Anyone hear WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky on Sirius Radio today

intimidatortj

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Robinson is 5'10" 185.

Tyreek is 5'10" 185. Would you pass on him?

Granted he's not as fast as Hill but his shiftiness and vision is pretty impressive. 

This is from the Combine. He's 5'8" and he's no Tyreek Hill. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/wan-dale-robinson/3200524f-4271-7726-8cbf-ec8b4c6b1627

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/wan-dale-robinson/3200524f-4271-7726-8cbf-ec8b4c6b1627

Oh I agree, Tyreek's a freaking unicorn. But Robinson has ability regardless of size and should be a very good slot WR for some team. I've seen some sites list him anywhere from 5'8" to 5'11" and 178 to 185.

Combine report appears to be the most credible.

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

You’re right. He’s nowhere near as fast as Hill. Few are. I do think he’s a 4.4 guy though and very shifty.  I have my doubts Hill is any taller than Wandale.  He is very good after the catch, has great hands, and tough as nails. He was really the only receiving weapon in a fairly heavy run first offense so the focus was usually on him. I don’t recall near as many times being caught from behind as some of these draftniks but I’m sure there were some. This is the SEC. Would IMO be an immediate upgrade over McKenzie in the slot. I’m admittedly biased as a UK fan. But that program has reached never before seen heights the past few years and are producing a lot of really good players. Also he is to my knowledge a solid human being whereas Hill is a garbage human being. I’d be excited if the Bills drafted him. 

Edited by Floydboy12

4 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

You’re right. He’s nowhere near as fast as Hill. Few are. I do think he’s a 4.4 guy though and very shifty.  I have my doubts Hill is any taller than Wandale.  But he is very good after the catch, has great hands, and tough as nails. He was really the only receiving weapon in a fairly heavy run first offense so the focus was usually on him. I don’t recall near as many times being caught from behind as some of these draftniks but I’m sure there were some. This is the SEC. Would IMO be an immediate upgrade over McKenzie in the slot. I’m admittedly biased as a UK fan. But that program has reached never before seen heights the past few years and are producing a lot of really good players. Also he is to my knowledge a solid human being whereas Hill is a garbage human being. I’d be excited if the Bills drafted him. 

Jamison Crowder is our slot when the season starts. McKenzie will be our #4. Crowder is just as reliable, shifty, and he's proven. Robinson would be just another short WR on the depth chart behind those two. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, without a drought said:

I want the Bills to take 2 wr's in the draft, with one being a guy like this and another true outside guy.

Robinson is one that I have mentioned, I could see the Bills moving up a few spots in the 3rd or 4th for this type of player. They do tend to get focused on certain players.

2 is excessive since have Marques Stevenson on the 53, maybe draft one and bring in two undrafted. 

3 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

That’s right let’s go back to kelvin benjamin, Andre Holmes and Terrell Pryor.

Uhhhhh, no. That's not even relevant to the comments I made. We don't need 3 WR's on our depth chart 5'9" or shorter. We have a proven Slot in Crowder and then we have McKenzie. We can draft another WR, who can play, that's not a midget. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

2 is excessive since have Marques Stevenson on the 53, maybe draft one and bring in two undrafted. 

I don’t think that Stevenson is even a remote consideration on draft day.  If he shows any playmaking ability and makes the team, it will be a pleasant surprise/bonus.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Jamison Crowder is our slot when the season starts. McKenzie will be our #4. Crowder is just as reliable, shifty, and he's proven. Robinson would be just another short WR on the depth chart behind those two. 

How long do you expect Crowder to be a Bill? I don’t know the terms of his contract. I think Crowder is a fine player. Doesn’t strike me as someone impossible to beat out. 

53 minutes ago, H2o said:

Uhhhhh, no. That's not even relevant to the comments I made. We don't need 3 WR's on our depth chart 5'9" or shorter. We have a proven Slot in Crowder and then we have McKenzie. We can draft another WR, who can play, that's not a midget. 

You’re not wrong. 5’8” <180 is below general positional standards.  Of course, that doesn’t mean that any particular player below that standard can’t play well, but the “analytics” are against him.  Ideally, you don’t want very many of these guys on your team, but if they are better than larger faster players fine.

What I’ve seen of Robinson makes me think he can be a contributor, but where do you have to draft guys like him?  I think he is quicker than Roscoe Parrish was and I think that he could be better than Isaiah McKenzie.  With Crowder on a 1 year deal, it could make sense to draft a potential replacement.  The Bills pick late in the 3rd - it might make sense to consider him there.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Yeah if they draft Robinson then McKenzie better try to go month to month on his apartment.     Can't see them keeping 3 smurf, slot-types.  

45 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

How long do you expect Crowder to be a Bill? I don’t know the terms of his contract. I think Crowder is a fine player. Doesn’t strike me as someone impossible to beat out. 

IMO Crowder would be very hard to beat out in the slot.

But yeah, it's a one-year contract. And money will again be tight next year.

Not sure I understand drafting a slot WR this year.. We have both Crowder and McKenzie.  Diggs and Davis can both play out of the slot as well.  

After Diggs and Davis, we have Kumerow, Stevenson & Hodgins outside.   Ehhh.. not in love with that.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.