Who is Your Favorite NFL Football TV Announcer of All Time ?

T master

The 60s AFL team

Curt Gowdy as Announcer

Al Derogatis as Color Commentator 

image.jpeg.d8aa4da670118b50bef46c39dc1c9574.jpeg

Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis: Let’s take a trip in the way-back machine. Gowdy was the voice of sports for a time in the 1960s — matter-of-fact, play it as it lays. DeRogatis knew his stuff. But they have historical import: They not only called the infamous “Heidi” game (look it up), but Super Bowl III, in which Joe Namath’s New York Jets defeated the mighty Baltimore Colts and basically established the AFL as a going concern.  Sourced From AZ paper. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

He is my all-time favorite, but since this was about professional football, I didn't mention him.

He did play-by-play for MNF’s 1st season in 1970, then was replaced by Frank Gifford the next year. Monumental downgrade.

Announcer:  Charley Jones

Analyst:  Merlin Olsen

For present day guys, it’s a tie between Ian Eagle and Kevin Harlan - both these guys should be on #1 teams.  And for analyst I think Greg Olson is an up and comer.

Edited by oldmanfan

Any Harry Kalas fans out there? I know he wasn't in the booth and was also equally known as the Phillies PxP guy, but he was the voice I remember most from NFL films. He was basically John Facenda's successor.

As far as guys in the booth, definitely Michaels and Madden.

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

BUT:  I have to admit, I really like Tony Romo now.  I know he doesn't have that all time clout yet, but he is my current favorite by a wide margin out there right now.  

See I find Romo really irritating and not adding much value since CBS stopped him tipping plays. It was almost as though they dumbed him down to the audience. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.