NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Dallas was last year and just aren’t that interesting. I could see the 49ers or Raiders I guess. The Bills are a massive draw, with star power. They are the Super Bowl favorites with an explosive offense. Von Miller returning home shouldn’t go unnoticed either. Objectively, that’s the most appealing matchup.

Dallas always brings in huge ratings and they are a good team. I can't stand that "America's team" BS either but the Cowboys are always a top draw for the networks.

I don’t see the schedule-makers giving any AFC team two homes games to start the season during a year in which all AFC teams play an extra road game.

For that reason, I’m still thinking Bills/Rams for the opener.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t see the schedule-makers giving any AFC team two homes games to start the season during a year in which all AFC teams play an extra road game.

A Bills - Rams opener in week 1 means the Bills still start the season with two home games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Dallas always brings in huge ratings and they are a good team. I can't stand that "America's team" BS either but the Cowboys are always a top draw for the networks.

I have to give Jerry Jones credit in the sense the brand he made with the Cowboys since he took over is insanely powerful.

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It seems like we’ve opened at Bears a few times.  Again?

Haha oh boy

11 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I have to give Jerry Jones credit in the sense the brand he made with the Cowboys since he took over is insanely powerful.

That happened before Jerry bought the team. You can go back to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders when they updated their image in the late 70's and were winning SB's with Staubach etc.... They were known as America's Team throughout the 80's. Jerry just milked it and it was propelled when they won multiple SB's in the 90's

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I'm sitting here struggling with figuring this out lol. What do you mean? The game will be in LA

I am mocking LA's fanbase or lack of fanbase. The stadium would be a sea of Bills blue. It would be a Bills "home" game from a crowd standpoint.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

I am mocking LA's fanbase or lack of fanbase. The stadium would be a sea of Bills blue. It would be a Bills "home" game from a crowd standpoint.

Oh. Yeah I don't know about that. Certainly we'll have a big crowd there for the Bills though

1 hour ago, eball said:

On WGR this morning they said that last year there were three NFC teams that started with two home games which of course, like the AFC this year, meant after that they'd have 9 away and 6 home. I hope it doesn't happen (although from a weather standpoint, maybe I should hope it does), but it could.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

That happened before Jerry bought the team. You can go back to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders when they updated their image in the late 70's and were winning SB's with Staubach etc.... They were known as America's Team throughout the 80's. Jerry just milked it and it was propelled when they won multiple SB's in the 90's

He maximized it tenfold. They are the most valuable franchise in US sports, every network wants a piece of the Cowboys despite relatively limited success on the field for two decades now, the stadium and complex he has created is insanely good, and in general $ wise he has been the leading owner (for good or more bad imo) in finding new revenue streams. I don't disagree the brand was already strong and there before he arrived, but in a purely business sense he has really pushed it to other place. I am reallyyyyy curious how PIT/GB once Rodgers leaves do brand wise once they have some lean years as they are probably the two other big franchises that have a reputation like Dallas, but both are small market and don't have the same business drive as what Jerry does.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.