Von recruiting Haden?

Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Haden is 33 and coming off the worst statistical season of his career where he still missed 6 games. 

QBs posted a 100+ QB rating going against him and missed tackles were a big issue.

I sure hope the Bills aren’t doing it again…. It being signing up a washed-up CB for no good reason….

Can anyone add anything to this?

Is it a fact that he’s washed-up?

I hope the Bills are looking at all the remaining FA CBs with a fine-toothed comb….

I’d imagine at least one of the remaining could still play… Certainly Gilmore could still play….

I don’t think he was the only one?

Man, it’ll be depressing if we sign one and it turns out he is washed-up (again.)

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I like Dane, as a "break the glass in case of emergency" #2.  He played well at the end of the season but don't know if he is ready for the full load. 

My thing is that Dane is fine, just not as a starter for a team with Super Bowl aspirations. And if Tre isn’t 100% then you are in a real dire situation. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Plenty is:  Haden/Fuller/Buoye/Callahan/Harris/Rhodes

Tre didn't play against the Chiefs

Maybe the answer is Tre and Dane, with a short term vet CB, and groom another CB.

Half of those guys you quoted I addressed serious concerns with in the very post you quoted. And they didn't even involve age.

As for the other 3 - Chris Harris played 9 games in 2020 and started 11 in 2021, he's considered injury prone.

A.J. Bouye has played a total of 17 games over the past two seasons. Starting only 14 in 2 years.

Xavier Rhodes may be the safest bet, but last season he allowed a 62% catch rate when targeted. Ranking 51st amongst CBs.

None of these guys are guys you should feel comfortable starting. That's why they haven't been signed by any of the 32 teams. At this point, they're depth role players. 

And you said it - we didn't have Tre down the stretch last season. And it proved why, especially in the position we're in, you can't place such little emphasis as you're implying on the other starting CB position. Tre goes down and we're screwed. As for Dane Jackson, we had him last season. He did not perform well and could not beat out Levi Wallace. He's not the answer at CB2.

We need to try and get someone who has the potential to, at the very least, be an upgrade from Levi. At most someone who can come in and be able to handle CB1, if something were to happen to Tre. We've let that opportunity pass us by in FA. 

Taking a mid round CB like Emerson or Taylor-Britt and signing one of these guys, while keeping our fingers crossed that Tre doesn't take a step back returning from injury is very risky. Especially when we probably won't have Tre to start the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My thing is that Dane is fine, just not as a starter for a team with Super Bowl aspirations. And if Tre isn’t 100% then you are in a real dire situation. 

Can't disagree. 

And based on beane's presser today he really downplayed the need which make me think he's going to be looking early. 

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can't disagree. 

And based on beane's presser today he really downplayed the need which make me think he's going to be looking early. 

The thing about Dane is, after Tre went out, teams went after Wallace a lot more than Dane. 

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Do the Bills have the money to make this happen? I know teams work around the cap all the time but Beane did spend a ton of money this offseason already.

Yeah they'll draft OC in the first and cut Morse to free up a tonne of cap $$.

....that's a joke by the way...  

12 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

The thing about Dane is, after Tre went out, teams went after Wallace a lot more than Dane. 

Well wouldn't you want to attack their 2 with your 1 over their 3 with your 2?

The drop from 1 to 2 is greater than 2 to 3, IMO.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dane is fine as a #2. Yet we're weak at outside CB depth and with Tre's availability in question understand thought process wanting one earlier. Heck last season I was hoping we'd get Eric Stokes in Round 1.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.