Who should the Bills take at #57  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at #57

• Christian Harris, MLB, Alabama (37)
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St (46)
    • Dylan Parham, OG, Memphis (68)
    • Tariq Woolen, DB, UTSA (75)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/22/2022 at 03:00 AM

4 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

So tired of this fan crap.

A WR in the first round and a RB in the second.

I am out children.

Ask mom to tuck you in.

Don’t forget to take your meds, dear boy; your mother worries about you so, especially when you get cranky like this…

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

DT Leal.  Bucky Brooks No 2 rated DT.   Brooks says, “Leal is an active interior defender with outstanding athleticism and play-making ability. He has the capacity to neutralize the run as a power player while flashing enough agility and finesse to impact the game as an inside pass rusher.”

was he asked to defend the pass?  if not, perhaps its something he can learn?  Those testing numbers are wild. 

He’s bad in coverage and I don’t see that improving against better competition. He would not be a fit for this defense. They play 2 LBs and both need to be sideline to sideline and able to cover. Could he develop? Maybe, his traits suggest he could do this but it’s a projection and not one I’m throwing a 2nd toward. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nick cross

Trying to figure out which safety I like the most. I do really like Cross. Really interesting guy and a good fit for what we do. 

Pitre is interesting as a McDermott buddy Dave Aranda guy. But he was essentially the nickel in the 4-2-5 base. Could Pitre project as an eventual Poyer relacement? He actually reminds me a bit of Poyer in terms of his play style. He’s a bit faster, they are essentially the same size. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Trying to figure out which safety I like the most. I do really like Cross. Really interesting guy and a good fit for what we do. 

Pitre is interesting as a McDermott buddy Dave Aranda guy. But he was essentially the nickel in the 4-2-5 base. Could Pitre project as an eventual Poyer relacement? He actually reminds me a bit of Poyer in terms of his play style. He’s a bit faster, they are essentially the same size. 

I love all the top safeties - Hamilton, Hill, Cine, Cross, Pitre - all could replace poyer but I hate to lose him, that’s the business side though 

• Like (+1) 4

I think it’s highly unlikely Bills leave first 2 rounds with a WR and a RB.  The lack of interest around here in improving a defense that gave up 42 points and 3 scores in less than 3 minutes to lose in the playoffs is puzzling to me.  

A defense who lost a starting corner, has another coming off a big injury with no confirmed time table to return, and is gonna see several guys become free agents next year at key positions too.  

And watch, there will be 30 threads, of the same people clamoring for all offense early in draft, just whining about the defense this year and how Beane, Frazier and McD should be fired because of it.  

Just like every year.  Rinse and repeat around here.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I love all the top safeties - Hamilton, Hill, Cine, Cross, Pitre - all could replace poyer but I hate to lose him, that’s the business side though 

Poyer is so tough for me.  He makes great tackles and can play in the box.  And yes, he was voted an All-Pro.  But when you are good in coverage, people don't throw your way so it's easy to not show up on the stat sheet.  It's tough to know what would change if Poyer were replaced.

Like you said though, the business savings of 10 mil and his age is tough to ignore

17 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I am out children.

Ask mom to tuck you in.

Breece Hall is sticking out here and besides the RB we have is going into his last year unless he gets a new deal.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Poyer is so tough for me.  He makes great tackles and can play in the box.  And yes, he was voted an All-Pro.  But when you are good in coverage, people don't throw your way so it's easy to not show up on the stat sheet.  It's tough to know what would change if Poyer were replaced.

Like you said though, the business savings of 10 mil and his age is tough to ignore

His production has also only been part of a safety duo in one specific defensive scheme. If another team signs him they have to wonder if he will be as good without Hyde. Some team may gamble on that with a big time contract like he’s seeking but it’s not the same to just get 1/2 the duo. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like Brisker too! Kerby Joseph is interesting. Its crazy. 

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed, but it is definitely a bridge we will have to cross at some point. Unless both guys take a pay cut you really can’t keep the tandem together. I will say this, Poyer is a great fir here in this scheme and may not be a great fit elsewhere. That is the elephant in the room imo. He is slightly under paid, middle of the pack, top 15 salary. He should probably be closer to top 10-12. But Hyde is better. So somebody probably has to go at some point, and this is a good draft to find the way cheaper replacement. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed, but it is definitely a bridge we will have to cross at some point. Unless both guys take a pay cut you really can’t keep the tandem together. I will say this, Poyer is a great fir here in this scheme and may not be a great fit elsewhere. That is the elephant in the room imo. He is slightly under paid, middle of the pack, top 15 salary. He should probably be closer to top 10-12. But Hyde is better. So somebody probably has to go at some point, and this is a good draft to find the way cheaper replacement. 

If I have to make a choice, I'm definitely keeping Hyde

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The lack of interest around here in improving a defense that gave up 42 points and 3 scores in less than 3 minutes to lose in the playoffs is puzzling to me.  

There’s tons of interest. Literally the one thing pretty much everybody on this board can agree on is that CB is by far our #1 need. What a lot of people don’t realize is that we don’t HAVE to draft one in the first couple rounds given McDs track record of getting the most out of DBs. It just so happened in this one completely make believe scenario that Wilson and Hall were sticking out like sore thumbs. I guarantee that if the real draft were to shake out this way Beane would make the exact same picks.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

There’s tons of interest. Literally the one thing pretty much everybody on this board can agree on is that CB is by far our #1 need. What a lot of people don’t realize is that we don’t HAVE to draft one in the first couple rounds given McDs track record of getting the most out of DBs. It just so happened in this one completely make believe scenario that Wilson and Hall were sticking out like sore thumbs. I guarantee that if the real draft were to shake out this way Beane would make the exact same picks.

There are actually a bunch of people who think we are fine with Dane Jackson and a recovering Tre White. 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think it’s highly unlikely Bills leave first 2 rounds with a WR and a RB.  The lack of interest around here in improving a defense that gave up 42 points and 3 scores in less than 3 minutes to lose in the playoffs is puzzling to me.  

A defense who lost a starting corner, has another coming off a big injury with no confirmed time table to return, and is gonna see several guys become free agents next year at key positions too.  

And watch, there will be 30 threads, of the same people clamoring for all offense early in draft, just whining about the defense this year and how Beane, Frazier and McD should be fired because of it.  

Just like every year.  Rinse and repeat around here.  

You wouldn’t be happy if we landed Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall in 1 and 2 huh?  We can land a corner in rd 3 and sign a vet corner…..  what other defensive positions are you clamoring for?  Poyers eventual replacement?  Tremaines eventual replacement?  We’ve invested a lot in defense this off season already.  Let’s not act like we didn’t just add von Miller, daquon jones, Tim settle and Jordan Phillips.  The am an regime has ALWAYS placed very little value on CB2.  Seem like the fans realize this and are acting as Beane has during his career. 

It’s a mock draft for fun and in both cases, I think the fans took 2 players that could be seen as BPA.  I think your frustration in this situation is puzzling.   You love Motor.  I like him too.  Adding someone like Hall could be a big difference maker and in rd 2. In rd 2, I don’t see it as a reach.  Some super talented teams with very little holes can afford to take BPA regardless of positional value.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think The Giants as well. 

I agree. I think it can be learned. He is a really interesting piece of clay that’s for sure. 

Just to add, what Chenal does well, would be completely wasted here. 

I agree with others sentiment that he appears to be a better fit for many other teams scheme. 

My belief is that maybe Buffalo should adjust their bend but don't break defense a bit by adding  a versatile physically dominating aggressive chess piece like Leo Chenal.

He is similar to Micah Parsons in his ability to rush the passer and blow up running plays in the other teams backfield. HE could have a huge impact as a rookie if used correctly.

With Josh Allen  as our QB for many years to come, other teams will most often be playing from behind. I think playing more aggressively might not lead us to being the leagues number one defense-but will IMHO help us avoid the disastrous 13 seconds that ended our season in Kansas City.

Chenal is a versatile chess piece that  if our coaches are able to grow their defensive philosophy will help lead us to a championship in the years to come.                                   

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

No disrespect, but by “getting the most out of our DBs” do you mean getting torched by KC in back to back playoff exits?   

Meanwhile in the 7 games Devin had at least 13 attempts this season he averaged 82 yards and scored 7 TDs which would be 1400 yards and 17 TDs over a full season.  

I don’t think people even realize that if Devin had just 14 more attempts on the seasons, based on his YPC he would have finished top 10 in rushing this year.  And that’ was behind a bad run blocking OL.  

Meanwhile 7 of the top 10 WRs were drafted in rounds 2 or later.  Most of the top RBs were not first round picks either.

So I always find this popular response puzzling given the exact same thing can be said about WR and RB. 

Funny this board complained weekly to replace Levi and thought Dane wasn’t much better, many of which are the same people saying we don’t need to take a CB early.  

Meanwhile we have gotten bounced THREE years in a row because of our defense twice because they couldn’t make a single stop.  Same defense all these people saying to wait on a CB complain about all season long too.  

I trust Beane and fine with what he decides.  I like adding weapons too.  But CB is a much bigger need than WR or RB.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You wouldn’t be happy if we landed Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall in 1 and 2 huh?  We can land a corner in rd 3 and sign a vet corner…..  what other defensive positions are you clamoring for?  Poyers eventual replacement?  Tremaines eventual replacement?  We’ve invested a lot in defense this off season already.  Let’s not act like we didn’t just add von Miller, daquon jones, Tim settle and Jordan Phillips.  The am an regime has ALWAYS placed very little value on CB2.  Seem like the fans realize this and are acting as Beane has during his career. 

It’s a mock draft for fun and in both cases, I think the fans took 2 players that could be seen as BPA.  I think your frustration in this situation is puzzling.   You love Motor.  I like him too.  Adding someone like Hall could be a big difference maker and in rd 2. In rd 2, I don’t see it as a reach.  Some super talented teams with very little holes can afford to take BPA regardless of positional value.  

I didn’t say I wouldn’t be happy with those players, I’m saying it’s unrealistic.  First of all, find it hard to believe Wilson falls to 25, he’s probably going top 10.  

But I do believe Beane will stay true to his board, so if a corner isn’t there he likes then I don’t think he would reach, nor should he.  I just expect one to be there and don’t expect Wilson to be there.  

2 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I am out children.

Ask mom to tuck you in.

On a superbowl contending team, you go BPA.... right?

I know I know... cornerback etc.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn’t say I wouldn’t be happy with those players, I’m saying it’s unrealistic.  First of all, find it hard to believe Wilson falls to 25, he’s probably going top 10.  

But I do believe Beane will stay true to his board, so if a corner isn’t there he likes then I don’t think he would reach, nor should he.  I just expect one to be there and don’t expect Wilson to be there.  

I mean….yeah, it’s unrealistic…..but wilson was there.  No one picked him.  What do you expect?  Should we have left him off the ballot?  

i don’t see how Wilson falling to 25 and being selected could lead you to say:  “And watch, there will be 30 threads, of the same people clamoring for all offense early in draft, just whining about the defense this year and how Beane, Frazier and McD should be fired because of it.

Just like every year.  Rinse and repeat around here.”

I think they are completely unrelated.  

look at our starting defense:  

DL-  17M- 1st rd pick- 7M- 1st rd pick

DL bench- 2nd rd pick- 2nd rd pick - 3.5M

LB-  11M- 1st rd pick(13M)

CB- 1st rd pick (17M)- 7.5M slot corner- 7th rd pick

S- 10M-10M

we’ve invested a lot on D.  we have ONE position on D that is held down by a player that isn’t considered “good”.   Literally every Starter on D is considered a good player……except Dane. 

if the first 2 players we take are on the offensive side of the ball, You should applaud and realize that Beane will straighten out our CB room.  

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There are actually a bunch of people who think we are fine with Dane Jackson and a recovering Tre White. 🤷‍♂️

And there are other who realize that rd 1 and 2 aren’t the only resources we can use to acquire other corners.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t really think a first round CB moves the needle for them against KC…. Thought it was obvious their pass rushers inability to finish Mahomes created a lot of problems for them in that game… some coaching ***** ups to end regulation and the defense was gassed to end the game. 

Defense wasn’t the reason this team went into a tailspin in the middle of the season…. They had issues blocking and most importantly scoring points which ***** up home field and a BYE for them.

The bolded is easily forgotten based on how the playoff game ended, but for the first three quarters, at least, Mahomes evaded and eluded and really kind of embarrassed Bills pass rushers. So many squandered opportunities to finish plays and drives. The Bills were in such a hole in part because the D-line could NOT close the deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.