Anyone hear WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky on Sirius Radio today

intimidatortj

WR Wan'Dale Robinson Kentucky is a super quick, shifty wide receiver/gadget guy.   He is not Tyreek Hill, or Deebo Samuel, but he is in that mold

He was interviewed today (4-20-22) on Sirius radio and when asked if he has been talking to any specific teams and how they could use him, he answered:

BUFFALO

He mentioned the Bills talked about using him in 4 wide sets.

He didn't mention any other teams in response to this question.  Found it interesting. 

NFL.com Scouting Report

Robinson will be tabbed as a slot receiver but that is underselling his potential. He's sudden and slick with an ability to make plays from a variety of alignments. He has gadget potential and can function as a dump-and-run target, acting as an extension of the running game. A lack of length and play strength could be a concern until he tightens up the route-running to prevent contested catches. He's much lighter than Deebo Samuel, but the competitiveness, acceleration and run-after-catch talent could have teams eyeing a somewhat similar usage for Robinson in the future.

Edited by intimidatortj
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

• intimidatortj changed the title to Anyone hear WR Wan'Dale Robinson - Kentucky on Sirius Radio today
1 minute ago, intimidatortj said:

WR Wan'Dale Robinson is a super quick, shifty wide receiver/gadget guy.   He is not Tyreek Hill, or Deebo Samuel, but he is in that mold

He was interviewed today (4-20-22) on Sirius radio and when asked if he has been talking to any specific teams and how they could use him, he answered:

BUFFALO

He didn't mention any other teams in response to this question.  Found it interesting. 

NFL.com Scouting Report

Robinson will be tabbed as a slot receiver but that is underselling his potential. He's sudden and slick with an ability to make plays from a variety of alignments. He has gadget potential and can function as a dump-and-run target, acting as an extension of the running game. A lack of length and play strength could be a concern until he tightens up the route-running to prevent contested catches. He's much lighter than Deebo Samuel, but the competitiveness, acceleration and run-after-catch talent could have teams eyeing a somewhat similar usage for Robinson in the future.

So he could be another McKenzie? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So he could be another McKenzie? 

Some scouts think he could be a lot more.  He knows how to play running back.  If you can get the ball to Wan'Dale in screens, draws, bubble screens, he can take it to the house.  He is more than just a guy that can do jet sweep reverses.     PS   He is tiny.   But watch a few of his highlights...he breaks defenders ankles.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He certainly seems to know how to move in traffic.

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

This is one guy who stuck out to me as possibly available a little later in the draft due to the depth at WE even though other years he would go higher.

Would not be surprised if we are trying to get our own Tyreek or as close as we can. 

He seemed to get caught from behind a bunch in those highlights not sure he's got that kind of speed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, intimidatortj said:

WR Wan'Dale Robinson Kentucky is a super quick, shifty wide receiver/gadget guy.   He is not Tyreek Hill, or Deebo Samuel, but he is in that mold

BUFFALO

NFL.com Scouting Report

Another midget WR? Pass. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would not be surprised if we are trying to get our own Tyreek or as close as we can. 

I think that's what they were trying to do when they took a flyer on Marquez Stevenson late in the draft last year.  I fully expect them to try again at some point in this draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

Exactly the same size as Cole Beasley  5'8"  178 lbs.

Per Dane Brugler (The Athletic):

STRENGTHS: Versatile weapon with dynamic open-field athleticism ... instinctive field vision to skirt tacklers and weave through the defense ... tough to tackle one-on-one thanks to lateral agility and balance ... uses speed releases to slip the jam and quickly enter his routes ... catches the ball cleanly in stride without gearing down ... able to adjust and make diving grabs when necessary ... in his element on swing/flare routes ... was also used as a running back, averaging 4.9 yards per carry (141/691/4) ... toughness (with or without the ball) definitely belongs in the strengths column, and head coach Mark Stoops refers to him as the “ultimate competitor” ... productive junior season as one of only three FBS players to average 8.0 catches or better per game.

WEAKNESSES: Undersized with below-average height, weight, length and growth potential ... smaller target for his quarterback ... can make guys miss, but doesn’t have the run strength to consistently break tackles ... lacks elite speed, and can be caught from behind ... needs to improve the pacing and setup of his routes ... hohum in contested situations ... physical cornerbacks can slow him and disrupt his timing ... worked primarily out of the slot, and unproven outside the numbers ... minimal punt-return experience, averaging just 2.1 yards per return (7/15/0).

SUMMARY: A one-year starter at Kentucky, Robinson worked primarily out of the slot in offensive coordinator Liam Coen’s scheme (a discipline of Sean McVay). After two mediocre seasons with Nebraska, he transferred back home for the 2021 season and had the most prolific receiving season in Kentucky history, setting school records for catches (104), receiving yards (1,334) and 100-yard receiving games (six). Robinson is hyper-quick and slippery to create pockets of separation out of his breaks and elude pursuit after the catch. He has excellent field awareness with the ball in his hands, but his routes are a little rough, and he has more career drops (11) than receiving touchdowns (10).

Overall, Robinson is undersized and quicker than fast, but he is a catch-and-go creator with outstanding vision and athleticism in the open field. He has potential to be a starting NFL slot receiver and return man.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could see the Bills taking this player in the 3rd or 4th round, depending on who they draft ahead of him.  You can never have too many weapons.  I assume that if he was drafted, that Stevenson would probably be on his way out.  While you never can have too many weapons, you do have a limit on roster size, so you can't keep every guy based on potential.  It's safe to say that McKenzie is making the team, so I don't think they'd keep McKenzie, Stevenson, and Robinson, assuming they drafted Robinson.  Stevenson has great speed, but he has a history of being injury-prone and I thought he ran a little "stiff" when I saw him play.  By that I mean that he seemed to run very upright and while he may be fast, he may not be shifty or laterally quick.  Those are just my own observations based on a very limited sample size.  The numbers may well say something different.

Edited by msw2112

Seems like a day 3 target.  Lots of good wr are day 3.  Diggs and Davis are to name a few.  Moves similar to Beasley imo.  Seems like a decent option to develop behind Crowder and Mckenzie for a year.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Does he return on ST's?

He doesn't have much experience handling KR or PR which is a bummer. His receiving stats are excellent but he's just really small, he had plenty of carries out of the backfield too, I believe he used to be a RB.

I like him but hard to see him being a fit for the Bills when we have McKenzie. 

36 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I could see the Bills taking this player in the 3rd or 4th round, depending on who they draft ahead of him.  You can never have too many weapons.  I assume that if he was drafted, that Stevenson would probably be on his way out.  While you never can have too many weapons, you do have a limit on roster size, so you can't keep every guy based on potential.  It's safe to say that McKenzie is making the team, so I don't think they'd keep McKenzie, Stevenson, and Robinson, assuming they drafted Robinson.  Stevenson has great speed, but he has a history of being injury-prone and I thought he ran a little "stiff" when I saw him play.  By that I mean that he seemed to run very upright and while he may be fast, he may not be shifty or laterally quick.  Those are just my own observations based on a very limited sample size.  The numbers may well say something different.

I suppose anything is possible but I don’t see him falling to our pick in rd 3.  Def not 4.  

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I suppose anything is possible but I don’t see him falling to our pick in rd 3.  Def not 4.  

Agreed.  It looks like his grade is early to mid third round.  I don't see the Bills trading up for him, but if he falls to them, then I could see them selecting him.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Another midget WR? Pass. 

Robinson is 5'10" 185.

Tyreek is 5'10" 185. Would you pass on him?

Granted he's not as fast as Hill but his shiftiness and vision is pretty impressive. 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Agree 2

He's not very fast for a guy who is small. Its hard in the NFL to be small and slow. Yes he has some quick twitch like Singletary but no one is beating down the door to have Singletary in the draft as Bills fans now are they. Clearly he can play RB/WR but I see him having limited success in the NFL 

• Like (+1) 1

He was also on GMFB this morning.  Apparently he was a pee wee football phenom and had highlights that went viral.  Told the story after one game the ref asked for his autograph when he was 8 yo 😛 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.