NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Well in his defense the schedule has probably been set for a while now 

If normal service is taking place it hasn't. Goodell normally signs the final version off 48 hours before the announcement. 

Now clearly some of the set piece games like season opener, thanksgiving day, christmas week will be settled a bit sooner but generally the finalisation of the schedule goes to the wire.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Someone I know in media just tipped me off that the Bills are supposedly playing the Noon game on Thanksgiving in Detroit.  

They got a heads up today about it at the TV network he works at in Detroit.  

As with anything, take it for what it’s worth though. 

Did you get this information from a source deep in the media organization?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Someone I know in media just tipped me off that the Bills are supposedly playing the Noon game on Thanksgiving in Detroit.  

I am generally a proponent of Bills games on Sundays at 1:00 PM. I like the routine. I know some people love the excitement of prime time and I get that, but I like my routines.

HOWEVER, somehow we became the home to Thanksgiving a couple decades ago.  Family and friends, a real houseful! Usually a couple dozen or so. As much as I like my routines, I absolutely LOVE a house full of family and friends while I’m beginning with mimosas, moving on from there and celebrating a Bills victory! It makes for a VERY special holiday! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

So…..my lovely bride who you met at the opener just said “so, if true, what you’re saying is Thanksgiving won’t happen before 4:00 PM.” Yep, that’s pretty much it! Heavy on hors’devours!   I just hope I’m in a good mood when we sit down to eat! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Maybe they will have a Ralph Wilson day.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This has been a rumor I’ve seen in multiple places now. Won’t be surprised if it is true.

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Short week, against the lions, easy w and long rest for following week. Thank you nfl 

Don’t assume wins.  How many said that about Jacksonville last year?  Lions play hard.  If Bills play their best they win.  But we’ve seen they aren’t beyond a bad loss.

11 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

3 Xmas games now.  Bills may be playing Xmas.  I will enjoy a Detriot beatdown, but would bank on Xmas primetime game

I think this will happen too.  On ESPN Radio yesterday they were quoting some NFL official who was explaining that there will be 3 games on Xmas this year.  The NFL guy happened to be doing so on WGR.  Seems like an interesting radio station to go on to talk the xmas games.

Related to other comments.... I like Sunday at 1pm.  Mix in a couple primetime/holiday games.  If we end up with upwards of 5 or 6 primetime games it will be weird.  

I always go to the home opener.  Really hoping that is a 1pm.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if we were Sunday or Monday night.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.