NFL schedule release: May 12th 8pm

YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, elijah said:

It’s unfortunate the amount of mockery and sarcasm that both of the schedule threads are being flooded with

While not the biggest group of people, there are certainly more than a few here that actually enjoy discussing the schedule and how it lines up, myself included 

Feels like it’s not even worth speculating in either of these threads as people would just mock it 🤦‍♂️ 

Also for those of us who are planning an away game it’s a pretty big deal too so we can start planning and booking. Dates are helpful for that lol 

2 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

Also for those of us who are planning an away game it’s a pretty big deal too so we can start planning and booking. Dates are helpful for that lol 

Just book refundable rates, make your reservations now, then cancel if the schedule doesn't line up with your reservations.  I've been doing this for over 15 years now, booking the first three weekends in Sept for the opener, then cancelling what I don't need. 

4 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I think this will happen too.  On ESPN Radio yesterday they were quoting some NFL official who was explaining that there will be 3 games on Xmas this year.  The NFL guy happened to be doing so on WGR.  Seems like an interesting radio station to go on to talk the xmas games.

Related to other comments.... I like Sunday at 1pm.  Mix in a couple primetime/holiday games.  If we end up with upwards of 5 or 6 primetime games it will be weird.  

I always go to the home opener.  Really hoping that is a 1pm.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if we were Sunday or Monday night.  

im certain buffalo is playing on Christmas Day ( likely a home game) given it was leaked in buffalo.

i think sone aren’t going to like a 1 pm home game. Tailgating interferes with Xmas morning stuff ehrn fans are heading out to tailgate at 9am.

now a 1 pm game from London……

NFL adds three Christmas games to schedule for first time, per report

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/4/23/23038468/nfl-adds-three-christmas-games-to-schedule-for-first-time

With Christmas being a Sunday this year, those three games will be in addition to a Thursday night contest, Monday night game, and the rest of the games will be on Christmas Eve Saturday.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't see them easily giving up the day, from what I read NBA plans to continue as they have.  But will be interesting. 

They will get crushed in the ratings if they try to go up against America's most popular sport.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They will get crushed in the ratings if they try to go up against America's most popular sport.

This.

It's already happened.  Didn't the Browns play on Christmas?  Speaking merely for my extended family's viewing household, but there is ZERO interest in the NBA on Christmas Day if there's an NFL game on TV.  Come to think of it, I don't think there's much interest in an NBA game REGARDLESS if there's an NFL game on TV.  Just..."yeesh".

9 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

This.

It's already happened.  Didn't the Browns play on Christmas?  Speaking merely for my extended family's viewing household, but there is ZERO interest in the NBA on Christmas Day if there's an NFL game on TV.  Come to think of it, I don't think there's much interest in an NBA game REGARDLESS if there's an NFL game on TV.  Just..."yeesh".

When it comes to sports there are two opening days. Start of the NFL season and then everything else. For me personally the NFL season tops everything. After that is the NHL playoffs even though my Isles won't be in this year. Even though I am not a Sabres fan I do think they are starting to get it turned around. They have a nice core of players to build around.

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

When it comes to sports there are two opening days. Start of the NFL season and then everything else. For me personally the NFL season tops everything. After that is the NHL playoffs even though my Isles won't be in this year. Even though I am not a Sabres fan I do think they are starting to get it turned around. They have a nice core of players to build around.

The NHL Playoffs are amazing.  It's been heartbreaking having the Sabres out of them for over a Decade now.

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

The NHL Playoffs are amazing.  It's been heartbreaking having the Sabres out of them for over a Decade now.

I think that playoff less streak will be coming to an end soon. Maybe as early as next year. The Sabres have some good young players to build around. If they have a good offseason with FA/draft combined with another year of experience with the players they have should at least have them in the playoff mix next year.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

This.

Last year, there were two games on Christmas.  

NFL TV Ratings: Super Bowl dominates as NFL season comes to an end (sportsnaut.com)

Christmas Day delivered a special treat for the NFL and its broadcasting partners. An evening broadcast of the Cleveland Browns vs. Green Bay Packers clash at Lambeau Field averaged 28.59 million viewers. For comparison, $20.1 million watched the Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints game in the same time slot last Christmas.

There have been other times games were played on Christmas, here's a Wiki article...

National Football League Christmas games

It looks like Buffalo has never played on Christmas Day, along with about 9 other teams. (bolded are on the schedule for this year)

New England, Jacksonville, New York Giants, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, LA Rams, and Seattle. 

Edited by Just Jack

The actual interview is much different from how this thread is painting it if you give it a listen.. 

I wouldn’t exactly call this a ‘leak’ or any sort of major news drop, Sal has this guy on WGR every year around this time to talk about the schedule. The NFL didn’t ‘add’ 3 games on Christmas to try and compete with the NBA, Christmas just so happens to be on a Sunday. They’re actually moving the games from Sunday (Christmas) to Saturday (Christmas Eve). Because Christmas fell on a Sunday, when the games are typically played, they’re going to have 3 games that day. By no means is this now a yearly thing the NFL is adding. 

Also, to imply this was ‘leaked’ on WGR seems wrong in context of the interview Sal had. He simply asked the guy about the NFL’s plans since Christmas was on a Sunday, and North answered with what the plans were. I don’t think this has any tie or relation to the probability of the Bills playing Christmas. 

With that said, it would make sense for the Bills to get a home game. They’re one of the biggest draws for primetime now as it is, and add in the Buffalo element and hope that you get on a snow game on Christmas. Makes sense to me. 

38 minutes ago, elijah said:

The actual interview is much different from how this thread is painting it if you give it a listen.. 

I wouldn’t exactly call this a ‘leak’ or any sort of major news drop, Sal has this guy on WGR every year around this time to talk about the schedule. The NFL didn’t ‘add’ 3 games on Christmas to try and compete with the NBA, Christmas just so happens to be on a Sunday. They’re actually moving the games from Sunday (Christmas) to Saturday (Christmas Eve). Because Christmas fell on a Sunday, when the games are typically played, they’re going to have 3 games that day. By no means is this now a yearly thing the NFL is adding. 

Also, to imply this was ‘leaked’ on WGR seems wrong in context of the interview Sal had. He simply asked the guy about the NFL’s plans since Christmas was on a Sunday, and North answered with what the plans were. I don’t think this has any tie or relation to the probability of the Bills playing Christmas. 

With that said, it would make sense for the Bills to get a home game. They’re one of the biggest draws for primetime now as it is, and add in the Buffalo element and hope that you get on a snow game on Christmas. Makes sense to me. 

First time it has moved to 3 games. in the past when Christmas landed on Sunday, they had 2 max, even sometimes 1. So it is some kind of a change.

On 4/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, Gugny said:

I hope we play the Jets twice again.

I have a source down in Dunkirk who knows some high ups in the organization.

For what it's worth, he tells me that it's highly likely we WILL play the Jets twice this season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.