We don't know when, but we know who the Bills will play during the 2022 season.

tomur67

1 minute ago, nucci said:

usually known a couple years in advance now

every 4 years it repeats 

with some odd variables thrown in.  

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/creating-the-nfl-schedule/

Each spring, six NFL executives take on an enormous task: creating the NFL schedule for the next season. 

Here’s a breakdown of how each team’s opponents are set:

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season. 

The new 17th game is an additional game against a non-conference opponent from a division that the team is not scheduled to play. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

every 4 years it repeats 

with some odd variables thrown in.  

Rather large variables as every 4 years repeats for same conference teams, but every 5th year for other conference.  So only completely repeats itself every 20 years.  Believe that holds true now even with the 17th game thrown in.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Rather large variables as every 4 years repeats for same conference teams, but every 5th year for other conference.  So only completely repeats itself every 20 years.  Believe that holds true now even with the 17th game thrown in.

in 4 seasons we play the same NFC division again

and every 3 the same AFC division again

the formula hasn’t changed in eons beyond the 17th game 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’d usually say

use the search feature

but it doesn’t seem to be working 

I wondered about that earlier today.  I was trying to find a thread on OTW, but the search function returned nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Just Jack said:

I wondered about that earlier today.  I was trying to find a thread on OTW, but the search function returned nothing.  

I reported my own post stating as much (broken) 

I find the search feature quite useful but when I openly state that it seems to upset people 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

in 4 seasons we play the same NFC division again

and every 3 the same AFC division again

the formula hasn’t changed in eons beyond the 17th game 

Right so in 3 years we'll again play the AFC North teams, but not the same NFC North teams that same year.  So only every 12 years, would we play the same identical schedule. My prior post I said every 20 years, but is really every 12.

5 hours ago, tomur67 said:

At home : Browns, Steelers, Titans, Packers, Vikings, Dolphins, Patriots, and Jets. Away: Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Lions. Bears, Rams, Dolphins, Patriots and Jets.  Any thoughts or early predictions?

dang..when did this come out…I didn’t not know who their opponents were…who leaked this…

• Vomit 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I want to know is when do we get to play KC at home 3 straight years? When does that sequence activate?

That will be the NEXT three years, in the playoffs before we advance to the Super Bowl, silly! 

I’m very eager for the Bills to return to Atlanta, but that’s just me being selfish. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.