NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

They will get crushed in the ratings if they try to go up against America's most popular sport.

Agree.  It's not the first time this happened, sounded like the last time Christmas was on the weekend, the NFL scheduled one game.

5 hours ago, djp14150 said:

christmas conflicts only occurs when  Christmas is on Saturday, or Sunday.

Sure, this is also the 1st time the NFL scheduled a triple header too.

Likely we'll be at our daughters house and her husband likes the NBA more than NFL so could be interesting day.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is Kyle Brandt serious when he says the NFL Schedule Release gets higher TV viewers than the World Series?

Football is so big now that nothing else compares to it. When it comes to sports in America there two opening days. 1. Football season. 2. Everything else. 

25 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

Week 1 At Miami ? What do you think ? I don't think we are playing the LA Rams . The league will save that game later on . Perhaps Christmas Day ?? 

Rumors are we're opening at home against Miami.  Either way I'm happy to play a team with a new coach/offensive scheme coming out of the gates.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Rumors are we're opening at home against Miami.  Either way I'm happy to play a team with a new coach/offensive scheme coming out of the gates.

I think we are on the road I could be wrong , we will find out on Thursday , yes Miami home that would be a great opener , Miami is very good much better than last year on paper but we can take care of business and continue the win streak against them ! GO BILLS ! 

Just read this snippet in a Buffalo News article this morning…we’ll be seeing some more games released over the next couple of days:

The full schedule will be released at 8 p.m. Thursday, with teams announcing their opening games at 6 p.m. The NFL intends to continue to release selected games each morning this week through its broadcast partners, with games revealed Tuesday on "CBS Mornings," Wednesday on "Fox & Friends" and Thursday on the "Today" show.

Since Today is on NBC, which airs Sunday Night Football and the Thursday night opener, I think it’s a good bet we learn whether the Bills are at the Rams week one on Thursday morning.

Miami at home week 1

Tennessee at home week 2

That would be a good chance to get off to a strong start. I was adamant last year that the worst week to play Pittsburgh would be week 1. I think there is an argument if it is Miami this year to open that you are getting them the best time to play them. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the Broncos playing at the Rams on Christmas it leads me to believe that the Bills - Rams will be the opener. They just don’t have many (or any) viable alternatives. Wilson with a new team was interesting (at least to a degree).

I don't know... Cowboys vs. Rams is still on table.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the Broncos playing at the Rams on Christmas it leads me to believe that the Bills - Rams will be the opener. They just don’t have many (or any) viable alternatives. Wilson with a new team was interesting (at least to a degree).

Dallas. I just struggle to see them going Bills on TNF week 1 and then a significant rest advantage with the mini-bye before MNF week 2. They might, for sure. But I thought the Tennessee announcement made it less likely. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They have a lot of options for that opening game. Cowboys, 49ers, Cardinals, Raiders to choose from.

With the Broncos/Rams now on Christmas and Bills Monday night Week 2, I'm starting to think Raiders/Rams.

Just as I typed that, I saw Kyle Brandt say the same thing on GMFB.

Edited by Realist

15 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I don't know... Cowboys vs. Rams is still on table.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dallas. I just struggle to see them going Bills on TNF week 1 and then a significant rest advantage with the mini-bye before MNF week 2. They might, for sure. But I thought the Tennessee announcement made it less likely. 

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They have a lot of options for that opening game. Cowboys, 49ers, Cardinals, Raiders to choose from.

Dallas was last year and just aren’t that interesting. I could see the 49ers or Raiders I guess. The Bills are a massive draw, with star power. They are the Super Bowl favorites with an explosive offense. Von Miller returning home shouldn’t go unnoticed either. Objectively, that’s the most appealing matchup.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Miami at home week 1

Tennessee at home week 2

That would be a good chance to get off to a strong start. I was adamant last year that the worst week to play Pittsburgh would be week 1. I think there is an argument if it is Miami this year to open that you are getting them the best time to play them. 

If this is true then no reason not to start 2-0. Got to win the home games especially if they want that #1 seed. I want (hope) all Bills playoffs games in OP this year except of course the Super Bowl.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Dallas was last year and just aren’t that interesting. I could see the 49ers or Raiders I guess. The Bills are a massive draw, with star power. They are the Super Bowl favorites with an explosive offense. Von Miller returning home shouldn’t go unnoticed either. Objectively, that’s the most appealing matchup.

Yea, I just don't see it with what they have done by making the Bills week 2 MNF. If they hadn't made that announcement I'd be saying the Bills are heavy favourites for TNF. But with it being the way it is, I'm sceptical. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.