YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Possible leak?

If true, this would be most acceptable. 

Things I like:

1. Get LA game out of the way early.  And only long road trip of season,

2. Nice time to be playing in Miami avoiding early season steam bath

3. Get @NE done early season.

4. Love facing Miami in Buffalo to end their season hopes.

5. Mid season bye with @NYJ coming out of bye

Things I don't like:

1. GB, @KC, @BAL is a gauntlet

2. CLE week 11 all but assures Buffalo sees Watson

Edited by wjag
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Only 4 Primetime?  Anything less than 5 is a letdown 

I said before it would not surprise me if we only got one SNF game. Although we get the opener and MNF games, I don't think the NFL is quite there yet with putting us on SNF more than once. If this is the real schedule

30 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It's more than that.

Requesting time off from work and making other travel arrangements.

We shouldn't have to wait this long for the schedule dates release. The NFL could have announced this news earlier.

You have no less than 4 months from a complete schedule release to the opening kick off of the NFL season. Your booking window only increases if you have no intentions of going to week 1.  Airbnb and Southwest give free cancellations as long as you are a week or more out from your travel/stay. If you have a CC associated with a hotel and/or an airline most will allow for free cancellations too.

I just sort of read this as "I cannot go to Kansas City in October because you didn't tell me until May", which seems wild to me and cannot be a scalable complaint.

There is more than ample time to schedule a long weekend without any real financial commitment.

2 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Yea does playing on Thanksgiving at 1 pm count towards the max of 6 primetime games that can be scheduled?

Why wouldn't it?  Only 6 teams play on that National holiday so I would consider that primetime regardless if it's at 1pm or 8pm.

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, The Wiz said:

Why wouldn't it?  Only 6 teams play on a National holiday so I would consider that primetime regardless if it's at 1pm or 8pm.

I mean it’s special for sure, but just wondering if it qualifies as primetime. Or if we could wind up with 6 night games plus the thanksgiving game? Not sure how the NFL classifies some of these specialty games

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Buffalo @ Rams feels way more compelling than Broncos/Seahawks and about even with KC/TB.

The Seahawks were 7-10 with Rus last year and now they have Drew Lock. I get he was traded, but this seems like a game I have next to zero interest in unless it is early in the season...and even then....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I mean it’s special for sure, but just wondering if it qualifies as primetime. Or if we could wind up with 6 night games plus the thanksgiving game? Not sure how the NFL classifies some of these specialty games

Well if you go strictly by the time of day then technically, it's not, or shouldn't count. Only the 3rd game would be considered a primetime game. 

Based on the term itself it's "between 7pm and 9pm when most people are watching tv" but in the sense of Thanksgiving, most people are watching all day.

Kind of like would you consider the Macy's Christmas parade primetime.  I'm sure there are millions watching but it's at 10am.  Who knows?

Edited by The Wiz

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was my first thought. It looks legit but only 4 prime time seems odd 

Thanksgiving is considered primetime my league workers regardless of timeslot. LAR opener is considered SNF and Miami can flex at seasons end.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.