Spencer Brown at Buffalo Airport on Plane when Lady Launched an Emergency Slide

RoyBatty is alive

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Spencer Brown is the last guy you want to be messing with. 

I agree but in todays world if he were in any way to lift a hand to help stop the lady she would probably have slapped a law suit on him faster than speedy Gonzales taking a piece of cheese Undelay Undelay .

People are getting crazy they need to ban her from any future flights if she's willing to do that there's no telling what she might do ...

6 minutes ago, T master said:

I agree but in todays world if he were in any way to lift a hand to help stop the lady she would probably have slapped a law suit on him faster than speedy Gonzales taking a piece of cheese Undelay Undelay .

People are getting crazy they need to ban her from any future flights if she's willing to do that there's no telling what she might do ...

I was just speaking in general. That is a massive monster. 

Just now, wppete said:

I was just speaking in general. That is a massive monster. 

Oh so was i i get it he's one massive human being & any one with any kind of common sense wouldn't mess with him ! But that being said if that broad opened a exit hatch to a plane while it was on the tarmac all common sense is lost & he was better off to just sit and watch like he did .

I used to cater commercial airplanes (albeit like 40 yrs ago).  I thought in order to deploy those shutes, the door had to be blown off.  (We almost had one deploy on us once when the flight attendants failed to disconnect it.)

Just now, eSJayDee said:

I used to cater commercial airplanes (albeit like 40 yrs ago).  I thought in order to deploy those shutes, the door had to be blown off.  (We almost had one deploy on us once when the flight attendants failed to disconnect it.)

I mean he did say she slid down it and ran on the tarmac so the door getting blown off probably happened or however it happens.

29 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

Nope.

The door doesn't "blow off."

It depends on which door slide is activated.

First, the main entry must be armed.

On the ground, prior to movement, they are not armed.

Once the airplane moves, the flight attendants arm their doors for automatic deployment.

Once armed, the slides will deploy if the door is opened.

On main entry doors, the door stays where it is.

On over wing hatches, which are not "armed," the hatch is pulled in and must be thrown out.

The slide will deploy once the hatch is pulled.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah you can't just activate those slides, have to properly deflate them, fold them back if possible,  and putting them back has to be done precisely.   Dont know the rules and regs on those.  That was probably a several hour delay, most likely had to change planes, not only that they had to track down the crazy lady on active runways.  With so many cellphone cameras shocked there isn't some video of it already.

Yea I'm the unfortunate one that has to reinspect and pack those not an easy process. If the slide is beyond repair she will be getting a hefty bill I guarantee you that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/woman-arrested-after-unruly-behavior-on-plane-at-buffalo-niagara-international-airport/article_5e83d4be-c04f-11ec-84e4-2f1cbe5b1056.html#tracking-source=most-popular-homepage

A California woman was arrested Tuesday by Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority police after allegedly becoming unruly on board an airplane at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport in Cheektowaga.

An NFTA spokeswoman said 24-year-old Cynthia McKnight of Sacramento faces a number of charges, including disorderly conduct, harassment, trespassing and criminal mischief.

NFTA detectives said McKnight opened the cargo door of the plane. She was turned over to the Genesee County Sheriff's Office for pending warrants. The American Airlines flight she was aboard was en route to Chicago. 

The slide in Spencer Brown's picture was not positioned where the cargo door is, nor does the cargo door deploy a slide when opened.

Better article

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2022/04/20/cynthia-mcknight-sacramento-buffalo-flight-arrest-emergency-exit-slide/

Plane was bound for Chicago O'Hare and had already pushed back from the gate when she Did That Thing

1 hour ago, T master said:

She's on American's "no fly list" pending investigation. 

Would not be a shock if other airlines follow suit.  It's a Big Deal in today's "just in time/just what's needed" air travel world.  The plane has to go out of service while the slide and door get checked out and re-packed/re-armed.  All the pax need rebooked (65 people), but worse than that, the plane was undoubtedly scheduled for 1-2 more flights that evening/night and still more the next morning, so there will be follow-on effects in the system

She can Go Greyhound, use Amtrak, or stick out her thumb from now on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Nope.

The door doesn't "blow off."

It depends on which door slide is activated.

First, the main entry must be armed.

On the ground, prior to movement, they are not armed.

Once the airplane moves, the flight attendants arm their doors for automatic deployment.

Once armed, the slides will deploy if the door is opened.

On main entry doors, the door stays where it is.

On over wing hatches, which are not "armed," the hatch is pulled in and must be thrown out.

The slide will deploy once the hatch is pulled.

If the main cabin door was closed the slide was armed. Any time you hear the FA call “doors closed, armed, cross checked” they are armed. All the lady has to do is open the cabin door to force the deployment.

Any time a slide or raft is deployed, it has to be removed, inspected, tested, packed and reinstalled. It is not a short process and I highly doubt the maintenance department for that airline has spare slides sitting at an out-base. I know Chataqua didn’t. 

That airplane was AOG the moment she opened the door. I don’t know the specific procedure for that airline but I’m betting everyone was deplaned, and the had to either swap planes or wait for another plane to be brought in from another hub. 

55 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

If the main cabin door was closed the slide was armed. 

The rest of your post is correct, but tis is not.

Closing a door does not arm the slide.

The slide must be armed (and disarmed on arrival), intentionally.

Your comments on the calls that flight attendants make are true, but the slides are not armed until they do that.

There are many times that the doors are closed and the doors not armed, ie if the bridge is still hooked up and there is a delay.

3 hours ago, T master said:

Certain politicians are fighting against the establishment of a universal no-fly list for misbehavior on board aircraft. As such, each airline has to do it individually. This lady will be banned from that airline but will still be free to fly any other.

17 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

dumb question, why would she be turned over to the Genessee County Sheriffs Office when the crime(s) occurred in Erie County?

She had warrants out of Genessee County that were unrelated to the incident on the plane 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.