NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wait is that confirmed or something?  I dont get how we would play at their stadium on the road 3 straight years.  Aren't they supposed to at least alternate?  I mean I get the playoffs are dictated by record, so cant do nothing about the last 3 straight there.  But @KC last year, this year, and next year in the regular season is absurd.  

the schedule formula is alternating sites when the divisions face each other every year, the years before are positional games that are consecutive one sided

for example with the titans…..

2019 Positional finish east at south— titans 

2920 position finish east at south — titans

2021 Div vs Div — bills  at titans

2022  positional finish south at east — at titans

2023 positional finish south at east

2024 Div vs Div titans at bills

2025 positional east at south

2026 positional east at south

2027 Div vs Div bills at titans

Above is based on patterns not changing

2002-2009

2009-2017

2018-2025

after 2025 season the opponent formulas could change. With in schedule pairs like buffalo and Miami are paired and how Div vs Div pattern us sept both between and with conference.  In 2010 after first round they switch nfc west team pairings from SF-SEA to Rams-SEA where buffalo did @ sea in 2004, sea in 2008 and 2012, then @ sea in 2016, sea in 2020.

similar opposite pattern occurs between east vs west where the non division match up are consecutive dame

2020 division kc at buf

2021 positional east at west

2022 positional east at west

2023 buf at kc

2024 positional west at east

2025 positional west at east

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I dont get how we would play at their stadium on the road 3 straight years.  Aren't they supposed to at least alternate?  I mean I get the playoffs are dictated by record, so cant do nothing about the last 3 straight there.  But @KC last year, this year, and next year in the regular season is absurd. 

Given they knew we are on the road at KC in 2023, this years game should have certainly been in Buffalo.  So Stupid. 

It wasn't always scheduled for the Bills to play at Arrowhead this much, it just turned out that way.

Mostly because the Bills had to play an undetermined AFC West team on the road. It just turned out to be the Chiefs all this time.

The next time the Chiefs travel to Orchard Park during the regular season is in 2026.

Although in '24 & '25 the Bills have home games against an undetermined AFC West opponent.

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It wasn't always scheduled for the Bills to play at Arrowhead this much, it just turned out that way.

Mostly because the Bills had to play an undetermined AFC West team on the road. It just turned out to be the Chiefs all this time.

The next time the Chiefs travel to Orchard Park during the regular season is in 2026.

Although in '24 & '25 the Bills have home games against an undetermined AFC West opponent.

I get that, just there should just be a rule that it can't happen in consecutive years with the same team traveling to the same opponent.  

Heard a great idea that if Buffalo wins at Detroit, as masters of all three Turkey day options, the Bills should get to host the first "Turkey Title" night game next year.  Whoever wins that game gets to host on Thanksgiving the following year as Turkey Title champ.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Honus Wagner agrees with you giving him a pass.

220px-Honus_wagner_t206_baseball_card.jp

Pittsburgh was named in 1758, by General John Forbes, in honor of British statesman William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham. As Forbes was a Scotsman, he probably pronounced the name /ˈpɪtsbərə/ PITS-bər-ə (similar to Edinburgh).[22][23] Pittsburgh was incorporated as a borough on April 22, 1794, with the following Act:[24] "Be it enacted by the Pennsylvania State Senate and Pennsylvania House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania ... by the authority of the same, that the said town of Pittsburgh shall be ... erected into a borough, which shall be called the borough of Pittsburgh for ever."[25] From 1891 to 1911, the city's name was federally recognized as "Pittsburg", though use of the final h was retained during this period by the city government and other local organizations.[26][22] After a public campaign, the federal decision to drop the h was reversed.[22] The Pittsburgh Press continued without the h in its nameplate until August 1, 1921.[27]

Giants' 2022 schedule reported by Art Stapleton

Sept. 11 at Tennessee, 4:25 p.m., FOX
Sept. 18 vs. Carolina, 1 p.m., FOX
Sept. 26 vs. Dallas, 8:15 p.m., ESPN/ABC
Oct. 2 vs. Chicago, 1 p.m., FOX
Oct. 9 at Green Bay (Tottenham/London), 9:30 a.m., NFLN
Oct. 16 vs. Baltimore, 1 p.m., CBS
Oct. 23 at Jacksonville, 1 p.m., FOX
Oct. 30 at Seattle, 4:25 p.m., FOX
Week 9 BYE WEEK
Nov. 13 vs. Texans, 1 p.m., CBS
Nov. 20 vs. Lions, 1 p.m., FOX
Nov. 24 at Dallas (Thanksgiving), 4:25 p.m., FOX
Dec. 4 vs. Washington, 1 p.m., FOX
Dec. 11 vs. Philadelphia, 1 p.m., FOX
Dec. 17/18 at Washington, TBD, TBD
Dec. 24 at Minnesota (Saturday), 1 p.m., FOX
Jan. 1 vs. Indianapolis, 1 p.m., CBS
Jan. 7/8 at Philadelphia, TBD, TB

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get that, just there should just be a rule that it can't happen in consecutive years with the same team traveling to the same opponent.  

They came to Buffalo in 2020. It's not like it has happened a bunch of times in a row.

Can't include the playoffs. That is determined by seeding.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I prefer week 1 vs Jets as originally rumored. In CFB they used to schedule a 1-AA opponent first, built in preseason game. Need to get things clicking on offense with new OC. They didn't look ready week 1 last year

That's essentially exactly what we had last year with the Steelers, I'd prefer an NFC team especially one that's not all that likely to lose to another AFC team.

20 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

the schedule formula is alternating sites when the divisions face each other every year, the years before are positional games that are consecutive one sided

for example with the titans…..

2019 Positional finish east at south— titans 

2920 position finish east at south — titans

2021 Div vs Div — bills  at titans

2920 we play in Tennessee.  Damn, the NFL really does have this stuff planned out ahead of time!

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Week 9 BYE WEEK

Wow only one true night game and we at least made it to week 3 before we are forced to watch NYG DAL lol

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get what you mean. Still, this schedule rotation has been the best system they've had.

A lot better than what it used to be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Week 9 BYE WEEK

That is a very soft schedule for Dabes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.