy's acceleration is bonkers to watch. Their 40 times are close though (kt 4.39 v mckkitrick 4.41).

And yes, played outside about 1/3rd of the time at Florida.

In Florida the rumor was he couldn’t grasp their playbook…… with many players speaking on how difficult the Erhardt Perkins scheme is…. If Daboll feels it’s to much for him there, why would we bring him into the same system here. This is 100% Daboll not trusting this guy to progress in a difficult scheme.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

There's a thing about being a professional athlete, of any sort, that some of these young guys simply don't get.

It's called work.

You don't become really good at anything, unless you put the work in - and just about any veteran player would tell you that.

Sounds to me as though this kid simply isn't interested in putting any sort of work in, and irrespective of talent, it means he is useless to a team.

Now, there might be teams prepared to take a chance on the kid, but the Bills shouldn't be one of them, imho.

There is no real reason for us to, tbh. We've already got plenty of talent at WR, and there are boatloads of them coming out every year, including this one.

Trying to get an idiot onto the striaght and narrow, is not something we should be wasting time doing, as the risk/reward simply isn't there with an already talented roster.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

You think so? Obv I've been pretty vocal about being a fan of the guy, but I don't think so. Maybe top end speed, but this guy's acceleration is bonkers to watch. Their 40 times are close though (kt 4.39 v mckkitrick 4.41).

And yes, played outside about 1/3rd of the time at Florida.

I could be wrong, but as a Bills fan I’ve obviously seen a lot of McKenzie and with one of my best friends being a die hard UF fan, I’ve been to and watched a bunch of Gator games.. and I’ve never seen KT hit the striding speed of McKenzie.  

KT also seems to be used a bit differently and is a bit more rugged in his style than McKenzie, so perhaps if KT gets in the open he does have a higher gear that I just haven’t seen.  

Regardless, I’m all in on trading up to a 3rd for KT if our staff feels he can fit in the locker room.  His potential is higher than anyone in our WR room not named Diggs or Davis. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

In Florida the rumor was he couldn’t grasp their playbook…… with many players speaking on how difficult the Erhardt Perkins scheme is…. If Daboll feels it’s to much for him there, why would we bring him into the same system here. This is 100% Daboll not trusting this guy to progress in a difficult scheme.

It is exactly this IMO. The E-P requires receivers to read coverage and if the defense show X do Y if it shows A do B. Toney runs his own routes on every play. Total freelancer. If he couldn't adjust to Jason Garrett's much simpler scheme then not sure he is a good bet to pick up Daboll's. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is exactly this IMO. The E-P requires receivers to read coverage and if the defense show X do Y if it shows A do B. Toney runs his own routes on every play. Total freelancer. If he couldn't adjust to Jason Garrett's much simpler scheme then not sure he is a good bet to pick up Daboll's. 

I heard  Daboll say he hasn’t even looked at the play book yet. I have never heard someone say he runs his own routes I find that a little hard to believe. I couldn’t find any info on that. I do think it is a terrible sign not to show up when you have a new system. But to be honest when a new GM comes in they usually try to trade most of their best players and get players that they can get credit for. Most players get turned over don’t matter the skill level when a new GM comes in. I would trade for Toney and Bradberry for 25.

19 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Had character issues going into the Draft and the team that drafted him in Round 1 is looking to move on from him after just 1 season?

🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩

New GMs want to pick their  own players. The Giants have been linked to trading anybody on their team that has value what does that say?

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

There's a thing about being a professional athlete, of any sort, that some of these young guys simply don't get.

It's called work.

You don't become really good at anything, unless you put the work in - and just about any veteran player would tell you that.

Sounds to me as though this kid simply isn't interested in putting any sort of work in, and irrespective of talent, it means he is useless to a team.

Now, there might be teams prepared to take a chance on the kid, but the Bills shouldn't be one of them, imho.

There is no real reason for us to, tbh. We've already got plenty of talent at WR, and there are boatloads of them coming out every year, including this one.

Trying to get an idiot onto the striaght and narrow, is not something we should be wasting time doing, as the risk/reward simply isn't there with an already talented roster.

The risk reward isn't there? We're talking about a 4th 5th or 6th, for a guy with an unlimited ceiling.

To put it in perspective. You'd rather have a Tommy Doyle, Marquez Stevenson or Damar Hamlin type of guy?

When you have a roster this built, is the time you can take a home run swing. The risk is minimal and the reward potential is sky high. With our roster as it is, what are the odds 2 of 3 of those picks wouldn't make the team this year?

Stevenson isn't making the team this year period. Hamlin is safe. Doyle will be on PS. These guy's aren't a drop in the bucket towards a SB

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The risk reward isn't there? We're talking about a 4th 5th or 6th, for a guy with an unlimited ceiling.

To put it in perspective. You'd rather have a Tommy Doyle, Marquez Stevenson or Damar Hamlin type of guy?

When you have a roster this built, is the time you can take a home run swing. The risk is minimal and the reward potential is sky high. With our roster as it is, what are the odds 2 of 3 of those picks wouldn't make the team this year?

Stevenson isn't making the team this year period. Hamlin is safe. Doyle will be on PS. These guy's aren't a drop in the bucket towards a SB

The lowest I could see him going for is a 2nd.He does have a market he looked explosive his rookie year. I am worried about injury concerns with him. If we could trade a few lower picks and Epenesa that would be gold.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

I heard  Daboll say he hasn’t even looked at the play book yet. I have never heard someone say he runs his own routes I find that a little hard to believe. I couldn’t find any info on that. I do think it is a terrible sign not to show up when you have a new system. But to be honest when a new GM comes in they usually try to trade most of their best players and get players that they can get credit for. Most players get turned over don’t matter the skill level when a new GM comes in. I would trade for Toney and Bradberry for 25.

Just watch him play. He is a Stevie Johnson. He freelances. 

35 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

The notion that this is a guy with an unlimited ceiling, is already proven wrong, because he cba to put the work in.

Talent alone, is not enough to make it, in just about any team sport.

How about we just draft one of the plethora of WRs that the FO likes, in one of the say, 1st 4 rounds of the draft, who a) will want to be in Buffalo, and b) will be willing to work his rear off, to be part of the team.

Oh, and btw, we already have a 4th round pick who has probably already got his jersey nailed to the wall in Canton, as the first WR to ever score 4 TDs in a playoff game.

13 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

"In 2018, Toney was among seven Florida players suspended for “not living up to the Gator standard.” A month prior to that suspension, Toney was also stopped by the Gainesville Police Department and found to be in possession of an AR-15.

At the time of Toney’s traffic stop, police questioned whether or not to arrest the receiver for improper storage of a firearm. However, because the rifle was not actually in Toney’s hands at the time of the stop, they deemed it to be in accordance with state’s open-carry laws. He was not charged."

Also, he seemed to butt heads with Judge last year over not getting playing time early. He missed voluntary camps, and some of mandatory camp last year due to Covid. I guess the final straw was him not showing up to voluntary training this week.

That said, Judge is Coughlin wanna-be. That style doesnt seem to work too well in the NFL anymore, and especially not for a terrible team.  Judge kept him on the bench until injuries forced his hand. He came in and looked absolutely dynamic. I'm sure having Danny Dimes Nickels at QB didnt excite him either.

Nobody is confusing him for the smartest guy but I think the problems are relatively minor, and being tossed into an elite offense, with a strong locker room around him could easily fix the problem. 

Seriously the guy was doing to NFL defenses the same things he did in college. Damn near untackleable!!! He's an absolute superstar in the making. I've never seen anything like it. 60 seconds of this video is all it takes. He's Tyreek but more athletic. I'd easily give up our first for him, and it won't take anywhere near that. Hes on a rookie contract. He's going to be the biggest trade steal in the last decade.

I didn't really read anything overly concerning there. He was stopped and deemed to be in accordance with firearm laws?

I'm sure the NFLPA would have a field day if he is being disciplined for missing voluntary things.

I guess we'll see where this goes.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buddo said:

The notion that this is a guy with an unlimited ceiling, is already proven wrong, because he cba to put the work in.

Talent alone, is not enough to make it, in just about any team sport.

How about we just draft one of the plethora of WRs that the FO likes, in one of the say, 1st 4 rounds of the draft, who a) will want to be in Buffalo, and b) will be willing to work his rear off, to be part of the team.

Oh, and btw, we already have a 4th round pick who has probably already got his jersey nailed to the wall in Canton, as the first WR to ever score 4 TDs in a playoff game.

First, he should've been at TC last year, but it is voluntary. Frustrating for sure, and stupid. But acting like he's this untouchable red flag?

It's been reported that he's been quietly shopped since Shoen got there. I wouldn't show up either.

Dan Jones, Mike Glennon and Jake from. 

Jason Garret fired week 7.

Judge started the year already losing the locker room.

No Giant had more than 600 yards receiving. Golladay had zero TDs in that JV offense. 

NY media is ruthless because you got covid and missed camp.

When you do come in your electric, they do nothing to game plan you in. Could you see how this would sour a player pretty fast? Completely toxic environment.

Would every player become a malcontent in that scenario? No, but plenty would.

The point is theres nobody from last year or this year, that can do the things he does. Homerun threat everytime you touch the ball. Defenses have to scheme specifically around you. While also covering Diggs, Davis, oh and Josh might take off running too.

Kc you had to double Hill, and then get ate up by Kelce... just by him being on the field.

His presence alone opens things wide open for everyone else to eat. Diggs is getting single coverage. Two high safeties that we struggled with? Nope, you can't do that anymore.

Also, I'm excited about Gabe, but I'm not ready to anoint him a HOF. He had a nice season and should've been starting, but he's still a bit of an unknown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.