Bills Sign former Titan OT/OG David Quessenberry

MAJBobby

He is your swing tackle if the draft doesn't allow them to address that spot. And he can play and not be a liability at either tackle spot should we need it. Anything that keeps Tommy Doyle further away from needing to take a meaningful snap at tackle in a football game is good with me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

On 4/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, Beast said:

Ā 

He's coming from Tennessee that was one of the more run heavy teams out there. If he gets significant playing time he will be pass blocking more than he ever has.

Ā 

I'm not doing flips over this signing but at the same time I'm not saying it's going to be a big problem, though I will admit I don't expect much out of him.

Just got to keep the perspective that he has started alot of NFL football and is a great run blocker who was brought here to be a backup. Doyle came in near the goaline and a bit when they went to 6 offensive linemen I believe, hoping this guy really helps in those roles. Roger Saffold, this guy, and Spencer Brown are all good run blockers hopefully when we are up on teamsĀ  and want to.run clock or down around the goal line we just got alot more physical upfront.

• Agree 1

His contract details are on Sportrac.

Ā 

1,750,000 cap hit

400,000 dead cap

Ā 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/david-quessenberry-12458/

Ā 

So not a minimum contract like Hart, Mancz or Boettger. Seems like he has a bigger shot on making a roster.

Ā 

Right now I'd say it looks like Dawkins-Saffold-Morse-Bates-Brown with Quessenberry, Doyle, draft pick and Ford/Mancz on the bench.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 1

Will the offense line be disciplined enough to substitute when they need to go from pass first to run first without losing the ability to make the plays when they do not expect it like throwing to a TE with run first OL or running for first downs when pass first OL is in?Ā  That is the Nirvana of offense lines but it requires good scouting of opponents and discipline not taking bad penaltiesĀ Ā  Bills used to have a third OT who played regularly as swing tackle and it was best role for him for he did not stay healthy when forced to multiple games full time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.