NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Also a rumor Miami will be playing Detroit on Thanksgiving and that we are hosting Miami week 1 

I heard Washington vs Detroit, Dallas vs Cincy and Buffalo vs Baltimore are all confirmed for thanksgiving.   Bills vs Rams on opening night is still almost guaranteed.  

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I still feel the NFL Schedule makers don't respect us enough to give us anymore than one Sunday Night game. We only got one last year and if these leaks are right we will get the opening Thursday game but if the Chiefs game is 4:25 on CBS, then where is the SNF game? The one MNF game they announced so far is overlapped by another game while the our game is on and is going to take viewership away from the game. What's the reason for that? And in week 2? The NFL just chose a random week to put 2 MNF games on and make them overlap each other? the NFL also seems to have the "just put them on Thanksgiving" mentality like their trying to save the other primetime games for other teams

Packers at Bills or Bills at Bengals (or even Bills-Patriots) could still possibly get SNF.  

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

According to this tweet on a confirmed schedule leak...

https://mobile.twitter.com/jacksettleman/status/1524148174952280067

Forgive me if I have my doubts.

The guy seems like a weird person to have a “confirmed” leak - not a real sports guy.

If it was confirmed- the Bills would tweet something out - just like for the Titans confirmed leaked released for Week 2.

He may be right, but I just doubt it at this point - although I would absolutely love it.

Give me Detroit early or a Home game on Thanksgiving every year.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Gambling revenue.  You get more action having two games at once on Monday instead of nine at once on Sunday.  You'll eventually have two MNF games every week.  It will be interesting to see when they push it into Tuesday night.

I guess that's possible considering the Saints played two straight Thursday night games last year.  I can't recall a time besides that though where a team ever been scheduled for two TNF games in a row.

The cowboys have recently played a road game the Thursday after thanksgiving.  It was a way of getting them on Thursday night football.  Assuming every playoff team will appear on prime this year, it seems like Bills-Packers is a natural for the window if Bills play on thanksgiving.  It probably also means that Green Bay will play Detroit on Thanksgiving.  And, to take it a step further, it allows the NFL to keep the Cowboys off of Prime, which is probably preferable for the league this year.  (Biggest draw stays on network TV.) 

5 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It seems there were two teams in 2021...

Week 12 - Thanksgiving - Raiders at Dallas and Bills at Saints

Week 13 - Dallas at Saints 

And in 2019

Week 13 - Thanksgiving - Bears at Lions and Bills at Dallas

Week 14 - Dallas at Bears

That's as far as I'm digging into this tonight. 

EDIT - notice you said Thursday NIGHT games, not all Thursday games.  I'll dig deeper later this week. 

I vaguely recall Dallas-Minnesota the Thursday after thanksgiving one year as well.  Could be wrong there.  But you’re right about the other precedent. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Please give me an excuse to avoid time with the extended family for the third time in four years.  Once in a lifetime opportunity to see the Bills on Thanksgiving.

"I second that emotion."

47 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Oh man, that is going to make for a rough Thanksgiving night at my house.

We always host my wife's sister and her family who all live in Columbia MD and are all big Ravens fans.

If the Bills win, it will be a rough night for them instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Cowboys, Packers, Steelers, The Bears, the freaking Bears. Those teams max out on primetime games every year

I hate seeing the Bears on prime too. They are not just crap, they are boring as hell. But when you think about their market it makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't know about the Thanksgiving game, but the idea of Miami opening in Buffalo Week 1 doesn't seem to follow the NFL trend since the NFL released the Bills at home against the Titans in Week 2. 

Usually, the NFL alternates the first two weeks between road and home games. So in my mind, with the NFL releasing the Bills' game at home in Week 2, it means the Bills are on the road in Week 1. But, that's just my opinion.

If you go to the Jetsnation.com forum they have a thread of a possible "Jets leaked schedule" but in that thread is a possible Ravens leaked schedule. According to that schedule the Bills are playing at Baltimore week 4 on SNF. I think all of these leaked "schedules" are BS and we won't find out until tomorrow night unless it comes from a credible source.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.