NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Most games will be played Xmas eve considering Xmas is Sunday…

yes but

they will play on Christmas Day  3 of them

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/22/nfl-plans-a-christmas-day-triple-header-for-the-first-time-ever/amp/

“We’ll play one game on CBS in the afternoon, one game on Fox in the afternoon, and our regular Sunday night game on NBC,” North said. “Christmas, when it falls on an NFL game day, we’ve had a lot of success there, all due respect to our friends at the NBA.”

North explained that, as usual, the bulk of the weekend’s games will be played on Saturday, December 24. There also will be a Christmas Eve night game on NFL Network.

And technically most will be playing on Xmas Eve day.  

This waiting around for the kickoff game is stupid because it is ridiculous to think the NFL could rationalize their way out of having the first game be Bills at Rams.

NFL" "Wah, small city, blah, blah, blah"

What about the Packers?

NFL:  "Shut up!"

There are monks in a monastery outside of Pueblo, Colorado who are praying and quietly chanting, all while checking their watches to see how much more time before they get to see Josh Allen throw to Stephon Diggs, throw to the new national darling Gabe Davis, throw to one of the league's best TEs Dawson Knox, while also waiting to see what throwing to Howard, Cook and Crowder are going to add to the exciting-***** making mix of the Bills offense, oh and we have the league's number 1 defense that added Von Miller.

Forgive my language, but you stupid ****** ******* idiots at the NFL who sit around all day with nothing to do but **** with your  **** ****** ***** all day long should ignore the urge to be too cute by half and just go ahead and make this thing happen the way that every single living, breathing person in the country wants it to happen, and globally Bills v Rams on opening Thursday night is the only thing Zelenskyy and Putin agree on.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This waiting around for the kickoff game is stupid because it is ridiculous to think the NFL could rationalize their way out of having the first game be Bills at Rams.

NFL" "Wah, small city, blah, blah blah"

What about the Packers?

There are monks in a monastery outside of Pueblo, Colorado who are praying and quietly chanting, all while checking their watches to see how much more time before they get to see Josh Allen throw to Stephon Diggs, throw to the new national darling Gabe Davis, throw to one of the league's best TEs Dawson Knox, while also waiting to see what throwing to Howard, Cook and Crowder are going to add to the exciting-***** making mix of the Bills offense, oh and we have the league's number 1 defense that added Von Miller.

Forgive my language, but you stupid ****** ******* idiots at the NFL who sit around all day with nothing to do but **** with your  **** ****** ***** all day long should ignore the urge to be too cute by half and just go ahead and make this thing happen the way that every single living, breathing person in the country wants to happen, and globally Bills v Rams on opening Thursday night is the only thing Zelenskyy and Putin agree on.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

NFL" "Wah, small city, blah, blah blah"

What about the Packers?

Forgive my language, but you stupid ****** ******* idiots at the NFL who sit around all day with nothing to do but **** with your  **** ****** ***** all day long should ignore the urge to be too cute by half and just go ahead and make this thing happen the way that every single living, breathing person in the country wants to happen, and globally Bills v Rams on opening Thursday night is the only thing Zelenskyy and Putin agree on.

Well if Zelensky wants it, who are we to argue 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

On WGR this morning they said that last year there were three NFC teams that started with two home games which of course, like the AFC this year, meant after that they'd have 9 away and 6 home. I hope it doesn't happen (although from a weather standpoint, maybe I should hope it does), but it could.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised they did that.  Thanks for the feedback.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, I just don't see it with what they have done by making the Bills week 2 MNF. If they hadn't made that announcement I'd be saying the Bills are heavy favourites for TNF. But with it being the way it is, I'm sceptical. 

Bills did play the same exact sequence last year when they were at New Orleans for Thanksgiving and then hosted the Patriots for Monday night football. And they had the same rest advantage over the Patriots that they would have over the Titans.

With the Broncos news released this morning I think it comes down to three teams. 49ers, raiders and bills.

I have to think the Rams owners would object massively to it being the 49ers who took over half their stadium last year.

Good chance the bills and raiders could both do the same but at least optics wise it’s not a divisional rival.

So I’ll throw raiders and bills in the hat for my final two picks for TNF.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bills did play the same exact sequence last year when they were at New Orleans for Thanksgiving and then hosted the Patriots for Monday night football. And they had the same rest advantage over the Patriots that they would have over the Titans.

With the Broncos news released this morning I think it comes down to three teams. 49ers, raiders and bills.

I have to think the Rams owners would object massively to it being the 49ers who took over half their stadium last year.

Good chance the bills and raiders could both do the same but at least optics wise it’s not a divisional rival.

Yea but that's mid-season coming off Thanksgiving. Has a team ever played the TNF opener and then a MNF in week 2?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea but that's mid-season coming off Thanksgiving. Has a team ever played the TNF opener and then a MNF in week 2?

Not sure. Wouldn’t be shocked if the patriots, colts, packers or similar teams have done that once or twice.

It seems no matter what the NFL decides to do for the Thursday night game they are going to be going against historical norms.

Out of conference games are rare. And division games are also rare. And I don’t believe a team has ever opened the season two years in a row on the road for TNF.

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Great point.  Want a spectacle, highlighting the Rams I think you may be onto something.  Not that Bills fans dont travel but LA seems to be Raiders, 49ers and Cowboys heavy.  First game of the year Buffalo may be the choice with all factors coming into play.  

8 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not sure. Wouldn’t be shocked if the patriots, colts, packers or similar teams have done that once or twice.

It seems no matter what the NFL decides to do for the Thursday night game they are going to be going against historical norms.

Out of conference games are rare. And division games are also rare. And I don’t believe a team has ever opened the season two years in a row on the road for TNF.

Okay I've found one.... the Saints in 2010 played the opener as reigning Superbowl champs at home then played @49ers in MNF the following week. 

Maybe it is still on then for the Bills to be the opener and then prime time week 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, I just don't see it with what they have done by making the Bills week 2 MNF. If they hadn't made that announcement I'd be saying the Bills are heavy favourites for TNF. But with it being the way it is, I'm sceptical. 

Remember the Bills went Thursday - Monday last year after Thanksgiving. Personally, I don’t think that’s a factor. It could be Dallas or Las Vegas I suppose (maybe even SF). The Bills are pretty compelling though.

10 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Im sure we'll represent well. I just mean it's the season opener so I would expect a big home team turnout and high prices

There are around 100 people in California who care about the Rams and Chargers. A big home team turnout doesn't exist there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.